The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks considered holding onto Kesler

canuckbeliever

Very doubtful the return, bad as it is, would've gotten any better.

Meanwhile, Gillis is to blame for not getting us Pouliot, let lone Sutter. Win-win.

Don't think you can blame GMMG for not pulling the trigger... especially with Aquaman's meddling...

Linden and Benning may very well turn the sterotype of VAN a self absorbed team into a character one.

Transition well on the way. If speculation holds, Burrows may be gone soon as well, leaving just one of the three amigos, and the least-hated one.

That is Kesler's Achilles heel. He will try to show the Canucks up, but he will try to do it on his own and fail.

Yes, I see the same thing! With his personality, he is likely to try so hard that it will potentially backfire. When that happens he gets frustrated, and becomes a detriment.

Don't think you can blame GMMG for not pulling the trigger... especially with Aquaman's meddling...

Right, if reports that ownership nixed the deals were accurate. Hopefully it's a lesson to them to stand back and let management do its job.

Where are you hearing that Burrows might be out the door?? Burrows is our clutch guy, he had a horrible year last year, so did the rest of the team!! I love Burrows, I love that he came from nothing, and worked his way up to one of the top lines in the NHL. The better not rid of Burrows. He is what a Canuck is all about!

It might not be next year but I sure hope the Canucks get competitive again. It would be pretty awesome looking a Keslers face when knock the Ducks out of the playoffs. I was a huge Kesler fan and acually thought he was the heart and soul of this team. Pretty bummed to have found out he was turning into a cancer for the Canucks. I think Linden and Benning showed a lot of class by just getting him outta here. Wasn't happy with what we got in return but now knowing the situation clearly i for one would like to give Sbisa, Bonino and Macann every opportunity to prove themselves while they are Canucks.

Would have been better off keeping him. As usual, many will make a devil outta anyone who gets traded. Not the 1st time, won't be the last.

I think the Kesler situation is a bit different tho. He pretty said f***k u to his teammates and the organization that treated him very well during his stay. When Schiender got traded I think we as fans actaully all really felt bad cuz wanted to stay and be a Canuck. With Luongo it's fair to say the managment treat him like crap and did things to solidify him wanting to move outta here. I don't think when CS and RL come back they will get booed like Im anticipating for Kesler.

I think the Kesler situation is a bit different tho. He pretty said f***k u to his teammates and the organization that treated him very well during his stay. When Schiender got traded I think we as fans actaully all really felt bad cuz wanted to stay and be a Canuck. With Luongo it's fair to say the managment treat him like crap and did things to solidify him wanting to move outta here. I don't think when CS and RL come back they will get booed like Im anticipating for Kesler.

CS wanted to start, Kes wanted to play for the cup. Funny how those 2 things might have aligned. I always thought Kes was a bit of a tool, but can't blame him for leaving. Happens every year, if the team wasn't able and/or capable of changing back to a contender, then he was willing to leave. Guys who stayed are obviously more keen with hockey as a career, which is fine, but hardly any more honorable. Don't mistaken players like Bieksa or the twins as being more loyal, they're just more comfortable.

Not like Kes chose to leave because he disliked his teammates, the city or coach. He moved on because our direction wasn't aligned with his. Simple and fair. Management clearly isn't playing to his timeline. Countless players have done the same, and under far worse conditions.

CS wanted to start, Kes wanted to play for the cup. Funny how those 2 things might have aligned. I always thought Kes was a bit of a tool, but can't blame him for leaving. Happens every year, if the team wasn't able and/or capable of changing back to a contender, then he was willing to leave. Guys who stayed are obviously more keen with hockey as a career, which is fine, but hardly any more honorable. Don't mistaken players like Bieksa or the twins as being more loyal, they're just more comfortable.

Not like Kes chose to leave because he disliked his teammates, the city or coach. He moved on because our direction wasn't aligned with his. Simple and fair. Management clearly isn't playing to his timeline. Countless players have done the same, and under far worse conditions.

I don't have a problem with him wanting to go to a winner, I do however have a problem with the way he handled it.

I read an article (I wish I could find it again), in it, Benning said that Keslers agent was calling him every morning and every night before bed, pressuring him. Benning stated that sometimes they were yelling matches.

Benning asked if Kesler would be open to expanding his list so the Canucks could get a bit better return and he was told no, he would only go to Chicago or Anaheim.

That shows me that he has zero respect for the team that drafted him, his team mates and all of the canucks fans who supported him.

Remember, Kesler was still under contract and demanded a trade, the team had no obligation to move him. He left the team with no other option, he basically held them hostage, that's what I have a problem with.

Archived