The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Youth Chart [updated]

JohnScott

1 member has voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Feel free to leave feedback :)

I'll update it when needed

Also, this chart only includes prospects/players (U27) that actually have a shot of one day cracking the roster.

post-122952-0-33723800-1426374018.jpg

LEGEND

F O R W A R D S:

- GREEN NAME = 1st Line Forward

- BLUE NAME = 2nd Line Forward

- PURPLE NAME = 3rd Line Forward

- GREY NAME = 4th Line Forward / Depth player / Call-up

D E F E N C E M E N:

- RED NAME = Top 2 Defenceman

- ORANGE NAME = Top 4 Defenceman

- BROWN NAME = Top 6 Defenceman / Depth player / Call-up

G O A L I E S

- GREEN NAME = Elite Starter

- YELLOW NAME = Starter

- GREY NAME = Backup / Call-up

+ = Player could move up one ranking

++ = Player could move up two rankings

- = Player could move down one ranking

+- = Player could move up or down one ranking

***RANKINGS BASED ON POTENTIAL***

Some may think I'm crazy, but I actually do think we may have a future number 1 center already. Not much reasoning behind it, but I just feel like with the center depth we have right now, chances are one of them will underachieve and one of them will overachieve. It's not guaranteed, but I think it could happen

Some may think I'm crazy, but I actually do think we may have a future number 1 center already. Not much reasoning behind it, but I just feel like with the center depth we have right now, chances are one of them will underachieve and one of them will overachieve. It's not guaranteed, but I think it could happen

McCann could get there. Long shot, but he's got that swagger to be real good kinda like Shinkaruk.

Realistically I think we have two elite second lines with our prospects, and that can be good enough to win, if your bottom 6 is two elite third lines.

IMO we need to work on our future D. A legit 1C would be nice but like Derp said "Realistically I think we have two elite second lines with our prospects, and that can be good enough to win, if your bottom 6 is two elite third lines."

Im pretty sure Benning was saying Tryamkin is almost NHL ready, so his upside is probably better than a depth D-man more of a top 6 maybe a top 4. Hutton is definitely a top 4 Defenceman same as Corrado. IMO

I agree. This is why I ranked him as a Top 6/Top 4 Dman in the future. The reason I put Top 6 and Depth Dmen in one ranking is because I couldn't find a colour noticeably different than the ones I already used haha.

"Tryamkin+"

IMO we need to work on our future D. A legit 1C would be nice but like Derp said "Realistically I think we have two elite second lines with our prospects, and that can be good enough to win, if your bottom 6 is two elite third lines."

A couple of them are bound to surprise and exceed expectations. It always happens. 3 seasons into the nhl we didn't think the twins were ever going to win scoring titles but they did. I gotta think at least 2 of our current prospects go above and beyond their ceilings. Whether Virtanen goes Iginla for us or McCann/Horvat become #1C, something will go right for us.

A useful chart. I think that this demonstrates that we have decent depth in the prospect pool at Centre, but we are pretty thin on the wings. I expect that JB will attempt to compensate for the relative lack of prospects on the wings by signing UFA wingers (e.g. Moulson, Jokinen, etc) or by moving 1 or 2 prospects from centre to wing. As far as I know, Horvat, Bonino, Matthias, and Vey can play (and have played) on the wing as an option to center although they may not be as useful in that position. I'd like to see us get more wingers like Virtanen, Shink and Kassian in the system through the 2015 draft.

Archived