The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van-CBJ

Van: Johansen

CBJ: Horvat, Edler, Tanev, 2nd 2016

We get a young budding 6'3 1st line center from BC. They get some solid pieces back (potential 2c, edler could use a change of scenery and we would need cap space to sign johansen, young steady top-4 D, 2nd rounder

Only thing is eddie would have to waive his NTC but he would have some good talent to play with like murray, johnson, tanev, savard etc.

Thoughts?

We get a young budding 6'3 1st line center from BC. They get some solid pieces back (potential 2c, edler could use a change of scenery and we would need cap space to sign johansen, young steady top-4 D, 2nd rounder

Only thing is eddie would have to waive his NTC but he would have some good talent to play with like murray, johnson, tanev, savard etc.

Thoughts?

At Horvat i'm like "ok don't really want to give him up" then at Edler i'm like "woah holy *&#$ Edler and Horvat?" then at Tanev i'm like HOLY &^$* THIS GUY IS CRAZY! HORVAT, EDLER, AND TANEV!?!?" then i'm sitting here about to look at the next piece, and when I see it's a 2nd I just start crying and shaking my head.

At Horvat i'm like "ok don't really want to give him up" then at Edler i'm like "woah holy *&#$ Edler and Horvat?" then at Tanev i'm like HOLY &^$* THIS GUY IS CRAZY! HORVAT, EDLER, AND TANEV!?!?" then i'm sitting here about to look at the next piece, and when I see it's a 2nd I just start crying and shaking my head.

we have a glut of players who could easily be 2c in horvat, mccann, gaunce, vey, cassels and its very unlikely horvat will turn to a 1c. Edler is needed cap space for RJ and still holds some value. Tanev is rumoured on the move already and a 2nd to sweeten an already good package. Johansen is worth it and you cant just offer up raymond ballard and a 1st. Oh wait..

we have a glut of players who could easily be 2c in horvat, mccann, gaunce, vey, cassels and its very unlikely horvat will turn to a 1c. Edler is needed cap space for RJ and still holds some value. Tanev is rumoured on the move already and a 2nd to sweeten an already good package. Johansen is worth it and you cant just offer up raymond ballard and a 1st. Oh wait..

You do have a point. Gaunce, Horvat, McCann, Vey, Cassels, Lain.. All prospects and yet all are centers. However I'd rather keep Horvat and give Gaunce. I think with Horvat we are kind of over paying. And I'd rather keep Horvat than Gaunce to be honest. Vey can play wing as that is his natural position but can play well at center. Cassels is probably our future 3rd line center. But McCann, is he able to play wing?

Anyways I think Gaunce would be a better option. But even with Gaunce, are we still over paying..? Our defense core is going to stink. Two of our top 4 dman in Edler and Tanev, and Gaunce and a 2016 2nd? How is our d going to bounce back after?

Hamhuis/Bieksa

? / ?

Sbisa/Corrado?

Stanton/Weber(depth).

I don't know about this trade though still.

Thoughts?

Only bad thoughts, sorry.

Archived