The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

6 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

It suggests to me that he was not serious about returning. Hopefully Benning can flip his rights to another club. Maybe Tryamkin had another club in mind all along.

Don’t think so - those rights expire prior to his khl contract.

I think hopes for bfg are finally, entirely dead.

7 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

It suggests to me that he was not serious about returning. Hopefully Benning can flip his rights to another club. Maybe Tryamkin had another club in mind all along.

I don’t think his rights are worth anything now as he’s already re-signed with Avto for 2 more years. The time to trade his rights would have been prior to him re-signing.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I don’t think his rights are worth anything now as he’s already re-signed with Avto for 2 more years. The time to trade his rights would have been prior to him re-signing.

Yep... if it became clear we couldn't make a deal why not give permission for his agent to try to make a deal with another club with us getting a pick to give up his rights if they made the deal.

If they didn't at least try that angle, he didn't seem to want to play in the NHL much and appears to have just been leveraging the possibility for a better KHL contract.

Edited by Provost
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, knucklehead91 said:

So I guess he and his agent didn’t understand the need to wait until after the expansion draft to sign him... didnt want to wait a couple months so we could avoid losing him or someone else to the draft

The expansion draft didn't factor into it, he was exempt whether he signed or not.

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

If he didn't like what was being offered he may be overvaluing himself before proving himself.   I'm tired of this guy already.  

It's really too bad. The idea of having a big, stay-at-home defenceman who could clear the crease and ragdoll guys like Benn and Getzlaff was appealing, to say the least. However, he's got to be willing to prove himself. Who knows, maybe he just doesn't want to play in the NHL. What a weekend we're having. Damn.

• Vintage 1

Disappointed  to hear we won’t be getting another look at the big guy but as many pointed out earlier there were limits to how high we should go in salary and term. I guess Jim had his limits too. 

Unless he was really being low-balled I’m glad he chose to stay. If it wasn’t his dream to play in the NHL his commitment would always be in question. We need players that are stoked to be here not guys that are meh, no biggie.

In any case it will be good to put this idea to bed and move on. There is a lot to do in the off-season.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1