The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

11 hours ago, UKNuck96 said:

Would love to see him back especially with the current situation. But it’s just not going to happen. 

Think we probably need to move on from Tryamkin. 

He’s not coming back. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2021 at 9:21 AM, Patel Bure said:

I know it’s unlikely at this point, but I’m wondering if Tryamkin could be our Travis Hamonic replacement in a few years.  Very unlikely but oh well.  I really liked Tryamkin and felt like we had something there with him.

Tryamkins shut down D style “ go ahead, take the puck” …

image.gif.1bdb89d06610ff5a0522de3aabed863d.gif

• Cheers 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Sam, does Van still have his rights? He signed a new KHL deal for 3 years, no? I doubt he has any trade value but might be a throw in on a multi player deal that JR is working on.

We have his rights for a bit longer, I think until end of this season. When he signed his new deal in the KHL it went beyond our "rights" so he would be free to sign with any team he wants after his KHL deal is done.

If they do come up with a new agreement between the NHL and KHL this could be huge as it looks like Tryamkin could possibly have his contract bought out or cancelled so he could come back to the NHL earlier.

However I have my doubts on him, twice now he has faked wanting to come to Vancouver and ended up signing back with his KHL club...i'm not sure who is to blame. Is it the player or was it management?

MAYBE he views this team going in the right direction with all the firings that just happened, but that's a big maybe. 

That being said would welcome Tree back with open arms if he does change his mind!

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Sam, does Van still have his rights? He signed a new KHL deal for 3 years, no? I doubt he has any trade value but might be a throw in on a multi player deal that JR is working on.

I beleive his rights are held until the end of this season then he becomes UFA.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I had no idea we still had his rights. 

I'd be interested in him still, but he's shown time and time again he's not interested in playing here.

I don’t think his agent Todd Diamond is a positive force in his career..
it would be nice to see Nik move to Larionov , who I beleive is Podz agent.

Edited by SilentSam

14 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Maybe he just doesn't want to be here. I had an ex-girlfriend who visited Vancouver and hated it. Hence why she is an ex-girlfriend.

Let Tryamkin do, what he wants what's best for him and his family. Would I like him here? Sure. But I've already moved on.

& MAYBE that ex-gf met the BFG?!

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I'd be interested in him still, but he's shown time and time again he's not interested in playing here.

I'm not sure this is accurate. He does seem a bit entitled with thinking he holds the cards to dictate the pay, ice time and location he would play, but he always seemed to express interest. The problem is that he wants it all on his own terms, and that's just not the way coming to the NHL works. You get what you get, and work your way into a high paying, high ice time role.