The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(proposal) taking advantage of the russian factor.

Burmistrov is in the KHL right now and won't play for WPG so his value is lower than it should be. We have a crap ton of cap space so I am sure we could pay him enough to come play for us in his next deal.

To Van:

Rights to burmistrov

To WPG:

Hansen, Markstrom, possibly add a pick

WPG needs depth at the wing position. Hansen is still young and on a decent contract. They also need Goaltending depth and it is rumored we are going after a vet goalie anyways so he becomes expendable.

we finally get our potential top line center.

thoughts? ideas of how to improve the offer?

Future top 6

Virtanen Burmistrov Kassian

Shinkaruk Horvat Jensen

I'm not sure Burmistrov is/will be a #1 centre in the NHL, but it's not a bad idea..

..Outside of the massive bargaining chip (KHL) he will forever use in contract negotiations.

If Benning thought he could convince him to come over after next season, it makes decent sense.

He is a talent I would gladly take a calculated risk with.

I'm more inclined to think that if there is a Russian prospect JB would target it would be Alex Khokhlachev of the Bruins organization. AK is penciled behind Spooner who plays a similar game as AK, so I can see the Bruins willing to part with him for say Brendan Gaunce, straight up.

The only reason why I think Gaunce may be expendable is because, even though he's a big bodied centreman that JB seems to like, he's behind Bo Horvat on the depth chart for this type of player. So we would be getting a player with higher offensive ceiling in AK (which is lacking on our depth chart), and giving up a complete player with less offensive upside in BG.

Pure speculation on my part, but there might be the off chance the Khokhlachev can be packaged in a deal with Boychuk motivated by Bruins' desire to dump some cap space. In this case, I'd be willing to trade Hansen (retain full $2.5M for 2014-2015 only; $0 thereafter) and Gaunce for Khokhlachev and Boychuk.

For me, the guy I'd be targeting is Grigorenko. He's got 1st line level potential, but Buffalo mishandled him and drafted Reinhart. Developed right, I'm not worried about the Russian factor. The kid did come over to the CHL to learn the North American game.

For me, the guy I'd be targeting is Grigorenko. He's got 1st line level potential, but Buffalo mishandled him and drafted Reinhart. Developed right, I'm not worried about the Russian factor. The kid did come over to the CHL to learn the North American game.

The price wouldn't be cheap though.

I'm more inclined to think that if there is a Russian prospect JB would target it would be Alex Khokhlachev of the Bruins organization. AK is penciled behind Spooner who plays a similar game as AK, so I can see the Bruins willing to part with him for say Brendan Gaunce, straight up.

The only reason why I think Gaunce may be expendable is because, even though he's a big bodied centreman that JB seems to like, he's behind Bo Horvat on the depth chart for this type of player. So we would be getting a player with higher offensive ceiling in AK (which is lacking on our depth chart), and giving up a complete player with less offensive upside in BG.

Pure speculation on my part, but there might be the off chance the Khokhlachev can be packaged in a deal with Boychuk motivated by Bruins' desire to dump some cap space. In this case, I'd be willing to trade Hansen (retain full $2.5M for 2014-2015 only; $0 thereafter) and Gaunce for Khokhlachev and Boychuk.

Actually there is nothing similar about their game other than the fact that they play the same position and in camp they will likely be competing for the same roster spot. Actually competing would be the wrong word, Koko doesn't stand a chance at winning the 3C spot from Spooner. The Bruins will never value the two in the same way. Koko is a player who lacks the defensive skills required to play 3C for the Bruins. Spooner has shown a vast amount of improvement in that regard. The reason why people are speculating that Koko will be traded is because the Bruins have always traded away their skilled players with questionable defensive games. Especially with the 3C spot the Bruins have never used such a player there, it essentially seals Koko's fate that he won't be playing in a Bruins jersey for a reasonable period of time.

Archived