The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

2 hours ago, kloubek said:

I'm not sure this is accurate. He does seem a bit entitled with thinking he holds the cards to dictate the pay, ice time and location he would play, but he always seemed to express interest. The problem is that he wants it all on his own terms, and that's just not the way coming to the NHL works. You get what you get, and work your way into a high paying, high ice time role.

I suppose this is what I mean. Thanks for clarifying. I'm not sure Nikita would be satisfied with bottom pairing minutes that he would likely get, or at least start with, if he played here.

• Upvote 1

As a past "Huge" Tryamkin fan, I am pretty much done with him. He is a rare commodity, but he ain't interested in playing for us. His rights are over June 30th, 2022, so we do not  have him long.

My idea is to move his rights to a heavy ladened team that has a lot of Russians on it, and maybe he is drawn to that, Tampa, Washington, maybe STL.

He would be a good pick for them, "IF" he was interested, but I do not in anyway see him coming to the Canucks. I could just imagine his first game back, when  he hit the ice.

The entire flock of boo birds would be giving it to him, and it would just not be pretty...................

And to be honest, to have my engine revved, and then for him to walk away, would just pi$$ me off more............

I am done with him coming to the Canucks!

F'N Benning should have had this figured out, before his contract even came due...............

F%%#* me!

• Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

I suppose this is what I mean. Thanks for clarifying. I'm not sure Nikita would be satisfied with bottom pairing minutes that he would likely get, or at least start with, if he played here.

I think we have to think of him as a UFA with limited time in the NHL.

As far as placement on D.

Depending on the potential of another move for a big power forward ,  perhaps a 2nd pairing D man leaves.  (Hamonic or)

Edited by SilentSam

@N4ZZY  I’m enclosing the KHL/ players agreement link here,  and I’ve screenshot the clause I think could come into play regarding Tryamkin.

I beleive Tryamkin is presently making

$1.2 m usd per season with the 2022-2023 season remaining.  @Stierlitz might know the exact amount of Tryamkins contract??

image.thumb.png.99363228498eafb0aa594516e924791e.png

https://www.khl.ru/documents/KHL_legal_regulations_2019_eng.pdf
https://www.khl.ru/documents/KHL_legal_regulations_2019_eng.pdf

Edited by SilentSam

11 hours ago, SilentSam said:

@N4ZZY  I’m enclosing the KHL/ players agreement link here,  and I’ve screenshot the clause I think could come into play regarding Tryamkin.

I beleive Tryamkin is presently making

$1.2 m usd per season with the 2022-2023 season remaining.  @Stierlitz might know the exact amount of Tryamkins contract??

Sorry Sam, I could not find the exact amount of the recent Tryamkin's contract with Avto but this should be close to the number provided by you - 1.2M USD. His contract after leaving Canucks was 1M per season (48M russian rubles + 11M rubles in bonuses) so the recent one should be a little bit more.

His 1-year contract signed in July 2020 was extremely small: 25M + 5M in bonuses (about 450K USD) because Tryamkin and his agent waited too long to sign contract with Canucks and Avto did not have much money left by the time Benning told Nikita that Canucks could not sign him - I remember how Triamkin's agent complained that they lost a lot of money by waiting for Benning with no result.

• Thanks 2

On 12/19/2021 at 12:20 PM, SilentSam said:

I don’t think his agent Todd Diamond is a positive force in his career..
it would be nice to see Nik move to Larionov , who I beleive is Podz agent.

Larionov is not an agent for last couple years.

Edited by Stierlitz
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

Larionov is not an agent for last couple years.

this link might interest you,  it’s all in Russian, and for some reason my phone won’t translate it.

but it seems pretty legit.

Happy Holidays my friend, best wishes to you and yours :)

https://www.sport-express.ru/hockey/khl/reviews/reyting-zarplat-hokkeistov-khl-sezona-2020-21-top-85-samyh-dorogih-igrokov-ligi-1734078/

On 12/21/2021 at 11:03 PM, SilentSam said:

this link might interest you,  it’s all in Russian, and for some reason my phone won’t translate it.

but it seems pretty legit.

