The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Sabres sign Matt Moulson

Seems odd but I think buffalo have a plan. If the get the 1st overall next year combined with some of these moves, they will contend in the East.

Yep. They have Reinhart and very solid youth coming up on D. They'll all be on ELCs so they can afford to toss money at guys

I wouldn't call this over payment hes a solid 1st/2nd liner

I'm thinking this too. I think it was a good deal for both parties. The question is just; why? Why go back?

Edit: NTC was a must for him I guess. Enough movement for him in a year

The trades Bufallo made

BUF

Moulson

2015 first rounder

NYI

Vanek

BUF

Minnesotas 2nd round pick

MIN

Mouslon

is basically Buffalo got a 2015 first rounder a 2nd rounder and Moulson for Vanek, who was a rental player. Thats how you make a trade :bigblush::towel::towel::towel:

Sabres needed to get to the cap floor.

This. But surprised Moulson would go back to Buffalo with their rebuild. Maybe he couldn't get the same money elsewhere with the cap slightly lower than expected and handcuffing some teams.

Buffalo still wont make the playoffs next year

Of course not. That's not what Tim Murray is even aiming for this year, he's flat out said it on more than one occasion.

Right now he's piecemealing a team together to just get to the cap floor. Making the playoffs is the furthest thing from anybody's mind over at First Niagara Center. McDavid or Eichel will look good in a Sabres uniform next year!!

With the Vanek trade Buffalo got NYI 1st round in 2015, NYI 2nd round in 2015, Matt Moulson who was flipped (and apparently resigned) for two more seconds and a Torrey Mitchell.

My god Tim Murray can stock cupboards fast.

Archived