The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks interested in Berglund Tanev in play (Rumour)

if i signed up for a twitter account right now and said the canucks were going to trade the sedins straight up for cal clutterbuck it would be an equally valid rumour as this one.

true.. i am just following twitter and saw it...

Guys nonononono.

This Taj guy is a troll, he and his buddies do this weekly, one starts the rumour then it gets retweeted until CDC picks it up. We know better... I hope.

Oh it's taj? Didn't see that. Thanks.

Lock this up.

Don't think so. They bowed out in round one because of a lack of scoring depth due to their ill-advised trade for Miller and Ott. Tanev for Berglund doesn't help that.

Which is why they acquired Statsny.

Berglund is irrelevant now in St.Louis.

Don't understand why they would trade Berglund. Both teams would fill one hole but create another it would seem.

3.7 mil for a third line center is too much though.

The Blues have young forward prospects that can step up.

if i signed up for a twitter account right now and said the canucks were going to trade the sedins straight up for cal clutterbuck it would be an equally valid rumour as this one.

Seriously? I thought the Sedins were staying!

Oh my god! Clusterfluck!

Hold on... My sources are telling me we've got a Sbisa+2016 6th rounder FOR Alex Ovechkin deal in the works. Doesn't sound like any other pieces are involved.

(I read it on Twitter by the way.)

get a few more posts and learn the way... its not locked for a reason...

This is not valid source, seriously check before you post rumours or anything instead of trying to be the next VC.

you know what a rumour is right?? do we seriously need to check and recheck for rumours... i am not trying to be the next vc but just starting a new thread didn't know that wasn't allowed...

you know what a rumour is right?? do we seriously need to check and recheck for rumours... i am not trying to be the next vc but just starting a new thread didn't know that wasn't allowed...

From the Board Rules

The following are NOT considered valid sources:

Any links to posts or threads on other message boards

Any links to personal blogs

Any news heard on the radio that does not have a link to an audio vault or podcast

Any news seen on television that does not have a link to online video

Any news spread by word of mouth

A tweet from a random person is basically this.

You look at what Armstrong has done in STL and have to marvel at how well he's managed their cap. Only two key guys they need to sign for this season is Schwarz and Sobotka and for next season Jackman and Tarasenko.

STL doesn't have a whole lot of needs at this point in time...maybe some scoring, but they seem to have the guys that have the offensive capabilities up front (Steen, Oshie, Tarasenko, Schwarz).

I wonder what it would take to get Berglund and Shattenkirk out of STL? Would Tanev, Hansen, Burrows/Higgins and Gaunce do it?

Of course, this would all be subject to Canucks NTC waiving.

Archived