Happy Holidays my friend, best wishes to you and yours :)

https://www.sport-express.ru/hockey/khl/reviews/reyting-zarplat-hokkeistov-khl-sezona-2020-21-top-85-samyh-dorogih-igrokov-ligi-1734078/

Yes Sam, I have seen this link in the past. Thanks. Unfortunately, the Tryamkin's saga does not end well for us.

Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones too! :towel:

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Stierlitz said:

Yes Sam, I have seen this link in the past. Thanks. Unfortunately, the Tryamkin's saga does not end well for us.

Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones too! :towel:

Hi Stierlitz

Am I reading this right?

Tryamkin make $681,000 US a year?

• Huggy Bear 1

2 hours ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Hi Stierlitz

Am I reading this right?

Tryamkin make $681,000 US a year?

I don't think he cares. 

I think Tryamkin would be an ideal 5/6 D for us. I have a good amount of respect for Tram. I think he is happy where he is. I see that I feel that I get that. 

The guy makes more money than he can spend. He's happy his wife is happy they are raising happy kids. He literally get's by just fine on being who he is naturally. Wants for nothing and needs nothing. If he retired right now he would be set for life. 

In the NHL he would be required to work.....hard, ride the bike, get fit,  he would be required to fight possibly get brain damage, he would be required to find another gear in the playoffs. 

Why?? Why should he give a flying F? He has more than he could ever need where he is and he doesn't have to do any of that. He doesn't need to learn to fish he has a life time supply. If you gave me $5m right now I would retire I would have zero desire to work my ass off if I was promised another $20m I would be pretty alright living my best life with the $5m and never work again .   

Edited by hammertime
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, hammertime said:

I don't think he cares. 

I think Tryamkin would be an ideal 5/6 D for us. I have a good amount of respect for Tram. I think he is happy where he is. I see that I feel that I get that. 

The guy makes more money than he can spend. He's happy his wife is happy they are raising happy kids. He literally get's by just fine on being who he is naturally. Wants for nothing and needs nothing. If he retired right now he would be set for life. 

In the NHL he would be required to work.....hard, ride the bike, get fit,  he would be required to fight possibly get brain damage, he would be required to find another gear in the playoffs. 

Why?? Why should he give a flying F? He has more than he could ever need where he is and he doesn't have to do any of that. He doesn't need to learn to fish he has a life time supply. If you gave me $5m right now I would retire I would have zero desire to work my ass off if I was promised another $20m I would be pretty alright living my best life with the $5m and never work again .   

I get that he’s comfortable and good for him. If he never wants to push himself to be the absolute best by playing against the absolute best players in the world, then that’s fine. That’s his decision at the end of the day. But if I were a player, I’d want to push myself and be the absolute best that I can be, while getting paid doing it. Money does talk, and it does to some degree, matter. I think the culture, travel, the expectations, the language, all of that has contributed to the fact that it’s easier to play and live life in the KHL. He’s home. He’s familiar with his surroundings. 

And that’s fine. 

With that being said. I think Benning dropped the ball in his handling of Tryamkin. I’m glad Jim’s gone. We needed someone better, and Rutherford has been that. I don’t see Tryamkin being a top pairing defenseman, so he’s not going to get paid like that, and he’s not going to be deployed that way either. If he can get top line minutes back in the K, then I think he should probably stay, enjoy the game, be comfortable, and have a great life. 

33 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I get that he’s comfortable and good for him. If he never wants to push himself to be the absolute best by playing against the absolute best players in the world, then that’s fine. That’s his decision at the end of the day. But if I were a player, I’d want to push myself and be the absolute best that I can be, while getting paid doing it. Money does talk, and it does to some degree, matter. I think the culture, travel, the expectations, the language, all of that has contributed to the fact that it’s easier to play and live life in the KHL. He’s home. He’s familiar with his surroundings. 

And that’s fine. 

With that being said. I think Benning dropped the ball in his handling of Tryamkin. I’m glad Jim’s gone. We needed someone better, and Rutherford has been that. I don’t see Tryamkin being a top pairing defenseman, so he’s not going to get paid like that, and he’s not going to be deployed that way either. If he can get top line minutes back in the K, then I think he should probably stay, enjoy the game, be comfortable, and have a great life. 

