The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

38 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Many are expecting him to be a fighter and heavy hitter, which I don't think he is.  So yeah, there will be some disappointment incoming.

I'll be happy if he can come in, play a simple game and use his wing span/stick to break up plays, use his size to erase guys off the puck in the corners/boards by just leaning on them and keep our crease relatively clear while he's out there.

I'm not expecting explosive hits, fights etc and I'll expect he'll take a couple weeks of games and practices before he starts to get used to the increased tempo of play.

Still excited as all hell to FINALLY get a better look at him and his potential.

Edited by J.R.
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, J.R. said:

I'll be happy if he can come in, play a simple game and use his wing span/stick to break up plays, use his size to erase guys off the puck in the corners/boards by just leaning on them and keep our crease relatively clear while he's out there.

I'm not expecting explosive hits, fights etc and I'll expect he'll take a couple weeks of games and practices before he starts to get used to the increased tempo of play.

Still excited as all hell to FINALLY get a better look at him and his potential.

^^^

5 minutes ago, J.R. said:

I heard this morning that if we didn't get ink to paper with him before June 1st 2016, he became a UFA.  I must applaud Benning for getting this signing done.  Losing prospects of this level for nothing are horrible for a franchise.  Now it's time to bring up Pedan, draft Sergachev and have the three Big Russian Bears patrolling our blue line for years to come.

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I heard this morning that if we didn't get ink to paper with him before June 1st 2016, he became a UFA.  I must applaud Benning for getting this signing done.  Losing prospects of this level for nothing are horrible for a franchise.  Now it's time to bring up Pedan, draft Sergachev and have the three Big Russian Bears patrolling our blue line for years to come.

That's great news!

Pedan - Tryamkin 

I'm giddy if these guys end up playing together.

We already witnessed what Pedan can do against teams like LA, now just add Tryamkin to the mix.

They don't need to put up big points; as long as they can shut down top lines and clear the crease for the goaltender (down the road of course), we have a bright, bright future.

Edited by Tystick
Error

26 minutes ago, Tystick said:

That's great news!

Pedan - Tryamkin 

We already witnessed what Pedan can do against teams like LA, now just add Tryamkin to the mix.

They don't need to put up big points; as long as they can shut down top lines and clear the crease for the goaltender (down the road of course), we have a bright, bright future.

Im giddy just thinking about having a guy on the blue line that might be able to knock other guys off of the puck and put them on their rear every now and then.  Thats a big step up from the massage and wellness spa the current vancouver D is  running in the D zone. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Gooseberries said:

I wonder if anyone on the team knows russian. I imagine it would be difficult to communicate during practice and in game situations. I know he has a translator for interviews, can he skate lol?

There's guys coming. Pedan likely the closest. 

Just now, Gooseberries said:

I get that. Im talking for like this week haha. honest question.  Im not trying to be a smart ass.

We don't have other Russians currently on the roster, so I doubt it.

Pedan, Zhuk etc are out there but (Zhuk especially) a ways out from being on the big club. 

NT will learn some basic English (if he doesn't know some already). Probably benefit the coaches to learn some basic/key Russian phrases as well. Otherwise there'll be a lot of hand signals etc initially I'd imagine besides the translator helping out.

12 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

Im giddy just thinking about having a guy on the blue line that might be able to knock other guys off of the puck and put them on their rear every now and then.  Thats a big step up from the massage and wellness spa the current vancouver D is  running in the D zone. 

Guaranteed 30% off their next visit.

50 minutes ago, Tystick said:

That's great news!

Pedan - Tryamkin 

It seems like this is how the top teams win now.  They have excellent defensive teams, that can get score key goals when needed to make the difference.  Alf has been a JB critic, but I do accept his plan is starting to make some sense.  He MUST sign Demko and Boeser though.  Goalie and key scorer. 

27 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

I get that. Im talking for like this week haha. honest question.  Im not trying to be a smart ass.

His KHL coach told in one of his interview that Tryamkin communicated well with international players in the Avto team in English...

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

That's what I'm hoping for as well.  If he does those things, he will be a huge success with this team.

I don't see him as an aggresive player.  As far as fighting...it looks like his wingspan will keep him from getting any nasty punches.  Looking at that video, the best his opponents can do is hit his upper arm.:lol: