The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ryan Miller Talk

Carl's Jn

I hope he returns to form and that st.louis was just a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time... The fans in buffalo "www.tsn.ca" (its your call) say his glove high and five hole is really bad... I for one think he will prove us wrong and get back to form.. but i want everyone even myself to thing positive for a change... instead of crying the canucks signed a washed up goalie for too much money... lets say dam we got a goalie who is going to make the team better around him because luongo never did that... all he did was blame his teammates for not being in position. all so lets say its miller time baby...and let the good times roll!

The hate in this city is astonishing. I have never seen so much hate in all of my life. I don't know what is going on with this generation but I'm glad this hate is on CDC and not in front of a nuclear button.

Don't these people know that hating is a lazy way of living?

We sign a goalie who's better than Luongo and people here flip out, then say they want Hiller and he's the washed up one.

Oh cdc

Both points are absolutely debatable.

if he returns to form, excellent, we have an elite goalie for 3 years.

if he doesn't, it's not our money, and we have a better chance at landing McDavid.

it's win-win.

And either way all our younger goalies are stuck behind him. That's the only issue I have with this, but we'll have to see when or if he's traded to make room for Lack/Markstrom/Eriksson/etc.

But then all of this has been said twice over in the two different Miller trade threads. How much do we really need to say it again?

better than Luongo? hmmm

one of them won a gold, and one won a silver in a head to head duel which was probably the best game i've ever seen. but miller was the reason the american made it to the gold medal game to begin with.

He's just going through the same scrutiny that Luongo went through, when at the end of the day, was still a very good and capable goaltender.

Im looking forward to watch Miller/Lack as a tandem. If Lack can play as he did as Luis backup, we should have very strong goaltending and solid 1-6 defense next season. Really, if we can get the PP on the right track I see no reason why this team should not be successful.

Hes taken a bad rap over the last couple seasons... Heres some of his work over that time...

@"16" - I know it is. I'm being serious.

@Jack Fig - I still believe in being objective, but am steadily growing tired of the overwhelming level of negativity on these boards.

Don't think of it like that. I'm not into positive/negative just for effect or inner peace or whatever. I like reality in all it's incarnations. As long as you got that, you're fine.

Ryan miller is a good goalie, was the best available, and we got him. I could t be happier we got a vet goalie to help mentor our younger goalies.

All this negativity around here is apauling, dont expect the canucks to make a 180 today or tomorrow. We are building again with younger players and setting a presidence going forward with who we get rid of and who we sign.

Everyone just try and smile :)

Ryan will do well here. He's used to seeing a lot of rubber and does well; very much like Lu. Fans need to understand that Lack needs more time to develop his skills. Being a starter in Van is pressure cooker level of stress. He was 'thrown to the lions' in his rookie season, which was tremendously stressful for him. Lack will be a starter when he is ready to be starter.

Miller is luongo level. People should be happy.

Don't get me wrong lui is and was better. After all he was the best in the league over the last ten years.

That doesn't mean Miller can't be the next best goalie in the following 3 years. I hope he is.

Ryan please fill the void in my heart left by the lui departure. Hockey God's will help us

People want us to tank.

People say it's a bad signing cause Miller sucks.

Does that not help with the tank?

Yeah, I've noticed lots of the people who post that we need to tank every second post, are also the same that post Miller is too old, or too expensive.

Its just trolling when all you do is put down everything, even things that contradict each other.

The way next draft is anything top 10 is good, so I'd rather watch competitive hockey than see buffalo ice AHLers and lose 3 in 4 games. What people fail to understand is that Burrows and the Sedins had one of those off years. Their can be no way the Sedins can be as bad as they were this year. Quote me on it.

Archived