Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D


Drouin

Recommended Posts

On 1/1/2022 at 11:02 AM, Coconuts said:

His latest instagram post is him standing behind a woman holding her belly, one can imagine there's probably a kid on the way. If he wanted to stay in Russia for family I don't see that changing if he's going to be a father to another.  

Yeah I saw that too. 

But another kid on the way might be a little incentive to go get a bigger payday. I think KHL money is limited. 

We'll see. 

  • Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Yeah I saw that too. 

But another kid on the way might be a little incentive to go get a bigger payday. I think KHL money is limited. 

We'll see. 

Maybe, but I see it as more of another nail in the coffin 

 

Even if he makes less money there there's no way they aren't comfortable 

 

Time will tell

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Maybe, but I see it as more of another nail in the coffin 

 

Even if he makes less money there there's no way they aren't comfortable 

 

Time will tell

Frugal wife happy life perhaps. 

  • Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

@SilentSam if he ended his contract for next season he could be available right away perhaps. Like how their goalie Kovar did last month. Provided Diamond has him ready to go. Could free up a part of our shopping list. 

Plus they are expecting their 2nd child soon. Baby needs new shoes. 

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Could be interesting, I'll give it that. We could do worth for a bottom pairing LD, nobody's really grabbed that spot and run with it this season. Maybe Benning being gone helps things run smoothly. 

 

Hard to say whether current management is even interested though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/9/2022 at 2:38 AM, Hairy Kneel said:

@SilentSam if he ended his contract for next season he could be available right away perhaps. Like how their goalie Kovar did last month. Provided Diamond has him ready to go. Could free up a part of our shopping list. 

Plus they are expecting their 2nd child soon. Baby needs new shoes. 

Or he could just wait until his Canucks rights expires, and try his luck with all 32 teams? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

I would certainly be curious to hear JR and co's take on him.  I have always been in support of having him here, so I won't give up hope until he signs with another NHL team.  Full leadership change, so maybe that helps as well.

His team is missing the playoffs. 

They have been on a downward slide for a while now. Rebuild time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

I would certainly be curious to hear JR and co's take on him.  I have always been in support of having him here, so I won't give up hope until he signs with another NHL team.  Full leadership change, so maybe that helps as well.

I guess we will see whether the problem was Benning or whether Tryamkin was playing the Canucks for a better deal back home. I think he want s to stay in Russia. 

  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

His team is missing the playoffs. 

They have been on a downward slide for a while now. Rebuild time. 

Depends on the window of the rebuild/retool.  Tryamkin could be a strong piece for 5 years.  Super unlikely he comes back but feels like he could be a helpful piece within the window still.  Again, likely no chance it happens still.

  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Depends on the window of the rebuild/retool.  Tryamkin could be a strong piece for 5 years.  Super unlikely he comes back but feels like he could be a helpful piece within the window still.  Again, likely no chance it happens still.

They won't be strong for the next 5 years. He'd be on his own out there. He's not hired to score and that's what they are missing. Plus another child on the way. A growing family on AHL style money? I'm sure he could do better here. Give him Hutton style money. 

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...