The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

26 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Yes….  and he “liked” it.

Cool. I hope the Canucks have a social media person to follow up on any leads. The ruble is going into the toilet so the trips abroad for the Tryamkin's will be a lot more costly. 

Maybe even chat through Podz insta or whatever. Get him out of there. 

• Cheers 1

With all of Rutherford's and Allvin's talk about the importance of going after unsigned Europeans and leaving no stones unturned in finding ways to improve the team, is anyone else surprised that there has been absolutely no indication of them taking another look at Tryamkin?  I definitely am.  Especially since the chances of him wanting to come back would seem better with him the new management and coaching staffs, as well as seeing that we're more than willing to give Russian players (i.e., Podkolzin) a fair chance to play.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2022 at 3:47 PM, Kootenay Gold said:

There is a very real chance that he has received a conscription notice to join the armed forces like so many other young Russian males have.

nah, there's no chance the Russian army has a helmet to fit that noggin 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, JM_ said:

nah, there's no chance the Russian army has a helmet to fit that noggin 

I worked on a ship that had to carry an extra crew member; as 1 of the regular guys was so big a recue boat helmet wasn't large enough for him.

Company ended up getting him a bike helmet, and spent awhile searching for a fire fighters helmet for the guy.

Scary part was for years nobody had noticed.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, gurn said:

I worked on a ship that had to carry an extra crew member; as 1 of the regular guys was so big a recue boat helmet wasn't large enough for him.

Company ended up getting him a bike helmet, and spent awhile searching for a fire fighters helmet for the guy.

Scary part was for years nobody had noticed.

damn, he must have had a hard time getting around the ship just for normal duties 

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

damn, he must have had a hard time getting around the ship just for normal duties 

The guy is so big, he drains a so called 15 minute air pack in under 4 minutes.

Seriously.

We made sure he never entered the burning area, but had him on the end of the life line.

He could haul you, the person you were hanging onto, and a fridge, out, with one arm.

Fortunately for the world he is a very good man, with a laid back disposition.

He would work weekends as a "bouncer" at the local bar. Every so often the bar tender would ask him to settle a table down.

He would get up, walk over to the offender's  table and say "You made me get up once, don't make me do it again" and amble back to his own chair.

I once saw someone that did not take the warning as they should have. It was quick, yet spectacular at the same time.

Some people just have to be shown, before they understand. :picard:

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

36 minutes ago, gurn said:

The guy is so big, he drains a so called 15 minute air pack in under 4 minutes.

Seriously.

We made sure he never entered the burning area, but had him on the end of the life line.

He could haul you, the person you were hanging onto, and a fridge, out, with one arm.

Fortunately for the world he is a very good man, with a laid back disposition.

He would work weekends as a "bouncer" at the local bar. Every so often the bar tender would ask him to settle a table down.

He would get up, walk over to the offender's  table and say "You made me get up once, don't make me do it again" and amble back to his own chair.

I once saw someone that did not take the warning as they should have. It was quick, yet spectacular at the same time.

Some people just have to be shown, before they understand. :picard:

“Quick,  .. yet spectacular “. .   love that ;) 

so he really did offset his carbon foot print! 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Big guy spotted last weekend at a Yekaterinburg sports bar, wearing his Canucks 88 sweater

Bar room gossip is that he'd not be averse to a return to the NHL, but would need a longer contract to make it worth while to bring his extended family out of Russia. (My godson's father is one of the sports bar's managers)

(I wonder if Allvin is talking to Todd Diamond?)

huh, interesting if true. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Big guy spotted last weekend at a Yekaterinburg sports bar, wearing his Canucks 88 sweater

Bar room gossip is that he'd not be averse to a return to the NHL, but would need a longer contract to make it worth while to bring his extended family out of Russia. (My godson's father is one of the sports bar's managers)

(I wonder if Allvin is talking to Todd Diamond?)

First - where is the picture?

Second - bar room gossip? What does that mean?  I guess it means that somebody other than Tryamkin said it.

Until proven otherwise I maintain that Tryamkin speculation has the same value as the Ogopogo.  They are both big and thus have an enduring legend.

But stories about both are not likely true...lol.

• Haha 3

Not sure he is more than a depth d-man in the NHL. Would give him a multi year deal if could mostly be buried in the minors. 
Nice thing for borderline NHLers is Their family stays put whether in AHL or NHL.

He is big and can skate. May be a decent depth d. If wants to get family out of Russia. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Not sure he is more than a depth d-man in the NHL. Would give him a multi year deal if could mostly be buried in the minors. 
Nice thing for borderline NHLers is Their family stays put whether in AHL or NHL.

He is big and can skate. May be a decent depth d. If wants to get family out of Russia. 

i would have taken him at 2-2.5mil over poolman at 2.5mil coulda easily gave him a contract but JB is slow as usual

• Cheers 3

46 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

First - where is the picture?

Second - bar room gossip? What does that mean?  I guess it means that somebody other than Tryamkin said it.

Until proven otherwise I maintain that Tryamkin speculation has the same value as the Ogopogo.  They are both big and thus have an enduring legend.

But stories about both are not likely true...lol.

The KHL may likely not happen next season.

they have only been averaging an average 6000 spectators per game in good seasons with healthy economies.

There will be a lot of imports possibly looking for work, and an exit to get out of that country.

3-4 teams dropped out of the KHL Before the playoffs started for the Gargarin Cup this year, I think 2 were supposed to be in those playoffs.

The rumour was they would be looking to join a Euro League next season.

Ill take the rumour on Nik,   he stayed in Russia because he loves his family , ..  given a war I’m sure he is aware of, and does not agree with,.  He would leave Russia for the same reasons..  he loves his family.

Had his 2nd girl this year.

Bruce, there it is!

Bruce needs to have his own sports show in the off season just so we can call in and get yelled by him ;) 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

1 more year in the NHL,   and Nik is a top pairing D man.

essentially we have that type in Schenn ,  but Schenn can not hold that Fort alone.

I thought we might try to grab Zadorov when he was available,.   As he is next season.