The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

1 hour ago, Googlie said:

Big guy spotted last weekend at a Yekaterinburg sports bar, wearing his Canucks 88 sweater

Bar room gossip is that he'd not be averse to a return to the NHL, but would need a longer contract to make it worth while to bring his extended family out of Russia. (My godson's father is one of the sports bar's managers)

(I wonder if Allvin is talking to Todd Diamond?)

Ps..  hope he changes his Agent ..  Diamond seems like a bit of a gaslighter.

Milstein represents.  Klimovich, Kuzmenko, and a good list of others from that part of the world:

FC5C87DA-4FDC-461E-940D-F9A9CD91C95D.thumb.png.6cd50ef17ebed3d7977c39329c0c9dc9.png

9 hours ago, SilentSam said:

1 more year in the NHL,   and Nik is a top pairing D man.

essentially we have that type in Schenn ,  but Schenn can not hold that Fort alone.

I thought we might try to grab Zadorov when he was available,.   As he is next season.

What evidence shows you that?  He was out of shape and barely third pair when here. He hasn’t exactly torn up the KHL since then either. 
It is a big assumption that he can even be a regular NHL depth defence man if we take off the homer glasses, it has never been an expectation that he has near the talent as a first pair guy. 

9 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

i would have taken him at 2-2.5mil over poolman at 2.5mil coulda easily gave him a contract but JB is slow as usual

On a deal with term wouldn’t give him more than 1.5. Needs to show that he can be an NHL defence man.  Poolman earned his contract by playing as a NHL regular, his agent earned it by finding a bad GM to overvalue him. Tryamkin can’t do either of those things. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, SilentSam said:

1 more year in the NHL,   and Nik is a top pairing D man.

essentially we have that type in Schenn ,  but Schenn can not hold that Fort alone.

I thought we might try to grab Zadorov when he was available,.   As he is next season.

Try is a RD, no? Just say'n. A top pairing d-man? I don't think he makes the Russian international teams? I don't watch KHL games so I have no idea where his game is anymore. At 28 years old I don't see him being high on the list even as a 3rd pairing. I suspect Allvin will want that TOI going to younger players as they build towards 2025.  

6 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

What evidence shows you that?  He was out of shape and barely third pair when here. He hasn’t exactly torn up the KHL since then either. 
It is a big assumption that he can even be a regular NHL depth defence man if we take off the homer glasses, it has never been an expectation that he has near the talent as a first pair guy. 

On a deal with term wouldn’t give him more than 1.5. Needs to show that he can be an NHL defence man.  Poolman earned his contract by playing as a NHL regular, his agent earned it by finding a bad GM to overvalue him. Tryamkin can’t do either of those things. 

Lol earned his contract by playing as a regular? U joking right? 27 59 37 games that's a regular?? Heck tryamkin have 79 games played in 1.25 season in the nhl. Poolman have 40 more NHL game experience in 2 more seasons lol so gimme a break if u think poolman earned his contract with 120 games in 3 seasons. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Lol earned his contract by playing as a regular? U joking right? 27 59 37 games that's a regular?? Heck tryamkin have 79 games played in 1.25 season in the nhl. Poolman have 40 more NHL game experience in 2 more seasons lol so gimme a break if u think poolman earned his contract with 120 games in 3 seasons. 

More so than an out of weight guy who came in, barely played on an NHL level and crapped all over the city and team on the way out of town. 
I don’t think Poolman really earned what he got for a contract, that was on a bad GM, but he showed he is an NHL player over 3 years and was an NHL level player for us before his injury/illness.  Not a good NHL player but one deserving of being in the league and has shown commitment too it. 
The romantic notion that Tree is some first line NHLer because he is big and can skate is foolish homerism. He may be an NHL level defence man, may even be a second pairing D in a couple of years but that is far from guaranteed and it would be even more foolish than signing Poolman to give him a similar contract. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

I DO NOT agree with you on the first season he played with us as a 21 year old.

He was offered (apparently) a 2m x 2 before he left.

His game is good,   I’ve kept an eye on him ,

He is a big , fast , well coordinated shut down D man.  He shuts down most attempts to cycle around the boards quickly and effectively.   A pairing D man I see as someone with off set / complimentary skills to your top 2 puck moving D men.

He is no slouch.

Its hockey ,  we’ll see what happens.

The guy he shuts down in this vid is 6’4 220

i beleive.

