The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

Just now, cuporbust said:

Yeah. They were both great d men , but Pronger was by far the best shutdown d man of his era, unpredictable and mean. Played almost 30 minutes a night and controlled the pace throughout. Guy was a dink , but an absolute beast. 

Exactly Chara would be just an average player if it wasn't for his size.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, darkpoet said:

There's a difference between being mean , and being DIRTY.

Pronger makes Gordie Howe look like a cherub.

Remember the last really "big mean d man" we had?

Andrew Alberts. 6'5 220 lbs

Everyone was hoping he'd come here and keep the house clean... but every time he touched a guy he was in the sin bin :rolleyes:

Seems to happen whenever we get a player like that. The refs just flock to them like a fly to $#@.... so he toned his game back and wasn't nearly effective afterwards, then to top it all off, he gets boarded from behind by Malkin (no penalty of course) gets a concussion, and never plays again.

Welcome to Vancouver! /sarcasm

Lol. This is true. Good point. Pronger was a bit better at it then garbage man Alberts though. I'd still take Pronger. The guy was not just a goon. He was incredibly talented. Yeah , he may had more penalty minutes here then anywhere else though I'll give you that. Lol

Edited by cuporbust

33 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Hahaha. That was awesome. "He's not going to be the next Chris Pronger". Lol. That's awesome 

I think he really means for folks to not get their hopes up... because that tends to turn quickly into cries about him being a complete bust.

He is a kid who has never played an NHL game.  If he can be a marginal 3rd pairing guy in his first year then that is a pretty good success to build on.

5 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Yeah. They were both great d men , but Pronger was by far the best shutdown d man of his era, unpredictable and mean. Played almost 30 minutes a night and controlled the pace throughout. Guy was a dink , but an absolute beast. 

Scott Niedermayer is one of the best IMO

2 minutes ago, Provost said:

I think he really means for folks to not get their hopes up... because that tends to turn quickly into cries about him being a complete bust.

He is a kid who has never played an NHL game.  If he can be a marginal 3rd pairing guy in his first year then that is a pretty good success to build on.

No doubt the kids gonna have issues like every other rookie to ever play in the NHL.

I thought it was an interesting comment cause I don't think the two are even comparable types. So even if NT turned into a Super Star you still would never really make that comparison about the two except that they both are defensemen.

1 minute ago, TimberWolf said:

And Dolph is a Swede :ph34r:

And not actually a crazy tall guy. In his prime he was just over 6'4, which is by no means a small man, but not the giant he often portrayed. Our Captain Trev is actuay just as tall as Dolph in his prime. The reason he looked so massive in the movie is that Stallone is under 5'9 and hovering right around he incredibly average mark for male hight. 

Fun fact, Dolph is actually an incredible human being. Karate world champion, genius iq, talented musician and a really funny guy. 

Im pretty stoked about this kid and others that JB has been bringing in. BUT. Its more for in a few years when these kids all become real players and even more pieces are added to the puzzle by our awesome GM JB.

Obviously were not gonna go on a tear and win the Stanley Cup this year or even next year but it will happen one of these years with the type of kids JB keeps bringing in!

Totally expecting to see some pain out there on the ice lol

12 minutes ago, Provost said:

Yeah I know. Just don't see hank being that candid often. 

31 minutes ago, darkpoet said:

There's a difference between being mean , and being DIRTY.

Pronger makes Gordie Howe look like a cherub.

Remember the last really "big mean d man" we had?

Andrew Alberts. 6'5 220 lbs

Everyone was hoping he'd come here and keep the house clean... but every time he touched a guy he was in the sin bin :rolleyes:

Seems to happen whenever we get a player like that. The refs just flock to them like a fly to $#@.... so he toned his game back and wasn't nearly effective afterwards, then to top it all off, he gets boarded from behind by Malkin (no penalty of course) gets a concussion, and never plays again.

Welcome to Vancouver! /sarcasm

Willy Mitchell was the guy who got the concussion from the hit from behind by Malkin. Alberts was taken out by and elbow to the head by Brian McGratton, about 4 years after.

23 minutes ago, MadOgre said:

Im pretty stoked about this kid and others that JB has been bringing in. BUT. Its more for in a few years when these kids all become real players and even more pieces are added to the puzzle by our awesome GM JB.

Obviously were not gonna go on a tear and win the Stanley Cup this year or even next year but it will happen one of these years with the type of kids JB keeps bringing in!

Totally expecting to see some pain out there on the ice lol

Catching up on some of the excitement here for NT.. and an earlier reference to the mean streak of Pronger..  To me Pedan may turn out to be meaner than NT,. But 2 big mobile full game men, the likes of what Pedan and Tryamkin bring will out weigh and out play what a single Pronger, Chara, Burns, or Byfuglien bring in a single game. . 

Id say about  40 mins of 460 lbs a game will have a few opposing forwards changing lines pretty quick ;)

just sayin ..

• Upvote 2