The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Winners/losers of UFA day

Montreal - loser not sure I liked any of their moves

Stars - winner; will be fighting for 4/5 spot in the west

Honorable mention: Tampa has been sharp with moves all week...

Another honorable mention - losers - Vancouver gambled on iginla and failed, they sign a goalie that wasn't our biggest need. All names are gone.

Canucks failed to get better from last year.

I think we won tbh. We just signed a top goalie in the league who's won a vezina. That's a drastic change compared to what we have.

Montreal lost their captain and assistant captain who both eat a ton of minutes. Failure there.

I think we won tbh. We just signed a top goalie in the league who's won a vezina. That's a drastic change compared to what we have.

Montreal lost their captain and assistant captain who both eat a ton of minutes. Failure there.

We were in no way winners of today. If you added in a top-6 scoring winner, then maybe I'd consider saying so...

Benning should have stayed in bed. He threw 9 million into the toilet. Apparently he's been sent here by Boston to totally destroy the Canucks once and for all. [A joke; I think.]He's obviously totally clueless... and in way over his head. Miller and Grabovski will go down in history as the worst choices ever... in both cases they are way beyond their 'best by' date... and only looking for one last contract. (They will now enter coma mode.)

Losers: Winnipeg.

Signed a good contract in Perreault, but so far, every team in the Central has made big moves to upgrade, while Chevy has spent the morning sitting on his hands.

Needs to get another 3rd liner that can score, a LHD and preferably a real goalie.

Montreal - loser not sure I liked any of their moves

Stars - winner; will be fighting for 4/5 spot in the west

Honorable mention: Tampa has been sharp with moves all week...

Another honorable mention - losers - Vancouver gambled on iginla and failed, they sign a goalie that wasn't our biggest need. All names are gone.

Canucks failed to get better from last year.

Not getting Iginla does not mean we are "losers". We didn't need him that badly.

I wasn't aware that Dallas getting Spezza suddenly made them top 4/5.

A goalie wasn't our biggest need, but if management left it alone and only focused on forwards then it may become a problem later. Miller is a solid goalie that can split the season with Lack who has yet to play a full season himself and there's no evidence so far that he'll be good enough to make us cup contenders.

Our prospect pool has improved greatly. Our bottom 6 has gotten a LOT better with Vey/Dorsett and getting rid of Schroeder and Dalpe. We still need a top 6 winger but Canucks are from losers on UFA day for the time being.

Winners: Florida, talk about picking up a lot of bodies. Clearly they are pushing for the playoffs.

Dallas, got Spezza for scraps.

Losers: Leafs. Yuck..how does Nonis keep his job?

Senators: 2nd in 2015, and Chaisson is ok. Not sure about the other two players.

Winnipeg: Yikes, pretty much did nothing just 1 acquisition.

Nashville: Didn't get anyone, Spezza slammed the door in their faces. Ouch.

Everyone else: About even.

We were in no way winners of today. If you added in a top-6 scoring winner, then maybe I'd consider saying so...

I was hoping for Cammalleri personally. 5x5 is what I would have been willing to pay and that's what he went for. Probably the only top 6 forward signed at a reasonable price

Archived