The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kudos to the Sedins

The Honey Badger

Holy crap do any of you read....and understand. The post is dripping with sarcasm from the last sentence. I thought it was a brilliant comeback to an earlier post in the thread. Then again most of you didn't even absorb that.

Nope. He is always trolling the Sedins. Any "Brilliance" you thought you saw with this post was purely coincidental.

Sadly, if they don't bring a Cup to Vancouver they'll never hear the end of it. I already see all the 'soft euro' comments on the Canucks facebook page and how happy everyone is we're drafting 'Good ol' Canadian boys'.

Why would you be reading comments of ignorant fools who don't know anything about hockey. We made the finals and almost won a cup with these 'soft euro' players. I doubt they are even Canucks fans but if they are, they are probably just ignorant.

Personally, I'd rather see my team win with honor... than revell in the kind of crap I saw the Bruins trying to pull-off in these last play-offs. They really are despicable former Champions, in that way. I loved seeing them fail. The irony in all of this ...is how dogmatically the eastern-media tried to paint the Canucks & the Sedins... as villians for 3 months in 2011. The Sedins villians?! Really? It was absurd!

So many ignorant people across North America drank the kool-aid & fell for it. I regularly hear people admitting now how wrong they were,...& what a hatchet job that was. The barrage of emails & protests sent in by sponsers & hockey-fans across Canada, upset by Maclean & Cherry stumping against the Canucks.. was priceless, tho'. It was infuriating watching HNIC villify a Canadian team, in this way. It eventually led to a very sheepish apology by MacLean & repercussions for the lot of them. Glad there will be some fresher pundits at the helm of our hockey broadcasts going forward. It's a new world. Bring it on!

Newsflash: The Sedin's are two hockey players out of 12 forwards, 6 defensemen, and one goalie.

Kane and Toews can't win a cup by themselves. They needed help from other role players, and guys like Seabrook and Keith.

The problem with the Sedins if you look over the past decade, we've at best been a 2 line team. The deepest team we had with proper secondary scoring was back in 2011. They can't do it on their own. Season after season, shift after shift. They are playing the toughest defensemen, and the best forecheckers in the NHL.

If the Sedin's were drafted by Detroit, they'd be on a dynasty team. The fact is Burke, Nonis and Gillis failed to build a better team around them. You can have a Bure on your club, and he can score 60 goals. But if the rest of your players just aren't good enough, you'll never win a cup.

We need a Norris calibre defenseman, and three lines that can score. And have the depth to call up guys from the farm if we have injuries and contribute. Not just guys that skate around and chew up 5-6 minutes on the fourth line doing nothing.

Well said!!

The Sedins are getting paid for next 4 years and not going anywhere unless they say so. I'd be quiet and sip my cocktails on the beach too.

Except it's the Sedins so they are most likely sipping vitamin water at the gym.

I think the Sedins have a lot of reasons to be happy with the direction management has taken.

They've added a franchise goaltender to a highly talented young starting quality goaltender.

They've added a top six, two way scoring winger. There are three very viable options to play with the Sedins - Vrbata, Burrows and Kassian.

There is much more depth in the bottom six and in the prospect pool than in quite a long time.

There are a number of quality young blueliners in the mix - Tanev, Stanton, Corrado and Sbisa round out the veteran presence very nicely.

Management has made haste and provided them with a supporting cast that can help them win a lot of games. I am happy for the Sedins, who can make the most of their remaining opportunities on a team that has wasted no time making itself very competitive.

Say what you will about the Sedin's but they are two of the classiest players in the NHL. They do a ton for their community and have always been great role models for the young kids that look up to them. Not sure where the "whiner" and "complainer" thing started. Look at the pengirls, that whole organization complains after a rough game like hockey isn't supposed to be a contact sport. They aren't hardnosed, rough and tough players so I see where some cheeky bastard came up with the "sisters" comments. Still, they've displayed nothing but class their entire careers and both deserve their jerseys retired.

Newsflash: The Sedin's are two hockey players out of 12 forwards, 6 defensemen, and one goalie.

