The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

I remember when Tryamkin was so interested in playing for the Russian Olympic team, and now, even with the world's best not able to play, as the Russian NHLers continue their NHL seasons, he's not even invited to the big show. If only he stayed with the Canucks, the team and the player could have helped each other out in big ways.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of foreign players bolting the KHL. At least two teams have left the KHL over the war in the Ukraine. 

People are only allowed to leave Russia with 10,000 US. 

I think now is the time to get Try out of there with his wife and 2 yr old and newborn baby. 

Screenshot_20220304_012552.jpg

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Not really interested in Try anymore. If he comes over and tries out next fall then so be it. If he is a Putin supporter then I don’t want him.

We'll now is the time to get out. Putin's is a psycho. 

• Cheers 2

Who knows, maybe he'll leave? With the way the Russian economy is tanking right now I've no idea how KHL players are being adequately paid, if they're being paid at all? As I recall the KHL wasn't exactly a lucrative league as far as profits go to begin with. 

Foreign players have been leaving, will Russian players bolt? Aren't KHL players paid in rubles, and if so, wouldn't they be taking a pay cut at this point given how the ruble is crashing? I've read mixed things on how players are paid. 

https://www.eliteprospects.com/transfers/confirmed?league=khl

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

I think the main problem right now would be figuring out how to get out of Russia, which could actually be a real disincentive to leave.  There don't seem to be many options for flying in or out of the country at this point.  I think he'd have to take a bus!

He'd have to fly to a country that hasn't banned Russian planes from their airspace, there are options that don't involve Europe. 

Here's a wild shot in the dark, something like Russia to Dubai before flying to Canada or the US. Would it be tricky? Possibly, him and his family wouldn't be packing much with them, they'd have to ship things later, but it's probably doable. 

If he decided he wanted out I'm sure his agent could facilitate it. Russia's likely to be unstable for a while. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Coconuts said:

He'd have to fly to a country that hasn't banned Russian planes from their airspace, there are options that don't involve Europe. 

Here's a wild shot in the dark, something like Russia to Dubai before flying to Canada or the US. Would it be tricky? Possibly, him and his family wouldn't be packing much with them, they'd have to ship things later, but it's probably doable. 

If he decided he wanted out I'm sure his agent could facilitate it. Russia's likely to be unstable for a while. 

He had his second child this week,  I don’t know if he’s ready to leave as promptly as we all think is possible..

there is a lot “playing” out in the world right now unfortunately.

10 hours ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

I think the main problem right now would be figuring out how to get out of Russia, which could actually be a real disincentive to leave.  There don't seem to be many options for flying in or out of the country at this point.  I think he'd have to take a bus!

If Mogilny could do it I am sure Tryamkin can find a way...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

He had his second child this week,  I don’t know if he’s ready to leave as promptly as we all think is possible..

Yeah he won't be taking any planes with his newborn.  And he won't leave the family behind either...

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Yeah he won't be taking any planes with his newborn.  And he won't leave the family behind either...

I honestly think they should revisit Tryamkin. JB was insulted when his offer was turned down and held it against him IMHO. A lot of players leave their family at home during the season, come to that so do a lot of professions. It's still his chance to hit pay dirt for the betterment of his family

Edited by Fred65
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Ahh yeah, that would do it, good luck resetting nowadays with a newborn

Maybe once things cool, if they ever do

8 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

They're letting people leave but with a cap of 10,000 US dollars. 

KHL Players have watched their ruble accounts cut in half in value. 

The Triamkin's regularly vacation in dubaii. 

Did you run into him in Dubai :lol:

• Haha 1

On 3/4/2022 at 1:30 AM, Hairy Kneel said:

A lot of foreign players bolting the KHL. At least two teams have left the KHL over the war in the Ukraine. 

People are only allowed to leave Russia with 10,000 US. 

I think now is the time to get Try out of there with his wife and 2 yr old and newborn baby. 

Screenshot_20220304_012552.jpg

"You now have a number of foreigners running away"

That seem a trifle harsh.

Not their country

Not their war

they aren't soldiers.

Just folks that don't want the risk of being bombed or shot by any combatants.

Edited by gurn
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

41 minutes ago, gurn said:

"You now have a number of foreigners running away"

That seem a trifle harsh.

Not their country

Not their war

they aren't soldiers.

Just folks that don't want the risk of being bombed or shot by any combatants.

Ruble isn’t worth much anymore..

• Cheers 1