The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

14 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

See, we do make a difference!!!

Actually I saw an article in TASS (the Russian CBC) that talked about how Vancouver made a big deal of honouring Pavel Bure and retiring his number, and they seemed quite proud of that. So who knows, maybe some of the things like that do make a difference. 

Just curious - does anyone know if he can be paired with Pedan? I'm not sure what side Tryamkin plays on regularly. 

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

Actually I saw an article in TASS (the Russian CBC) that talked about how Vancouver made a big deal of honouring Pavel Bure and retiring his number, and they seemed quite proud of that. So who knows, maybe some of the things like that do make a difference. 

Just curious - does anyone know if he can be paired with Pedan? I'm not sure what side Tryamkin plays on regularly. 

Says he can play both sides

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I doubt they get paired together. Maybe eventually, although I don't see a style fit quite as much as with other D, but they're pair each with more of a veteran player to start. We'll try Tryamkin out on the right at some point I'd guess and see how capable he is there for next year.

With all the comparisons flying around I'm going to put one out there that will probably be controversial. I'm going to say he has the potential to be a Jovo cop. He's going to be able to stand players up, but when he decides to carry the puck up the ice, people are just going to get out of his way. He is going to open up a lot of ice out there.

You all can temper your expectations, I'm going full Apollo on this one. This guy is going to be the real deal.

Edited by canuckledraggin
  • Upvote 2

Just now, elvis15 said:

I doubt they get paired together. Maybe eventually, although I don't see a style fit quite as much as with other D, but they're pair each with more of a veteran player to start. We'll try Tryamkin out on the right at some point I'd guess and see how capable he is there for next year.

I was just thinking for the language thing it might be nice to have a guy up he can talk to on the ice, but if he can be paired with Hamhuis going forward for this year I'd love to see that. He'd be a great guy to learn from. Please WD don't f* this up.  

3 minutes ago, canuckledraggin said:

With all the comparisons flying around I'm going to put one out there that will probably be controversial. I'm going to say he has the potential to be a Jovo cop. He's going to be able to stand players up, but when he decides to carries the puck up the ice, people are just going to get out of his way. He is going to open up a lot of ice out there.

You all can temper your expectations, I'm going full Apollo on this one. This guy is going to be the real deal.

I don't think he'll have that much offence and he'll be a much tougher defender, more static defender in his own end. We'll see how he does in the open ice (on both sides of the puck) but I don't see the similarities really at all.

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

I was just thinking for the language thing it might be nice to have a guy up he can talk to on the ice, but if he can be paired with Hamhuis going forward for this year I'd love to see that. He'd be a great guy to learn from. Please WD don't * this up.  

Hamhuis makes a lot of sense to start. He'll play more minutes but it won't be on the rush and all that if they let him focus on the defensive end.

I'm super excited about this guy.  If he's mobile and quick enough to overcome his size (and watching video of him, I believe he'll be fine) he's exactly what we need.  A big guy has a hard shot and would presumably be able to deliver big hits?  Heck yes. 

I'm super excited about this guy.  If he's mobile and quick enough to overcome his size (and watching video of him, I believe he'll be fine) he's exactly what we need.  A big guy has a hard shot and would presumably be able to deliver big hits?  Heck yes. 

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"We follow each other on Instagram and have learned a lot. Maybe we'll go to Justin Bieber tomorrow or something" - Horvat, on Tryamkin

Best quote on Tryamkin I've ever seen!! Hahaha

Can't wait to see how he does with competition over here. I see big things in him.