Kane and Toews can't win a cup by themselves. They needed help from other role players, and guys like Seabrook and Keith.

The problem with the Sedins if you look over the past decade, we've at best been a 2 line team. The deepest team we had with proper secondary scoring was back in 2011. They can't do it on their own. Season after season, shift after shift. They are playing the toughest defensemen, and the best forecheckers in the NHL.

If the Sedin's were drafted by Detroit, they'd be on a dynasty team. The fact is Burke, Nonis and Gillis failed to build a better team around them. You can have a Bure on your club, and he can score 60 goals. But if the rest of your players just aren't good enough, you'll never win a cup.

We need a Norris calibre defenseman, and three lines that can score. And have the depth to call up guys from the farm if we have injuries and contribute. Not just guys that skate around and chew up 5-6 minutes on the fourth line doing nothing.

Too much logic.....minds are frying.

You are just giving more fodder to critics who say the Sedins don't want the Cup bad enough.

OP is not saying that at all.. You are injecting your own meaning. He is simply complimenting them for their respect of the situation and displaying the good character they are made of and I agree with him. They both show continually they are leaders and team players

I think the Sedins have a lot of reasons to be happy with the direction management has taken.

They've added a franchise goaltender to a highly talented young starting quality goaltender.

They've added a top six, two way scoring winger. There are three very viable options to play with the Sedins - Vrbata, Burrows and Kassian.

There is much more depth in the bottom six and in the prospect pool than in quite a long time.

There are a number of quality young blueliners in the mix - Tanev, Stanton, Corrado and Sbisa round out the veteran presence very nicely.

Management has made haste and provided them with a supporting cast that can help them win a lot of games. I am happy for the Sedins, who can make the most of their remaining opportunities on a team that has wasted no time making itself very competitive.

Now to address the rest of the Canucks coaching-staff. I hope Johnston doesn't lure Travis away. When will we be learning how these appointments shake-down?

Say what you will about the Sedin's but they are two of the classiest players in the NHL. They do a ton for their community and have always been great role models for the young kids that look up to them. Not sure where the "whiner" and "complainer" thing started. Look at the pengirls, that whole organization complains after a rough game like hockey isn't supposed to be a contact sport. They aren't hardnosed, rough and tough players so I see where some cheeky bastard came up with the "sisters" comments. Still, they've displayed nothing but class their entire careers and both deserve their jerseys retired.

The Sedins will be Hockey Hall-of-Famers. I'll be happy to book a flight to see their installtion... when it happens, too,

They are invisible in the playoffs, how can you say they deserve a cup?

Not true. Daniel almost got 'em past LA... after he returned to the line-up post-concussion. He was the team's best performer out there.., and had chances. Quick was just so bad-ass. Edler's brain farts ended-up costing them. And - if they werent calling pops to the face as roughing in the 2011 Final,... they weren't calling holding, slashing, tripping & interference much - either then. Tim Thomas' equipment says hi, btw!

The Sedins are honorable...& they dont cheat to win. If you wanna hold that against 'em...go ahead.

They stand-up and take it, & when the cheaters who try to contain them are called-out, the Sedins get their room & their magic back! No one on the team... but maybe Santo, Tanev & Richardson,..had their proper gears last season. Torts was a team-wrecker & not a team-builder. Even the trust-worthy Sedins couldn't sell him to their 'mates, after awhile.

Henrik Sedin has never been nor will ever be NHL captain material. He's compassionate but not passionate. He lacks the killer instinct to be a leader that others will follow over the top. The Canucks haven't had such a captain in years!!!!

persoanlly, If I played in the NHL.. as much as I would like to win a cup, everyone likes to win, but it's still not everything. If I was happy with the team I was playing for and my family was happy where we were I wouldn't feel the need to change all that just to win the cup. I would be happy playing the game I love, in a city I love with my family happily at my side.

I feel the same way, if I played in the NHL I'd want to win the Cup of course, no doubt about that, but if I landed in Vancouver I'd never leave, contender or no and I admire the Sedin's for their loyalty as well, it's hard to come by these days.

Archived