The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Just now, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

visas take some time, especially if your going to India for the first time but you would think with the money this team has they could pull some strings wink wink. 

A visa to india takes generally  2-4 weeks... but they're athletes so I am assuming it should be much quicker. 

16 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

visas take some time, especially if your going to India for the first time but you would think with the money this team has they could pull some strings wink wink. 

are you suggesting that the Canucks should circumvent the legal process?

8 minutes ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

are you suggesting that the Canucks should circumvent the legal process?

Unless Mr.Aquilini starts using the team as a method of smuggling illegal Russian immigrants I see no reason how a little nudge to oil up the legal process could hurt. 

Edited by NHL'er
29 minutes ago, leomessi said:

A visa to india takes generally  2-4 weeks... but they're athletes so I am assuming it should be much quicker. 

This is not just visitor visa but rather the work permit one. I checked the Government Canada web site and such application process for a Russian would take in average 1 month. Sure Canucks should be able to speed up the process but by how much?

Edited by Stierlitz
3 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

This is not just visitor visa but rather the work permit one. I checked the Government Canada web site and such application process for a Russian would take in average 1 month. Sure Canucks should be able to speed up the process but by how much?

probably speed up by a week. probably won't hear anything until maybe next week. either that. or end of March. beginning of April. 

Really the best scenario for the Canucks to be in at this time as far as taking a look at this guy. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this guy will be an impact for the Canucks next year. The fact that he can keep up in the KHL on the big sheet should be a huge check in his favor. This guy will be able to dominate the smaller ice and is the type of player that the Canucks have been missing since Jovo. I can't wait to see skaters diving out of the way to avoid being clobbered by the puck carrier. The sooner the better and I really hope that the injury was minor. Any talk of a visa is silly, people making the type of money that we're talking about, are always fast-tracked. 

3 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Yes Tree will hopefully be coming over for more than just a visit, so he will definitely need a working visa.  I've had some overseas clients that needed to get one and it usually takes a few weeks. So one month seems about right. Hopefully Francesco can make a few phone calls to his buddies and get the visa much quicker.

He has to get a US work Visa too.

I saw a tweet of Linden saying he should be here this week or next week, I'll try to find it.

Edit:

Linden says no road blocks with Tryamkin so far. NHL must OK KHL release first. Could sign + arrive as early as this week. #Canucks

From Dan Murphy too so it's %100 legit.

Edited by Gyllenhaal
  • Upvote 3
4 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

... Anybody try to tweet J Trudeau?  .. We could offer him the first selfie with Nikita on Canadian soil,. And then JT could tweet Putin:

@Putin .. We have your secret weapon. ;)

44 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

... Anybody try to tweet J Trudeau?  .. We could offer him the first selfie with Nikita on Canadian soil,. And then JT could tweet Putin:

@Putin .. We have your secret weapon. ;)

I hope that with new Liberal government things change. Mr. Harper and Co. put relationship between Canada and Russia to its lowest level, even worse than during the Cold War.

• Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

I hope that with new Liberal government things change. Mr. Harper and Co. put relationship between Canada and Russia to its lowest level, even worse than during the Cold War.

Trudeau is more of a communist than Putin, so you're probably right. Free Vodka for everyone.

Did I hear right tonight during the intermission, I thought they said he was 6' 9". I know he was 6'6" when drafted. Did they screw up or did he grow another 3 inches?

I think they also said he is 255 lbs. 

If signed this week, I don't think he'll play every game, but would be great to see him get 5 or 6 in before the end of the season. I think they will alternate him, kind of like they did with Virtanen and McCann, giving him some time to step back and observe and absorb things a little as well.

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to Nikita Tryamkin | #88 | D
  • SNuck locked this topic
  • SNuck unlocked this topic