Edited by SilentSam

55 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

More so than an out of weight guy who came in, barely played on an NHL level and crapped all over the city and team on the way out of town. 
I don’t think Poolman really earned what he got for a contract, that was on a bad GM, but he showed he is an NHL player over 3 years and was an NHL level player for us before his injury/illness.  Not a good NHL player but one deserving of being in the league and has shown commitment too it. 
The romantic notion that Tree is some first line NHLer because he is big and can skate is foolish homerism. He may be an NHL level defence man, may even be a second pairing D in a couple of years but that is far from guaranteed and it would be even more foolish than signing Poolman to give him a similar contract. 

lol you are judging a guy based on 5 years ago? so players don't mature? sure Poolman is a nhl level player.. if he's making 800k. no one is saying try is or will be a top pairing or 2nd pairing or whatever the hell u want to say he is. at the same price point as poolman he is no worse than poolman and have more upside than poolman.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

I DO NOT agree with you on the first season he played with us as a 21 year old.

He was offered (apparently) a 2m x 2 before he left.

His game is good,   I’ve kept an eye on him ,

He is a big , fast , well coordinated shut down D man.  He shuts down most attempts to cycle around the boards quickly and effectively.   A pairing D man I see as someone with off set / complimentary skills to your top 2 puck moving D men.

He is no slouch.

Its hockey ,  we’ll see what happens.

The guy he shuts down in this vid is 6’4 220

i beleive.

16 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol you are judging a guy based on 5 years ago? so players don't mature? sure Poolman is a nhl level player.. if he's making 800k. no one is saying try is or will be a top pairing or 2nd pairing or whatever the hell u want to say he is. at the same price point as poolman he is no worse than poolman and have more upside than poolman.

I sure hope you guys are right. 5 years is a long time, in a lower league which puts him way behind where he would have been if he stayed. Am I judging him on his NHL experience, you bet seems appropriate for judging NHL players. 

Yes Poolman is an NHL player, you can tell by the fact he is in the NHL.  Good one, not particularly, deserving of his contract Hell no but signing Tryamkin to a similar deal not knowing if he can even play in the League anymore is Benning level foolishness. 
My point was that he should come in at a low level like 800k (actually I said 1-1.5M) because he is not a known NHL player at this stage. How many failed “elite” European prospects fall on their face in the NHL, he isn’t even considered elite in the KHL. If the original post had said bring him in for league minimum on short term deal I wouldn’t have responded as that was my point to begin with. 
he is far from guaranteed NHL player much less the budding first pairing d statement that someone made from above which was what I was responding too. 

Edited by DrJockitch
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

I sure hope you guys are right. 5 years is a long time, in a lower league which puts him way behind where he would have been if he stayed. Am I judging him on his NHL experience, you bet seems appropriate for judging NHL players. 

Yes Poolman is an NHL player, you can tell by the fact he is in the NHL.  Good one, not particularly, deserving of his contract Hell no but signing Tryamkin to a similar deal not knowing if he can even play in the League anymore is Benning level foolishness. 
My point was that he should come in at a low level like 800k (actually I said 1-1.5M) because he is not a known NHL player at this stage. How many failed “elite” European prospects fall on their face in the NHL, he isn’t even considered elite in the KHL. If the original post had said bring him in for league minimum on short term deal I wouldn’t have responded as that was my point to begin with. 
he is far from guaranteed NHL player much less the budding first pairing d statement that someone made from above which was what I was responding too. 

I’m the someone who stated he could be a first pairing D man after another full season of NHL  hockey.… and I stand by that assessment.

If he is given the opportunity to play to his potential,  I’m pretty certain he could match with any body on our D core, quite well.

He is a Defensive defender..  but can keep up .

averaging about 23 mins per game, and a good pk D man on a particular poor team last season..  he could bring an element we are short of on our D core.

People have to start valuing Defensive D men on these boards as much as they like point getting D men.

He is a UFA after June..  but presently the Canucks have rights to him .

14 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I’m the someone who stated he could be a first pairing D man after another full season of NHL  hockey.… and I stand by that assessment.

If he is given the opportunity to play to his potential,  I’m pretty certain he could match with any body on our D core, quite well.

He is a Defensive defender..  but can keep up .

averaging about 23 mins per game, and a good pk D man on a particular poor team last season..  he could bring an element we are short of on our D core.

