The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Tyler Myers

I saw a thread on here that Vancouver may be interested in Myers, most people were proposing Tanev, but I saw on person say they need prospect wingers the most, so:

To Buffalo:

-Shinkaruk

-Burrows (tell him it's that or 4th line time)

If needed Hansen

To Vancouver:

-Myers

Canucks aren't as strong offensively so they'll have to be a defensively based team, so better to add to the defensive depth.

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata

Jensen-Bonino-Kassian

Higgins-Horvat-Vey

Matthias-Richardson-Hansen/Dorsett

Hamhuis/Myers

Edler/Tanev

Sbisa/Bieska

Miller

Lack

Its up to Desjardins whether he wants Burrows to play 4th line minutes or not. Benning doesn't decide that. So telling Burrows 4th line minutes or get out, is basically like saying eat junk food, or die. No options.

I saw a thread on here that Vancouver may be interested in Myers, most people were proposing Tanev, but I saw on person say they need prospect wingers the most, so:

To Buffalo:

-Shinkaruk

-Burrows (tell him it's that or 4th line time)

If needed Hansen

To Vancouver:

-Myers

Canucks aren't as strong offensively so they'll have to be a defensively based team, so better to add to the defensive depth.

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata

Jensen-Bonino-Kassian

Higgins-Horvat-Vey

Matthias-Richardson-Hansen/Dorsett

Hamhuis/Myers

Edler/Tanev

Sbisa/Bieska

Miller

Lack

5.5 M per year for a 24 year old Dman who has not found his way yet. Meyers has been up and down. I would not mind a guy like Derek Morris and what he might bring the team rather than Meyers.

Why don't we just find a solid partner for Edler? He doesn't want to leave, he's already a similar player to Myers and we wouldn't need to compromise the young depth accumulated for another underachiever who, despite being young, is mistake-prone.

Its up to Desjardins whether he wants Burrows to play 4th line minutes or not. Benning doesn't decide that. So telling Burrows 4th line minutes or get out, is basically like saying eat junk food, or die. No options.

Perhaps Burrows' options have to be limited by default of time passing by and other players better fit to shoe a foot.

I see Burrows as a 3rd liner and a great third liner at that. We'll see what is in store for Burrows soon enough.

Archived