The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

I know, but I think they are going to look at who we have exposed and choose the experience that Holtby brings. I also believe that Benning is willing to use a draft pick, to ensure that they take the player that he wants them to take.

Personally, I'd give Seattle a 2nd in this years draft to take Holtby, based on the fact that this draft, unlike any others, we don't have a clear read on the talent out there as many of the players have only played a few games at best. We don't have that real solid basis of data to make a decision past the first round, and even that is questionable.

When we signed Holtby, it was done in a way that would allow us to expose him. I think Seattle takes him, even if they need a little coaxing. 

It'll take a few more Leaf games for the Kraken to select a 5.7 million 30+ year old backup goalie.

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Holtby's contract is structured to make him less attractive to pick.

$4.3 AAV 

$2.4 salary this year + a bonus

$5.7 next

All in millions

If they take him. they take him...

Yeah - JB has now structured a few that way.  Virtanen's is similar (not the actual $$ though) .... $1.7M this year, $3.4M next year ( that included a $400k bonus)

6 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

It'll take a few more Leaf games for the Kraken to select a 5.7 million 30+ year old backup goalie.

4.3 million cap hit. Yes, it's more than that on the money side, but, I still think they take him...with an incentive.

1 hour ago, UKNuck96 said:

I do think there is the possibility that Hamonic would go to Seattle. It’s not really that much further, and with the decision to stay close to home (and his daughter I believe who has respiratory issues) it’s a possibility especially after the outbreak in the team and the $&!# show of rising COVID in BC and Canada in general vs the trajectory of vaccinations in the USA. 

I doubt there's any direct flights to WPG from Seattle. There's also customs and potential border issues in the midst of a pandemic. Don't think he has any interest of playing anywhere across the border, Seattle or otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Truly hoping to see a Vintage topic stating that Tryamkin has been re-signed.

I think you speak for most Canuck fans. At the right price and term bringing Tryamkin back  is all upside.

• Hydration 1
2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Truly hoping to see a Vintage topic stating that Tryamkin has been re-signed.

Yep... waiting to see, maybe this week or next...

Canucks sign Nikita Tryamkin, 2 year deal @ $2 million per year.

• Hydration 2
13 minutes ago, Provost said:

Yep... waiting to see, maybe this week or next...

Canucks sign Nikita Tryamkin, 2 year deal @ $2 million per year.

That’s what they offered him before he left 4 year ago,.  Let’s hope it makes sense to him.

This is a player I’m sure, ready to show his best , and up the ante’ for his UFA year.

im sure this makes sense to the player, but I wouldn’t be surprised if management takes it to 2.5 for 3 years .

Pretty sure this is a 4 m per or better player in 2 years.

• Hydration 1
9 hours ago, SilentSam said:

That’s what they offered him before he left 4 year ago,.  Let’s hope it makes sense to him.

This is a player I’m sure, ready to show his best , and up the ante’ for his UFA year.

im sure this makes sense to the player, but I wouldn’t be surprised if management takes it to 2.5 for 3 years .

Pretty sure this is a 4 m per or better player in 2 years.

this is what i hope, 

2.5x3 for Tryamkin

2x2 for Hamonic

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
32 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Why is a very unproven Tryamkin making more than a far better Hamonic?

I’m in agreement with that number,.

I beleive to keep him from UFA for 3 years for an extra 1.5 over Hamonic’s avg.

Tryamkin was offered 2m per before he left.

and is worth that.

Why do you think he is “very unproven”?

personaly , I saw enough of Tryamkin to generate the 2m before he left.

And the growth i have witnessed of him in the KHL supports that as a minimum.

If Tryamkin is not signing for 3 years, he is signing for 2 years..  probably 2m per.

But do you risk his probable rise in salary after 2 years, or try to stretch that to 3?

Ps.  Just because Hamonic fits with Hughes, dosent mean anyone else can’t.

Is he worth more than 2m per, yes , short term.

I stated the same about Tanev, and low and behold, Hamonic stepped in.

Edited by SilentSam
6 hours ago, deus.ex.makina said:

this is what i hope, 

2.5x3 for Tryamkin

2x2 for Hamonic

Have my doubts that Hamonic will sign that low, thats 3rd pairing $

I think he's demonstrated he's better than that, and a D partner which is a fit for Hughes is imperative.

If they include an NTC, they could get that number down, but 2x2 wont cut it imo.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 2
7 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

Have my doubts that Hamonic will sign that low, thats 3rd pairing $

I think he's demonstrated he's better than that, and a D partner which is a fit for Hughes is imperative.

If they include an NTC, they could get that number down, but 2x2 wont cut it imo.

This is what Tanev thought too.

