The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

Ya I'm sure hank didn't mean it to sound bad , but it did. Wasn't the best choice of a sentence. I was kinda like ....did he really just slam his new teammate ? I'm sure he didn't intend that , but that's what it sounded like. 

Edited by cuporbust

5 hours ago, cuporbust said:

Ya I'm sure hank didn't mean it to sound bad , but it did. Wasn't the best choice of a sentence. I was kinda like ....did he really just slam his new teammate ? I'm sure he didn't intend that , but that's what it sounded like. 

that's the thing that got to me too, remember they were the ones who would rave about Hutton, so the Sedins' probably seen something we haven't yet. However, its important we all lower our expectations on this guy, give him 2-3 years before even starting the hype train. Just go look at Chara's first two years in the NHL, he will first need to adjust to the speed of the NHL, and the overall timing, which will take him some time. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

that's the thing that got to me too, remember they were the ones who would rave about Hutton, so the Sedins' probably seen something we haven't yet. However, its important we all lower our expectations on this guy, give him 2-3 years before even starting the hype train. Just go look at Chara's first two years in the NHL, he will first need to adjust to the speed of the NHL, and the overall timing, which will take him some time. 

Very true. I think that's all hank meant , just didn't come out right. I did like the interview though. He sounded raw and honest 

Edited by cuporbust
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Very true. I think that's all hank meant , just didn't come out right. I did like the interview though. He sounded raw and honest 

scout if you want lol this is the only video on NA ice 

some positives in the video. so he is going to be atleast a better version of this.

Edited by desiboynux4lifee*******

All I hear when I listen to those interviews from Henrik on the 10th and 11th, is him taking shots at the media. It's one thing when us fans get amped up about seeing a new prospect and use social media to throw around our predictions and expectations. It's another thing entirely for the mainstream media to be acting like fans and pushing the narrative from that perspective. Good for Hank who knows he has to be the voice of reason when he is surrounded by a pack of vultures. The msm is primed and ready to pick the bones clean from a guy who hasn't even played a game yet.

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

scout if you want lol this is the only video on NA ice 

some positives in the video. so he is going to be atleast a better version of this.

First time seeing this,

lot it of positives to take out of it.

Tryamkin is not afraid of playing the body, he had a few good hits where he took the player out of the play.

He seemed good at clearing the front of the net, players are going to be punished if they are going to want to play there.

He can move quickly around the ice with little effort due to his big size. I'd imagine once his body starts to settle into itself and his muscle matures he will be even quicker, stronger and be able to fine tune his game.

He was also confidant on the puck. If I remember correctly, Chara, at that age was not confidant with the puck, and he was considerably weaker skating. (I watched him in PG and he was an ankle skater when he first started in the W) Chara's only saving grace was his ability to fight and be a shutdown defence man. 

Tryamkin has raw talent, is huge, has a very long reach, and wants to succeed in Vancouver. He has already played 2 yrs in the KHL.

I see a ton of potential with this kid!

The future is bright. 

1 hour ago, ABNucksfan said:

First time seeing this,

lot it of positives to take out of it.

Tryamkin is not afraid of playing the body, he had a few good hits where he took the player out of the play.

He seemed good at clearing the front of the net, players are going to be punished if they are going to want to play there.

He can move quickly around the ice with little effort due to his big size. I'd imagine once his body starts to settle into itself and his muscle matures he will be even quicker, stronger and be able to fine tune his game.

He was also confidant on the puck. If I remember correctly, Chara, at that age was not confidant with the puck, and he was considerably weaker skating. (I watched him in PG and he was an ankle skater when he first started in the W) Chara's only saving grace was his ability to fight and be a shutdown defence man. 

Tryamkin has raw talent, is huge, has a very long reach, and wants to succeed in Vancouver. He has already played 2 yrs in the KHL.

I see a ton of potential with this kid!

The future is bright. 

iHe has actually played 4 years in the KHL. So he is ready to play against men there is no doubt with that. The question will be how he adjusts to the nhl rink, nhl speed and hopefully how quickly he can learn more english to communicate and understand his teammates and coaches easier.

Hope he comes here early to get a jump start on all of this next fall. Maybe the Canucks will send or get an english tutor to go back to Russia with him when the season is over?

22 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

So when is Tryamkins first game? I know they said they wanted to sit him for awhile so he could get some practices in and get familiar with the team and get him up to game speed before getting in game action.

I think WD said Wednesday will be the most likely the first game Tryampkin plays

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stierlitz said:

Wow, thanks to Nikita, Canucks team is popular in Russia now. There is large article posted last night describing day of regular NHL fan and the Canucks fan is taken as an example: http://www.championat.com/hockey/article-243060-go-canucks-odin-den-iz-zhizni-bolelshhika-nkhl.html  This is written in Russian obviously but pictures look so familiar :towel:

That's so cool, but the page crashed my google translator, дерьмо !  

Great that they posted the anthem from game 7 in 2011. That really shows what the atmosphere CAN be like at Rogers....

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to Nikita Tryamkin | #88 | D
  • -SN- locked this topic
  • -SN- unlocked this topic