The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kyle Pettit | C

Alex the Great

Why are we not drafting PMD's? It's clearly our biggest need!

Are there many good ones left in the 6th round? Maybe you should look at who we drafted just prior, and similarly in the middle rounds last year.

There must be a lot of NHL scouts on CDC. People calling for a puck moving dman? You realize whoever we picked at this point wouldn't be playing for us for at least a few years if at all, so why do we care what our needs are now with this pick? We drafted a good team player that will have a bigger role next year to develop. If he's a bust, I'm not going to cry about it.

I love when people throw all of these can't miss 6th round pick names out there, as if they spent any more than 30 seconds looking up their stats and rankings.

Guess what? 95% of the players taken in the 6th round won't make the NHL. Saying that we missed out on so and so in the 6th round is beyond ridiculous.

If we can have two players go on and become top players from this draft, that's a good draft. Three players and it's a great draft. That's just the odds of drafting. You're not gonna draft NHLers with every pick. No team does.

These last 2 picks were an absolute joke. No chance of playing in the NHL. Really starting to doubt JB's scouting prowess and decision making.

Lol. And 6th and 7th round picks normally play in the NHL right?

In reality, there are maybe 5 or 6 players in most drafts taken in the 6th and 7th round that go on to be regular NHLers.

And don't pretend that you know anything about Pettit or Stewart. Just because a higher ranked player wasn't picked doesn't mean those players will be NHLers.

Lol. And 6th and 7th round picks normally play in the NHL right?

In reality, there are maybe 5 or 6 players in most drafts taken in the 6th and 7th round that go on to be regular NHLers.

And don't pretend that you know anything about Pettit or Stewart. Just because a higher ranked player wasn't picked doesn't mean those players will be NHLers.

I am not pretending, but I do know that those 2 have NO chance. There were players available that DO have a chance.

And P.S. I obviously know more than you.

I am not pretending, but I do know that those 2 have NO chance. There were players available that DO have a chance.

And P.S. I obviously know more than you.

So who has a chance to become NHLers? Lets hear it since you obviously know more than me.

NHL size, NHL work ethic, lower end skill.

I would actually say these guys have a higher chance of making it than if we picked high skill guys without nhl size or work ethic.

Don't get me wrong, there were some good people on the board, but these guys are insurance pieces, for the future who are going to get bigger opportunity.

Nice to have low expectations for some prospects for a change, and have them surprise.

Also look for him to expand his game as more players move on from Erie.

Former 2nd round pick in the OHL in 2012

So who has a chance to become NHLers? Lets hear it since you obviously know more than me.

Mmmmm .... Let's see. Vancouver passed on Brayden Point (79th overall, Tampa Bay, 91 pts in 72 GP), Chase De Leo (99th overall, Winnipeg, 81 pts in 72 GP), Jaedon Descheneau (124th overall, St. Louis, 98 pts in 70 GP), Daniel Audette (147th overall, Montreal, 76 pts in 68 GP), and Vladimir Tkachev (Undrafted, 30 pts in 20 GP).

Archived