Hughes can make anyone look good, but yes, I agree it has to be the right fit,.  I like Hamonic over Tanev more because he has grit, and will back any team mate up.

proved it again last night.

I don’t think Hamonic is worth 4m per,. 
but possibly edging up to +/- 3m per , short term.

Yeah, Hamonic is a career 22min/game RHD. This season is a bit of an outlier, with him taking the $1.25M for one year, under some rather unique conditions, but his price could easily go back to something around $3M (+/-).

Hopefully the rumours are true that Tryamkin’s camp is only seeking $1.5-2M for his next contract. 

Should be easy enough to fit both, at those numbers.

• Hydration 3
  • Upvote 1
43 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I’m in agreement with that number,.

I beleive to keep him from UFA for 3 years for an extra 1.5 over Hamonic’s avg.

Tryamkin was offered 2m per before he left.

and is worth that.

Why do you think he is “very unproven”?

personaly , I saw enough of Tryamkin to generate the 2m before he left.

And the growth i have witnessed of him in the KHL supports that as a minimum.

If Tryamkin is not signing for 3 years, he is signing for 2 years..  probably 2m per.

But do you risk his probable rise in salary after 2 years, or try to stretch that to 3?

Ps.  Just because Hamonic fits with Hughes, dosent mean anyone else can’t.

Is he worth more than 2m per, yes , short term.

I stated the same about Tanev, and low and behold, Hamonic stepped in.

Tryamkin has shown to be a promising 3rd'ish pair D. That's it. And with no guarantee that he actually earns a third pair spot over our other options. Particularly if we also sign Hamonic. We're not going to pay him more than 6-7 D money, which IMO is likely between $1.5m-$2m.

Hamonic is a proven, top 4, 22 minute RHD. His desire to play only in Western Canada certainly drops his negotiating power, but he's still likely going to get between $2.5-$3.5 depending on term, NTC etc. Maybe even approaching $4 (normally he'd be worth a similar contract to Tanev's).

I'd rather see a 1 year deal for Tryamking at around 1M per. He's been good in the KHL and that's great to see, but ultimately it doesn't mean much if he still doesn't commit to coming to North America. If he thought he was ready to make the transition but then decides he'd rather go back, he can do that. If he finds that it goes well then we have an NHL sample size to work with for his next deal. If it's expensive then great, we found a massive top-4 defenseman. The biggest concern is off the ice and that's the reason I would be hesitant to go for a multi year deal. 

On the ice, the only thing working against him is the numbers. Schmidt is already a LHD playing his offside and I don't think the coaching staff would want to run 5 LHDs on a given night. If he can compliment Schmidt or Hughes he would be in a good spot, but building that chemistry can take time as we've seen this year. Juolevi or Rathbone are both LHDs that will likely get regular playing time on the bottom pair. So if he doesn't fit with either one of our two best defensemen right away, which is tough to do, then it looks kind of tough to get him regular minutes right away. Another reason why a 1 year deal would probably give us more flexibility. I think playing with Schmidt would have the potential to be a good fit, but he has to prove he can handle those kind of minutes as well. 

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

This is what Tanev thought too.

Hughes can make anyone look good, but yes, I agree it has to be the right fit,.  I like Hamonic over Tanev more because he has grit, and will back any team mate up.

proved it again last night.

I don’t think Hamonic is worth 4m per,. 
but possibly edging up to +/- 3m per , short term.

Conversely, he can make his defence partners look pretty bad as well.lol

Maybe they get Hamonic for a little less than $3M.?

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
48 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Yeah, Hamonic is a career 22min/game RHD. This season is a bit of an outlier, with him taking the $1.25M for one year, under some rather unique conditions, but his price could easily go back to something around $3M (+/-).

Hopefully the rumours are true that Tryamkin’s camp is only seeking $1.5-2M for his next contract. 

Should be easy enough to fit both, at those numbers.

I think it would be smart for Tryamkin to sign the contract in and around those numbers. It gives him a chance to prove himself in the NHL again. If he comes in and kills it, he could set himself up for a massive payday (hopefully with Vancouver). If he doesn't quite light it up here, he's only here for two years and can look elsewhere after the fact.

18 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

Conversely, he can make his defence partners look pretty bad as well.lol

Maybe they get Hamonic for a little less than $3M.?

That would be nice,  I do see Hamonic with more of an upside all around over Tanev.

pretty easy to say that he has replaced him.

If he could be retained for 3 years without Clauses in that final season for around that money,  I think he would stay.

The beauty of the D situation , is we aren’t really tied into anyone.  Myers is an exception, but with a better D core , Myers play will get better too.

Hes the only real set of broad shoulders, other than Hamonics Grit.