The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

3 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Damn,   If Nik had only had a Coach like this when he arrived,.

one willing to give him the best opportunity in the short period of time he has in a contract in a foreign country..

He ain’t going to the AHL either .

Kuzmenko is a far greater player than Tryamkin ever was.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Kuzmenko is a far greater player than Tryamkin ever was.

The post is about the difference in Coaching styles, not the players.

opportunity does not have to be considered special treatment..

opportunity is sometimes required where time is not available.

Using Kuzmenko in every pre season game to see what they have.

That is a culture change in itself.

Always thought  you to be a little more open minded than the statement you made?

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 3

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

The post is about the difference in Coaching styles, not the players.

opportunity does not have to be considered special treatment..

opportunity is sometimes required where time is not available.

Using Kuzmenko in every pre season game to see what they have.

That is a culture change in itself.

Always thought  you to be a little more open minded than the statement you made?

Tryamkin played 79 games including a near full season in 2016-17 with 66 games. He was given a fair shot by Willie and then wasn't willing to go back to the AHL to develop when his level of play wasn't good enough for our top six anymore. Tryamkin wasn't short-changed, he wasn't good enough.

We can crap on WD all we want for coaching, but Tryamkin is the reason Tryamkin isn't in the NHL, not his coaches.

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Tryamkin played 79 games including a near full season in 2016-17 with 66 games. He was given a fair shot by Willie and then wasn't willing to go back to the AHL to develop when his level of play wasn't good enough for our top six anymore. Tryamkin wasn't short-changed, he wasn't good enough.

We can crap on WD all we want for coaching, but Tryamkin is the reason Tryamkin isn't in the NHL, not his coaches.

What? He insisted that his AHL-out clause be honored early in the season when he had not played and was bringing his fitness level up to NHL standards. But once he was playing regularly, he was very useful. "his level of play wasn't good enough for our top six anymore" was not the way it was. I believe he was offered a 2 M/year one way contract, which he declined to go back home to play for his hometown team.

• Cheers 3

3 hours ago, -AJ- said:

No, his coach was crap,  that’s why he was fired.

Crap.

Tryamkin was offered a 2x2m contract..  was not fired like WD.

Fired.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 1

WD disappeared from the NHL. Tryamkin will get a contract, could be a UFA bidding war end of his season on Feb 26. His team is not very good. Hope he wants to come back on a show me contract.But we shall soon see. He played well on RHD. Tough, physical, supported Larsen who wasn't great defensively. 

• Cheers 2

By end of February, Tryamkin will see the success of the Canucks and its Russian players. He'll know what a mess his country is in, banned from all sorts of international hockey. 

He will rejoin the Canucks, and solve our RHD issues.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Slegr said:

By end of February, Tryamkin will see the success of the Canucks and its Russian players. He'll know what a mess his country is in, banned from all sorts of international hockey. 

He will rejoin the Canucks, and solve our RHD issues.

Putin today, possibly mobilizing Russian troops for War against UKraine….

stay tuned. 

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

We’re getting quite short of quality defensemen. Surely Tryamkin must be considering the world climate and the safety of his family. Time for our GM to make a call to his agent, Tryamkin to buy out the last few months of his own contract, and sign this guy to an one year show-me deal.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Would he even be able to get out?  Last I heard, there was an order preventing men of his age from leaving the country.

Hadn’t heard that. I thought that was just Ukraine?

• Cheers 1

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Hasn't worn a Canuck uni since 16-17 and folks still talk about him returning to play for us, I can't remember the last time an ex-Canuck got this kind of attention. 

Kirill Koltsov was a d-man I wanted to come over, but never did.

Not an ex-canuck per se, but I do remember a few wanting him to come over :P 

• There it is 1