The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

1 hour ago, Crabcakes said:

Yep, he's a big boy and he's only 21 and everybody's going to test him.  Let's hope he's smart enough to be ready.

44 minutes ago, nom_de_plume said:

So what, 6'8/ 6'7... 220/240/280 lbs... Who really cares!  Can he do a pullup?

He's only 21 he might still be able to grow some more inches :D  

7 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

Yep, he's a big boy and he's only 21 and everybody's going to test him.  Let's hope he's smart enough to be ready.

This eludes to how important it is to have some vets in the lineup.  They will have him prepared :)  Can hardly wait!

11 hours ago, canuckledraggin said:

This isn't the 1st time that we're seeing this guy. From 1:25-1:40 is Gaunce pushing the behemoth up the Grouse grind and willing him to the top. It was cool to hear that they stayed in touch since development camp.

Watching these videos in 2016 really puts things in perspective. A lot of these guys have played for the nucks now.. But back then  we would only dream about today. Let's all be great full that so many of our guys are looking good today.

ps. Anyone else notice TROY STETCHER at the beginning of the vid? I'd be so happy if we land him.. So happy

26 minutes ago, Tavrohorvat53 said:

Watching these videos in 2016 really puts things in perspective. A lot of these guys have played for the nucks now.. But back then  we would only dream about today. Let's all be great full that so many of our guys are looking good today.

ps. Anyone else notice TROY STETCHER at the beginning of the vid? I'd be so happy if we land him.. So happy

Since he's completing his 3rd year at UND you would think he's on Benning's radar.  He's undrafted in the NHL but was drafted by the Portland Winterhawks in 2009, 7th round.....late bloomer?

5"11, 192 RHD 7-19-26 +17 in 36 games this season

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tavrohorvat53 said:

Yeah, I'd say we have a pretty good shot at landing him.  Benning and company were obviously interested in him 2 years ago, and he's a local boy and Canuck fan.  Playing with Boeser is just topping.