The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pen's Tank Job Feature on TSN is Shameful

I actually admire them. Do think the Bucks in the NBA didn't try to tank this year? Or that Buffalo isn't trying to tank next year? Tanking is a part of sports that can get u a superstar and Stanley Cups. At least the Pens had the balls to say they tanked.

I actually admire them. Do think the Bucks in the NBA didn't try to tank this year? Or that Buffalo isn't trying to tank next year? Tanking is a part of sports that can get u a superstar and Stanley Cups. At least the Pens had the balls to say they tanked.

Sixers are already tanking another season in the NBA. Traded away all there best non high end young prospects and tied the loss streak last year. Get 2 picks in the top 10 this year and take 2 high potential players who won't play next season. The GM is thanking the fans for being patient and ESPN is writing articles about how tanking is a strategy xD

I do agree though. Unless you are the Oilers it can really do wonders for a franchise. Of the last 10 cups won 7 of the teams featured at least 1 key player drafted #1 or #2 (most teams had a few high picks). The 3 that didn't each had another theme, at least 1 monster defender (Lidstrom, Pronger, Neidermayer, and Chara).

People may not want to accept it but tanking or simply being at the bottom can reap great rewards.

edmonton says hi.

Edmonton picked the worst time to tank/be bad that they could. They wound up with no superstar at #1. No Crosby, Ovechkin, Stamkos, Tavares.

Just Taylor Hall who's becoming a good first line center but no superstar. No to mention injury prone.

RNH who looks to be developing nicely but I doubt many project him to be a superstar.

Nail Yakupov who is a massive question mark and is frequently mentioned as trade bait.

You've got to be bad at the right time.

Edmonton picked the worst time to tank/be bad that they could. They wound up with no superstar at #1. No Crosby, Ovechkin, Stamkos, Tavares.

Just Taylor Hall who's becoming a good first line center but no superstar. No to mention injury prone.

RNH who looks to be developing nicely but I doubt many project him to be a superstar.

Nail Yakupov who is a massive question mark and is frequently mentioned as trade bait.

Maybe that's a blessing in disguise? Imagine if they had Ovechkin, Crosby, Toews (instead of Johnson),

We are lucky they started to tank in weak drafts...

Maybe that's a blessing in disguise? Imagine if they had Ovechkin, Crosby, Toews (instead of Johnson),

We are lucky they started to tank in weak drafts...

Couldn't agree more. Being a Canuck fan nothing pleases me more than seeing what they got out of their #1 picks.

When the Nordiques were terrible and had 3 straight #1's they came away with Mats Sundin, Owen Nolan and Eric Lindros.

Looks good on EDM.

Best part was the Bucks got screwed for it hahaha

Since when did Hall become a center?

None of the guys that were involved are still around

Ain't nuthin wrong with tanking. It's a legitimate strategy. We should tank for Mcdavid. We have youth to step in (Jensen, Kassian, Shinkaruk, Virtanen, Horvat, McCann, Gaunce) and we have veteran mentors (Sedins, Burrows, Higgins, Hamhuis, Bieksa). McDavid would be perfect for us

Archived