The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

1 hour ago, Agoork said:

Google translate (not great, but you get the idea)

"Motorist" Nikita Tryamkina released in North America

March 6, 2016

Contract Nikita Tryamkina ends April 30, 2016 , but the defender turned to the club 
with a request to release him early, to go to North America . 
Recall Nikita drafted "Vancouver " .

"Motorist" went to meet his pupil , so this season he will continue in Canada. 
Note that the right to remain in the KHL hockey player for our club .

Nikita wish good luck!

So his nickname is "Motorist". 

"Avtomobilist" releases Nikita Tryamkin for North America.

March 6, 2016

Nikita Tryamkin's contract ends April 30, 2016, but the defender turned to the club with a request to release him early in order to go to North America. Recall that Nikita was drafted by "Vancouver " .

"Avtomobilist" decided to grant his request, which is why he will continue this season in Canada. Note that the rights to play in the KHL remain with the club.

We wish Nikita the best of luck!

Avtomobilist translates to Motorist. Most Russian team names translate to something. Ak Bars has the a pretty cool team name (Bars = Panther) :D

Edited by Brobidus
  • Upvote 1

More comments...

"I am thankful to Avtomobilist to release me. Contract with Canucks is not signed yet. If this happens, then I need to show everything I can this season."

"First, I would like to thank Avtomobilist that it has released Nikita before his contract expires. Tryamkin will sign standard entry-level two-way contract with Vancouver in near future. It will include point that the player might return to Russia if he is sent to the farm club in AHL. As I understand, Canucks has little chance to play in playoffs, that is why the club is interested to evaluate Tryamkin and let him play in the NHL right now. That was the topic of discussions with Canucks. Regular season in the NHL will finish in the middle of April so Nikita will have chance to showcase himself."

• Upvote 4

Before we go nuts about him playing for us. Is maybe part of the reason to get him off that team because he's playing with a hurt shoulder? I'm pretty sure he better get checked out and heal properly before plays any games for us. The future of our blueline might be resting on those huge shoulders. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Before we go nuts about him playing for us. Is maybe part of the reason to get him off that team because he's playing with a hurt shoulder? I'm pretty sure he better get checked out and heal properly before plays any games for us. The future of our blueline might be resting on those huge shoulders. 

the other thing that also concerns me is that he doesn't want to play in the AHL. but what if he needs more seasoning? goes back to Russia for that? sounds like NHL or bust. 

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

This seems to be hand injury, not shoulder according to the latest coach interview I posted a page ago...

7 hours ago, jstewboy said:

http://www.hc-avto.ru/news/1232/

Looks like our Russian beast has been signed.

Great News,. Just took the liberty to translate it on my iPad..  Thanks jstewboy !

it is from his KHL teams website.

"Avtomobilist" let Mikita Trâmkina in North America
March 6, 2016

Nikita Trâmkina contract ends April 30, 2016 onwards, but the Defender has appealed to the Club requesting to release it early, to travel in North America. As we have informed, Mikita drafted by "Vancouver".

"Avtomobilist" went to meet his pupil, so the current season he will continue in Canada. It should be noted that the right to a hockey player in the KHL remain for our Club.

We wish good luck to Nikita

So from that interview it sounds like he is not convinced the AHL is a good place for him and that was kind of expected. If he doesn't make the team out of training camp next year is it possible he goes back to the KHL for another season?

5 hours ago, Agoork said:

Google translate (not great, but you get the idea)

"Motorist" Nikita Tryamkina released in North America

March 6, 2016

Contract Nikita Tryamkina ends April 30, 2016 , but the defender turned to the club 
with a request to release him early, to go to North America . 
Recall Nikita drafted "Vancouver " .

"Motorist" went to meet his pupil , so this season he will continue in Canada. 
Note that the right to remain in the KHL hockey player for our club .

Nikita wish good luck!

*Thick Russian accent*

In Soviet Russia, Vancouver doesn't draft Nikita.... Nikita drafts you.

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, Derp... said:

So from that interview it sounds like he is not convinced the AHL is a good place for him and that was kind of expected. If he doesn't make the team out of training camp next year is it possible he goes back to the KHL for another season?

If he's not good enough to play in the NHL he goes back to the KHL.  

24 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If he's not good enough to play in the NHL he goes back to the KHL.  

A lot of Russians tend to say that. Let's see what happens when we get him here, he meets the team, coaches and management. He might be more willing to go to the AHL for a bit. But let's hope he can stick with the Canucks right out of the gate; I'm guessing that he will. 

Man this guy really gets the excitement up for the team.  The Canucks have always needed this type of player.

Lets hope it all works out.....that would be awesome.  Just thinking of having Nikita and Pedan on the blueline gets the hope up for the future of this team.

5 minutes ago, Zaine said:

Man this guy really gets the excitement up for the team.  The Canucks have always needed this type of player.

Lets hope it all works out.....that would be awesome.  Just thinking of having Nikita and Pedan on the blueline gets the hope up for the future of this team.

I wonder if Benning has his eyes on Sergachev too?  Plus, does Pedan get called up to help Tryamkin with the language transition?  

• Upvote 1