The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

1 minute ago, theo5789 said:

Depends on border closure and quarantine procedures down the road. Outbreaks can/will happen anywhere. Say even if it is a possibility that he's willing to go to Seattle, well if what we lose in expansion is a pending UFA that didn't want to sign here anyway (for the reasons you suggest), then I consider that a win in not losing a valuable piece that wants to be here in the first place. If wants to be here, he's in full control by taking himself to UFA.

I don’t disagree, I’m just maki by the point some people saying he’s a dead certain to resign and wouldn’t go to Seattle, I think all the reasons why he came to us could equally apply to Seattle when he was reported to want to stay in western Canada the Kracken weren’t a team yet so it was never an option, now it is.

I would like to keep him but if that’s who goes in the ED because of being a pending UFA I wouldn’t cry 

12 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

I don’t disagree, I’m just maki by the point some people saying he’s a dead certain to resign and wouldn’t go to Seattle, I think all the reasons why he came to us could equally apply to Seattle when he was reported to want to stay in western Canada the Kracken weren’t a team yet so it was never an option, now it is.

I would like to keep him but if that’s who goes in the ED because of being a pending UFA I wouldn’t cry 

Fair enough, I guess like I said, it'll depends on border and quarantine rules as that could delay him being home when needed as opposed to staying in Canada. I don't think it's a lock that he signs here, but I suspect he would want to stay in Western Canada assuming the world hasn't drastically changed in the next few months.

30 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

That’s not quite correct - Seattle can talking with Pending UFAs PRIOR to the ED. (They have a 48 hour window) If they agree terms that player becomes the pick from the team they were part of.

they can also draft a pending UFA without this in the draft and walk (Vegas did this with three players) 

but either way after the draft UFA proceeds normally and is not impacted by the draft 

That was implicit in my post.  If signing him as a pending UFA made him Seattle's Vancouver pick, then obviously it happened before the ED day.  In the interests of brevity I didn't quote the entire entry draft rules (which I did in a post elsewhere)

7 minutes ago, Googlie said:

That was implicit in my post.  If signing him as a pending UFA made him Seattle's Vancouver pick, then obviously it happened before the ED day.  In the interests of brevity I didn't quote the entire entry draft rules (which I did in a post elsewhere)

It was not really implicit in the post... I read it the same way he did.  I guess just the way it was written didn’t come across very clearly.

Maybe “Wait to try to sign him after the ED....” would have had it make more sense?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

Personally, I'd give Seattle a 2nd in this years draft to take Holtby, based on the fact that this draft, unlike any others, we don't have a clear read on the talent out there as many of the players have only played a few games at best. We don't have that real solid basis of data to make a decision past the first round, and even that is questionable.

Holtby's contract is structured to make him less attractive to pick.

$4.3 AAV 

$2.4 salary this year + a bonus

$5.7 next

All in millions

If they take him. they take him...

• Cheers 1

Yeah - rereading it I could have been clearer .....

"Wait until after the ED to sign him, but then Seattle has a window before the ED to approach him ..."  would have captured what I was trying to say.

Wordsmithing is an ever challenging art, even for a dilettante author, especially as one grows older!!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

I know, but I think they are going to look at who we have exposed and choose the experience that Holtby brings. I also believe that Benning is willing to use a draft pick, to ensure that they take the player that he wants them to take.

Personally, I'd give Seattle a 2nd in this years draft to take Holtby, based on the fact that this draft, unlike any others, we don't have a clear read on the talent out there as many of the players have only played a few games at best. We don't have that real solid basis of data to make a decision past the first round, and even that is questionable.

When we signed Holtby, it was done in a way that would allow us to expose him. I think Seattle takes him, even if they need a little coaxing. 

It'll take a few more Leaf games for the Kraken to select a 5.7 million 30+ year old backup goalie.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Holtby's contract is structured to make him less attractive to pick.

$4.3 AAV 

$2.4 salary this year + a bonus

$5.7 next

All in millions

If they take him. they take him...

Yeah - JB has now structured a few that way.  Virtanen's is similar (not the actual $$ though) .... $1.7M this year, $3.4M next year ( that included a $400k bonus)

6 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

It'll take a few more Leaf games for the Kraken to select a 5.7 million 30+ year old backup goalie.

4.3 million cap hit. Yes, it's more than that on the money side, but, I still think they take him...with an incentive.

1 hour ago, UKNuck96 said:

I do think there is the possibility that Hamonic would go to Seattle. It’s not really that much further, and with the decision to stay close to home (and his daughter I believe who has respiratory issues) it’s a possibility especially after the outbreak in the team and the $&!# show of rising COVID in BC and Canada in general vs the trajectory of vaccinations in the USA. 

I doubt there's any direct flights to WPG from Seattle. There's also customs and potential border issues in the midst of a pandemic. Don't think he has any interest of playing anywhere across the border, Seattle or otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Provost said:

Yep... waiting to see, maybe this week or next...

Canucks sign Nikita Tryamkin, 2 year deal @ $2 million per year.

That’s what they offered him before he left 4 year ago,.  Let’s hope it makes sense to him.

This is a player I’m sure, ready to show his best , and up the ante’ for his UFA year.

im sure this makes sense to the player, but I wouldn’t be surprised if management takes it to 2.5 for 3 years .

Pretty sure this is a 4 m per or better player in 2 years.

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, SilentSam said:

That’s what they offered him before he left 4 year ago,.  Let’s hope it makes sense to him.

This is a player I’m sure, ready to show his best , and up the ante’ for his UFA year.

im sure this makes sense to the player, but I wouldn’t be surprised if management takes it to 2.5 for 3 years .

Pretty sure this is a 4 m per or better player in 2 years.

this is what i hope, 

2.5x3 for Tryamkin

2x2 for Hamonic

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Why is a very unproven Tryamkin making more than a far better Hamonic?

I’m in agreement with that number,.

I beleive to keep him from UFA for 3 years for an extra 1.5 over Hamonic’s avg.

Tryamkin was offered 2m per before he left.

and is worth that.

Why do you think he is “very unproven”?

personaly , I saw enough of Tryamkin to generate the 2m before he left.

And the growth i have witnessed of him in the KHL supports that as a minimum.

If Tryamkin is not signing for 3 years, he is signing for 2 years..  probably 2m per.

But do you risk his probable rise in salary after 2 years, or try to stretch that to 3?

Ps.  Just because Hamonic fits with Hughes, dosent mean anyone else can’t.

Is he worth more than 2m per, yes , short term.

I stated the same about Tanev, and low and behold, Hamonic stepped in.

Edited by SilentSam

6 hours ago, deus.ex.makina said:

this is what i hope, 

2.5x3 for Tryamkin

2x2 for Hamonic

Have my doubts that Hamonic will sign that low, thats 3rd pairing $

I think he's demonstrated he's better than that, and a D partner which is a fit for Hughes is imperative.

If they include an NTC, they could get that number down, but 2x2 wont cut it imo.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2