The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

are you ok with a rebuilt 2-4 years?

canucksnihilist

are you ok with a rebuild?  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes 2 years is more than feasible.

Solid draft last year, potentially a solid draft this year depending on McCann Tryamkin Forsling (growth and intro to NA?) and another solid draft next year gives us some solid internal depth a bunch of cap space and leaves us competitive and competing at the beginning of 2015/2016

I still firmly believe that without seriously overachieving next season we are in line for another top 10 pick. Benning seems smart so he'd most likely try to obtain a few more picks from the 1st through 3rd rounds leaving us with multiple picks from 3 drafts in the first few rounds and luckily some solid players and some gems in the mid and later rounds.

Yes, if it's necessary then I'm ok with a rebuild. If this team has to bottom out to give us a realistic chance at the cup, that's still better than a mediocre team with a long shot at winning it.

That being said I don't know yet if it's necessary, see what changes are made before the start of the season.

as long as we're not purposely trying to tank. I also want our players to give a sh!t because the last 2 years it looked like everyone was only interested in collecting a paycheck. I'm looking forward to the new look nucks. whether we make the playoffs or not is another question entirely, but I fully expect a hard working team like the flames and blue jackets

Let's consider last year as rock bottom. Every roster move going forward should leave the team younger but it always doesn't have to be 18-20 (if your aiming for a cup in 2-4 years, you're going to have some people in the early/mid 30s). For the next couple of years only fill major holes with free agency. You want your young players to have to earn a spot on the team rather than be gifted a spot, but you also don't want to go out and sign a player that will block a young player from joining the team either. It's a fine line, but it looks as if the Canucks are headed in the right direction.

as long as we're not purposely trying to tank. I also want our players to give a sh!t because the last 2 years it looked like everyone was only interested in collecting a paycheck. I'm looking forward to the new look nucks. whether we make the playoffs or not is another question entirely, but I fully expect a hard working team like the flames and blue jackets

Yeah. Pretty much the last couple of years have looked like that since the cup run. Like "yeah we went to Game 7 of the cup, been there, done that" laziness.

No, I'm not okay with a rebuild. I expect the Canucks to win the cup next season. And I also expect the canucks to win the President's trophy.

And after that 7-4 blowout, I feel like the Canucks will go into starvation mode and eat(in other words score some GOALS) until they are full.

Support the team no matter what, with the realization that the current great franchises all had dark days and empty seats.

It is an investment.

Essentially how I see the next few years. It'll be a transition that a fair amount will have not really endured before, but if you want to compete with the likes of Chicago, LA, etc, there have been a dark age or two to get them where they are today.

Solid drafting and player development is key and with the management that we have right now, it looks like they have a plan and are willing to stick with it. I am more than willing to go through it with the team.

Its going to take how ever long it is going to take, it matters not if I am ok with it, there is nothing I can do to speed up the process. Since the Canucks wants to build the team the right way I well simply sit back enjoy the ride to a Stanley Cup.

If it means we are rebuilding into a REAL elite team, then yes, gladly. I don't want to be some pretender team that is "elite" for one year, then falls off a cliff. I want this team to be up there with the likes of Chicago, LA, and Boston, competing for years. I trust Benning can get us to that point.

I think everyone on cdc is extremely over exaggerating the situation the canucks are in. We aren't in calgary and edmontons situation and we aren't going to win the cup next year. We also aren't going to finish in the bottom 10 again.... Why people think Bonino and Sbisa are bums is beyond me. Vey was traded because LA had no room for him not because he's a bum.

This site has the extreme talent of blowing things out of proportion. Either the player is a god or a bum... There is no in between.

Archived