The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

1 hour ago, Bang Bang Boogie said:

Just a quick chat. I told him the fans are excited about Tryamkin and that we think he is doing a good job (unlike most of CDC).  He thanked me and said that there is lot to look forward to.

Much appreciated!

1 hour ago, Bang Bang Boogie said:

Yup that was Tryamkin.  His skating is actually pretty amazing, considering his size.

As Benning said, he looks like a 6'1 guy when he skates.

3 minutes ago, TheOgRook said:

Thx for the notes!

Tell his agent that this country was built by amazing immigrants who didn't pronounce things properly.  We welcome him and all others with open arms, broken English or not :) 

I'm sure his English is a LOT better than my Russian :lol:

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, TheOgRook said:

Thx for the notes!

Tell his agent that this country was built by amazing immigrants who didn't pronounce things properly.  We welcome him and all others with open arms, broken English or not :) 

as long as he can pronounce, " I MUST BREAK YOU", I don't care about anything else he says.

image.jpeg

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, TheOgRook said:

If it has any rolling Rs I'm hooped!  Many bottles of tequila in Mexico with the locals and hours of them poking fun at me at how bad I was lol

Rolling R's I'm fine with. Ask my wife, I have a dexterous tongue :P

Edited by J.R.
  • Upvote 1

Just now, J.R. said:

Rolling R's I'm fine with. Ask my wife, I have a dexterous tongue :P

Lol how did I know you would Take it here, 13 plus years for the Mrs and I,it must be how I pronounce other words ;) 

we should drop it.. All the university schooled folks will start with the technical stuff again!

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Alflives said:

as long as he can pronounce, " I MUST BREAK YOU", I don't care about anything else he says.

image.jpeg

Thanks for this Alflives. Made me laugh. Ha ha!

I am excited to see what this kid can do. Obviously I have to temper my expectations but I see nothing but upside to this.

10 minutes ago, DJSkingz said:

Thanks for this Alflives. Made me laugh. Ha ha!

I am excited to see what this kid can do. Obviously I have to temper my expectations but I see nothing but upside to this.

You're welcome.  I love hockey, the Canucks, and to enjoy the locker room.  The first I can still do.  Alas the days of locker room fun are far behind my furry @$$.  i find CDC fills that void a bit.

i saw this big Russian at the world juniors one year, and was shocked he wasn't drafted.  I thought, for such a tall guy, he skated really well.  Then we drafted him, and I got excited.  I can't hardly wait to see him out there.  :frantic:

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MadOgre said:

Bingo!

It's like no one has ever watched "Pumping Iron" LOL I must be old or something :(

"It's like coming!"  Haha

I think were silly assuming who is stronger just by a couple damn photos. That's the most laughable way to measure thier strength. Second who cares how strong Tryamkin is, he's most likely very strong, he has the weight and obviously can skate, lets let him develope his game in NA then well see what he can bring to the table... 

Sometimes I wonder why we bother explaining to people who don't want to listen. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MadOgre said:

Oh and just to clarify. Longer muscles have more strength because hey have more fibers then a shorter muscle. If you have a longer bulky muscle it will be exponentially stronger then the shorter muscle. You would have to have a short muscle with like 5 to 10 times the bulk to start to compare to a lager long muscle. But the long muscle always has improved strength because muscles are not designed to be shaped like basket balls. The linear shape of the muscle is the force multiplier. Not the bulk.

Two muscles being equal in length and shape. The larger/bulkier muscle will have greater strength. The protein muscle fiber size does play a role but not nearly as much as you would think. AKA diet and training program. The one variable that people leave out is the Adrenal Hormones that have significant effect to the strength that an individual displays.

Its the very reason why your leg muscles are the strongest in your body = Because they are the longest in your body! Well even that's not quite true. The strongest muscles in your body are the Erector Spinae muscles. Why? Because they are the longest in the human body and have the ability if they spasm hard enough to snap the human spine in half!

Anyways back to the argument: Is Zdeno Chara a superior athlete to Nikita Tryamkin? NO They are the same size. Nikita Tryamkin as advantage over Zdeno Chara for the simple fact that he is younger and has bulkier muscle groups then Chara.

Fact. Chara has a flat chest and in his photo shoot pic he is basically showing off his ripped abbs which are only visible because of his lack of body mass/FAT. Tryamkin has the same muscle groups and quite possibly in better shape because he has more body mass to move with them on a daily basis. The only reason you don't see Tryamkin with ripped abbs like that is because he didn't spend 48 hours dehydrating himself with salt.

What is abundantly clear is that Tryamkin has superior upper body size and therefore superior strength over Chara. That my uneducated friend is a fact!

If two muscles are equal in length and shape, how is one bulkier than the other?

23 minutes ago, ABNucksfan said:

"It's like coming!"  Haha

I think were silly assuming who is stronger just by a couple damn photos. That's the most laughable way to measure thier strength. Second who cares how strong Tryamkin is, he's most likely very strong, he has the weight and obviously can skate, lets let him develope his game in NA then well see what he can bring to the table... 

Sometimes I wonder why we bother explaining to people who don't want to listen. 

I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!

21 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Well, considering that some other rookie threads hit three-digit number of pages like Brock Boeser - 157, Jake Virtanen - 697, Brendan Gaunce - 223...

Heard on the radio today that calling a Russian person a "tree" is an insult, and Tryamkin didn't like that nick name.  Also heard, or read here, that his interpreter said Tryamkin didn't want to speak publicly without an interpreter because he didn't want to sound silly mispronouncing rules.  Is this respect for precise language something to be expected from Russian people?  From our western POV, if you are 6'8" and 240 you really don't care what other people think of how you speak.  Heck Alf is 4' and a puppet, and he don't care a lick.  

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

If two muscles are equal in length and shape, how is one bulkier than the other?

Is he still going off? I heard him say some of the dumber and misinformed comments I have ever heard so I went with a ignore. Reading them actually made me feel uncomfortable, much rather block it out all together haha 

20 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Heard on the radio today that calling a Russian person a "tree" is an insult, and Tryamkin didn't like that nick name.  Also heard, or read here, that his interpreter said Tryamkin didn't want to speak publicly without an interpreter because he didn't want to sound silly mispronouncing rules.  Is this respect for precise language something to be expected from Russian people?  From our western POV, if you are 6'8" and 240 you really don't care what other people think of how you speak.  Heck Alf is 4' and a puppet, and he don't care a lick.  

This is kind of bad thing if you call a Russian "wood" or "oak" - this means dumb ::D not a "tree"

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Stierlitz said:

This is kind of bad thing if you call a Russian "wood" or "oak" - this means dumb ::D not a "tree"

Yes, there are a lot of nuances to language.  What about Tryamkin not wanting to mispronounce English words, and that's why he wanted the translator?  Is this concern for precise language a Russian societal concern?