People have to start valuing Defensive D men on these boards as much as they like point getting D men.

He is a UFA after June..  but presently the Canucks have rights to him .

And I hope some or all of that is right but would not be willing to pay him for the things you think he may become.  
We need a lot more of what he may be able to bring and would love to have him back but on a contract that can be buried if he shows up fat with a bad attitude again. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

And I hope some or all of that is right but would not be willing to pay him for the things you think he may become.  
We need a lot more of what he may be able to bring and would love to have him back but on a contract that can be buried if he shows up fat with a bad attitude again. 

I’m sure JR / Alvin are better than all of us for contracts.

He never had a bad attitude,   His contract here was one way, or returned to his home team in KHL..  THAT was negotiated.

It was Desjardins who started that whole debocle  with comments to the press that were contrary to NT ‘s contract.

regardless,.  I’m enjoying the rumour of him wanting to be back.

under Bruce’s tutorial,  I’m Nik would prove himself a keeper for years here.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

I’m sure JR / Alvin are better than all of us for contracts.

He never had a bad attitude,   His contract here was one way, or returned to his home team in KHL..  THAT was negotiated.

It was Desjardins who started that whole debocle  with comments to the press that were contrary to NT ‘s contract.

regardless,.  I’m enjoying the rumour of him wanting to be back.

under Bruce’s tutorial,  I’m Nik would prove himself a keeper for years here.

I don’t think it was Willie’s fault that he came to camp nowhere near NHL shape and essentially needed a extended training camp to get in shape. 
Heck, watch the videos of Bo pushing him up the grind. 
He was young and freshly married so maybe it was an age and time of life thing but he was seriously lacking professionalism when here. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

I don’t think it was Willie’s fault that he came to camp nowhere near NHL shape and essentially needed a extended training camp to get in shape. 
Heck, watch the videos of Bo pushing him up the grind. 
He was young and freshly married so maybe it was an age and time of life thing but he was seriously lacking professionalism when here. 

Have you ever weighed 265 ?

or stood 6’8.      
      Yes, to be 21 or 22 all over again. 

frankly I don’t too much into how Desjardins put any expectations into Niks first full season.  Desjardins said “ I don’t speak to him”.     So I wonder what kind of exit / prep meetings he had after his first 11 game season with us?

The whole thing was blundered with this player on behalf of Management, and his Agent should take some blame too.

21 years old, dosent speak English,  new country.    We can talk of “professionalism”,

but It really was a unique case that deserved a bit of “human” attention.

Not one built on normal expectations, or exceptions.    I’m confident if Nik had been guided properly and thoroughly through his appearance here,  he would have risen a height greater than those expected.

pretty sure he just needed a little guidance.

Let’s not forget this was 5 years ago.

it’s over.        

But the possibility of an opportunity with a player,

where mistakes by all were made,  

now exists to be corrected, 

if all parties are interested.

• Thanks 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

just to add:

as of today,  Tryamkin does not appear on Avtomobilists’ roster for the 22-23 season per 

the “elite prospects” site.

it is known that there is always room for some fluidity to cancel or extend all contracts in between the KHL season.

With what is going on in RuZ / Ukraine ,  it’s fair to say hockey is doubtful to survive next season with the sanctions implemented on RuZ .    Most KHL clubs average an attendance of 6000 spectators per game.

Just enough to survive / operate in most cases.

Many are owned by Russian Oligarch’s.

perhaps NT is recognizing the instability, and this Rumour by @Googlie will validate itself, and we hear of communication between player and Team.

… but damn this player needs a better agent.

I think there's some sort of fantasy with Tryamkin just because he's the biggest player that's ever been on the Canucks and it can be fun to have a guy that big on the team. That said, I think Tryamkin would be a very far thing from a guaranteed NHL player at this point. Far as I know, he's an average KHL player and is probably already starting his prime at 27 years old right now. If I were to bet, I'd say he's probably a #7 at best unless he's one of those guys who randomly levels up at the NHL level.

I don't have an issue exploring him as a depth option, but I would much prefer it if he was willing to play in Abbotsford if he didn't make the big team.

I honestly find it beyond fascinating how long some people have been holding on to hope for Tryamkin and the only reason I can think for the fanaticism is his large size. I gave up on him as an NHLer about five years ago and it would be as silly as hoping that Hunter Shinkaruk returns to the Canucks and becomes a speedy sniper on our team.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1