The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

TSN Radio Vancouver @TSN1040 12m12 minutes ago

Ferraro on Tryamkin: He can kill the cycle (with his size). He can make a better than adequate first pass. I really liked him.

TSN Radio Vancouver @TSN1040 13m13 minutes ago

Ferraro on Tryamkin: He's going to have a bit of shell-shock when he gets here. I'll be surprised if it isn't a significant transition

TSN Radio Vancouver @TSN1040 14m14 minutes ago

Ferraro on Tryamkin: They should play him as much as they can, b/c they signed him to a two-year deal. So he burns thru the first year now.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Many are expecting him to be a fighter and heavy hitter, which I don't think he is.  So yeah, there will be some disappointment incoming.

He can and will fight if required to, but I don't expect that to happen often, but more to intimidate and be a deterrent.  Clear out the crease, and prevent players from charging the net or camping in front.  Miller and Markstrom must be ecstatic.

How excited would you be to charge in there only to get knocked on your butt, then get up to scrap and face some long-range cantelope-sized fists pounding on your head from above?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Stierlitz said:
Vancouver Canucks @VanCanucks 3h3 hours ago

"He didn't know much english last time he was here. It was interesting talking, just wanted him to know I'm a friend!" - Hutton, on Tryamkin.

Ah, bless Ben -- making buddies.  And I'm sure he wouldn't mind him as a partner eventually.  Gaunce and Nikita seemed to hit if off a bit at the 2014 camp, too.

• Upvote 2

Jeff Paterson @patersonjeff 6h6 hours ago

Trymaking to arrive tonight, but WD says likely won't have him practice with team tomorrow. Wants to give him a day to adjust.

Yeah 14-hour time difference with Yekaterinburg, I would say three days at least for acclimatization...

Edited by Stierlitz

1 hour ago, cuporbust said:

And that's probably what everyone should be thinking. Sadly , he is coming in to cheer up a disgruntled fan base and will be expected to do way more then he's probably capable of.

He's is intriguing , but I highly doubt he's guna walk in here and dominate the way everyone seems to expect him to. He is still very young and will need time. I guess u never know though ( as we saw with Hutton). Personally , I just want to see potential and that's all I'm expecting 

Yup same here

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

I sure see this 'everyone' sentiment being tossed around easily and often on CDC lately.

No, not 'everyone' is expecting circa 2011 Chara his first shift.

Ok. U don't like general terms , so how about , allot of fans. Is that better ? Happy now ? 

1 minute ago, cuporbust said:

Ok. U don't like general terms , so how about , allot of fans. Is that better ? Happy now ? 

I honestly haven't read one person say they expect him to step on the ice and just be Chara. Not saying some won't pop out and complain when that doesn't happen, but those people are trolls or simply lack hockey knowledge (looking at you Desi) 99% of the people posting about him seem to have tempered expectations.

9 minutes ago, WonderTwinPowers said:

I honestly haven't read one person say they expect him to step on the ice and just be Chara. Not saying some won't pop out and complain when that doesn't happen, but those people are trolls or simply lack hockey knowledge (looking at you Desi) 99% of the people posting about him seem to have tempered expectations.

Well . Maybe I just got the wrong impression then. If that's the case, good. And who knows , maybe he will surprise everyone 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, cripplereh said:

I do not see him going to the AHL for long if he does,only to get used to the ice size and how we want him to play so he will be ready when he steps in the lineup!

Especially with Edler most likely gone for the season:

TSN Radio VancouverVerified account @TSN1040 6h6 hours ago

Benning on Edler: Well, he has a broken leg. I would think he's probably out for the year.

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Won't he bolt back to the KHL if we try and put him in Utica?

I reckon he has the option to as per his contract but may opt to play in Utica for a bit if he agrees that that's what's best for his development. 

1 hour ago, cuporbust said:

As usual, it's a vocal minority. Besides, why would you care what those idiots have to say? ::D

• Upvote 1

Just now, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Won't he bolt back to the KHL if we try and put him in Utica?

Check today's interview with Benning.  They will let him see how he does, and to some extent determine for himself if he needs adjustment and development time.  He believes that because it's Tryamkin's goal to play in the NHL that he will be willing to put in that time.  Ditching after a few games does not sound like what he'd do -- he's come this far, he wants to make it.  That clause is more for if they end up getting stuck in the minors with little hope of seeing daylight.

• Upvote 2