The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal Van- Chi

This is my first proposal ever but tanev seems to want to much.

IMO Vancouver should look to trade either burrows, with tanev, and/or markstrom with a second 2015 to try and acquire hometown guy Brent Seabrook. Not sure what it would take to try and acquire him but maybe we have something to try and puck up one of there top D as they need cap space. Whether that mean we have to retain a quarter of burrows contract. Reason I put burrows in it is he has a chance to win a Stanley cup and stay in the west.

Opinions anyone?

A Seabrook trade is not happening. The Hawks aren't going to move any core pieces during this cup window. Leddy, Versteeg and Bickell are the only players I think the Hawks would consider moving. Versteeg more so than Bickell.

A Seabrook trade is not happening. The Hawks aren't going to move any core pieces during this cup window. Leddy, Versteeg and Bickell are the only players I think the Hawks would consider moving. Versteeg more so than Bickell.

Only reason I think Chicago would be interested in trading a top four D Man because they would be getting a solid and cheaper Top four D and be able to make some cap space while not breaking there core but maybe adding to there core. It doesn't necessarily have to be Seabrook but I was more fishing on other options ppl could come up with on trading for a dman from Chicago because of there cap space problem

• 2 weeks later...

Would sure be nice to get Seabrook (not that he appears to want to be traded - though with Kane and Toews now eating up close to a third of their cap space working with Chicago makes sense - they are going to lose some of their players when their good entry level deal players get hefty raises). Maybe if you added Edler they would be interested. In 2016 this sort of deal could be possible.

Would sure be nice to get Seabrook (not that he appears to want to be traded - though with Kane and Toews now eating up close to a third of their cap space working with Chicago makes sense - they are going to lose some of their players when their good entry level deal players get hefty raises). Maybe if you added Edler they would be interested. In 2016 this sort of deal could be possible.

So, to solve their cap problems they take on Edler and his $5.M cap hit?

Give your head a shake.

Archived