You kinda bit your tail off at the end there. 

I think he's fine with who he is.  Why lower his quality of life in the quest to be the very best at playing a meaningless game when he can live more happily and enjoy the things that matter in life. Smell the roses.

I don't think it has anything to do with Jet Black. Way I see it is he came and he saw what was going to be expected of him to be a top pairing guy in the NHL and he simply decided that wasn't the life for him. 

Q: Why do Canucks fan's want him back?

A: Well uh he real big. He hurt people real bad. He protect Petey squash. We name him Groot.

Seriously how de humanizing is that. Why should he want to play here? 

It's like we as fans are programmed to expect that every hockey players lot in life is to play in the NHL and when it isn't it just does not compute. Some resort to name calling and just over all butt hurt behavior. I wish I could say that I was better than that but certainly for a long time I was angry at WD angry at Jim angry at Tryamkin. But I have realized it's no use and it's past time to move on. He's welcome to call I hope JR will answer the phone but also make it very clear that if he wants to play in the NHL the expectations for his level of commitment are still the same for him as they are for all of our players. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

And that’s fine. 

Well his decision was to play in the NHL. And I think you are right about Benning conducting contract negotiations with Tryamkin in somewhat disrespectful way.

Nikita came to Vancouver in 2020 ready to play for Canucks. Benning asked him to wait for contract negotiations because Jim needed to figure out salary cap issue. Nikita waited until mid July when he was told that the club did not have money to sign him. But Benning promised to allocate money for Tryamkin for next year. Nikita agreed and signed 1-year contract with Avto for about 440K USD - small salary because Avto already signed several expensive players, not expecting Tryamkin to come back.

Next year 2021 Nikita came to Vancouver and Benning did not have enough money for him again. This was reported that Tryamkin's agent asked for 1.8M and Jim offered 1.4M. This was reported that Benning told Nikita that if Tryamkin wanted more money, he should wait until Benning signs all other contracts (including Pettersson and Hughes) and possibly Jim would have more money for Nikita. Considering what had happened in 2020, Tryamkin did not want to wait for 2 months again with unclear result and signed 2-year contract with Avto. After the current contract expires, Tryamkin as UFA may sign NHL contract with any club - don't think this would be Canucks.

Edit: I was wrong with 2-month waiting period. Benning signed Pettersson and Hughes in October with  no money left so Tryamkin would actually wait for 4 months LOL

Edited by Stierlitz
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

13 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

Well his decision was to play in the NHL. And I think you are right about Benning conducting contract negotiations with Tryamkin in somewhat disrespectful way.

Nikita came to Vancouver in 2020 ready to play for Canucks. Benning asked him to wait for contract negotiations because Jim needed to figure out salary cap issue. Nikita waited until mid July when he was told that the club did not have money to sign him. But Benning promised to allocate money for Tryamkin for next year. Nikita agreed and signed 1-year contract with Avto for about 440K USD - small salary because Avto already signed several expensive players, not expecting Tryamkin to come back.

Next year 2021 Nikita came to Vancouver and Benning did not have enough money for him again. This was reported that Tryamkin's agent asked for 1.8M and Jim offered 1.4M. This was reported that Benning told Nikita that if Tryamkin wanted more money, he should wait until Benning signs all other contracts (including Pettersson and Hughes) and possibly Jim would have more money for Nikita. Considering what had happened in 2020, Tryamkin did not want to wait for 2 months again with unclear result and signed 2-year contract with Avto. After the current contract expires, Tryamkin as UFA may sign NHL contract with any club - don't think this would be Canucks.

somehow I missed that - you're saying we lost out on Nik over 400k?

2 minutes ago, JM_ said:

somehow I missed that - you're saying we lost out on Nik over 400k?

Right. And I edited my initial post - Pettersson and Hughes were signed in October so Nikita was asked by Benning to actually waste 4 months from May to October, with no money left in salary cap for Canucks.

• Thanks 1