Canucks Community

Offer Sheets?

Cap Hit of offer sheet Draft Pick Compensation

$1,110,249 or below None

Over $1,110,249 to $1,682,194 Third-round pick

Over $1,682,194 to $3,364,391 Second-round pick

Over $3,364,391 to $5,046,585 First-round and third-round pick

Over $5,046,585 to $6,728,781 First-round, second-round and third-round pick

Over $6,728,781 to $8,410,976 Two first-round picks, second-round pick, third-round pick

Over $8,410,976 Four first-round picks

List of RFA's that I thought were half decent, who would you give an offer sheet? how much would you be willing to give up? why do you think the Canucks should do so?

Jakob Silfverberg LW RFA ANA

Devante Smith-Pelly RW RFA ANA

Torey Krug D RFA BOS

Tyler Ennis C RFA BUF

Ryan Johansen C RFA CBJ

Lance Bouma LW RFA CGY

Joe Colborne C RFA CGY

Ryan O'Reilly C RFA COL

Tyson Barrie D RFA COL

Jeff Petry D RFA EDM

Justin Schultz D RFA EDM

Erik Gudbranson D RFA FLA

Dmitry Kulikov D RFA FLA

Dwight King LW RFA LAK

Jonathon Blum D RFA MIN

Nino Niederreiter RW RFA MIN

Lars Eller C RFA MTL

P.K. Subban D RFA MTL

Ryan Ellis D RFA NSH

Derick Brassard C RFA NYR

Mats Zuccarello-Aasen LW RFA NYR

Brandon Sutter C RFA PIT

Jason Demers D RFA SJS

Jaden Schwartz LW RFA STL

Vladimir Sobotka C RFA STL

Brett Connolly RW RFA TBL

Cody Franson D RFA TOR

Jake Gardiner D RFA TOR

Just to let you know I got the list from Spotrac.com.

Lets see where this goes, if anywhere.

Edited.

Offer sheets are dumb, teams will match unless its stupid, then its stupid and you don't want to do it!

Only players I would ever see it worth it are players like Stamkos, a player I never understood why the leafs didn't offer sheet him for 10 mil.

Markham kid, 10 mil a year for the 3rd best player in the league, at home? Tampa may have let him go for that price...at worst Toronto would have handcuffed them, a competitor....

It seldom works and simply drives up salaries, thus the reason Burkey and most GMs hate them

If JB actually did an offer sheet, his reputation around the league would hit the floor in a matter of seconds

Exactly.. This is what happened to MG with his offer-sheet fiasco around his first year. I think that rumour of GM's and players not liking Gillis become true near the end of his tenure as we weren't trading with many different teams other then our usual trading partners. Look at the teams we have traded with now (Rangers, La Kings, etc..). JB has given the Canucks a clean slate among other GM's and players.

We probably wouldn't of had Miller or Vrbata if Gillis was still around. The only high profile players he acquired via free agency were Sundin and Demitra.

The thing is, w/ most of the offer sheets, you need to overpay in terms of $, and then in terms of picks. Most of the time, a team will match as well and it also doesn't exactly make u friends w/ the GM of the other team.

Gillis offer sheeted Backes, but it was matched.

Gillis blew it, he should have made a deal for Johansen either at the draft or shortly afterwords.

According to CapGeek, Columbus has $15 Million in space.

We can offer $10 million, and they can still match easily. We don't have the cap room.

Besides Benning is a rookie GM. He doesn't want to make enemies right off the bat.

To put it bluntly, offer sheets are a waste of time, and they should have removed them from the last collective agreement.

Offer sheets are dumb, teams will match unless its stupid, then its stupid and you don't want to do it!

Only players I would ever see it worth it are players like Stamkos, a player I never understood why the leafs didn't offer sheet him for 10 mil.

Markham kid, 10 mil a year for the 3rd best player in the league, at home? Tampa may have let him go for that price...at worst Toronto would have handcuffed them, a competitor....

It seldom works and simply drives up salaries, thus the reason Burkey and most GMs hate them

If JB actually did an offer sheet, his reputation around the league would hit the floor in a matter of seconds

I completely understand thats why people stay away from them. I get it, but I didn't ask for your opinions on offer sheets. I asked for you to choose an RFA, state what you'd be willing to give up ,and give your reason as to why the Canucks should do it. If you don't want to do that, then thats fine, but this isn't a 'discussion' on wether or not you like offer sheets.

I want to hear peoples opinions on what RFA's they'd like and what they'd be willing to do to get them.

This is in Arm ChairGM'ing right. :)

Horvat, 2015 first, Tanev, Burrows. I'd try to avoid giving up the 1st if I could though.

Awesome, ok, so scrap the first, now what do you think those players are worth as draft picks? As in, is Tanev worth a 3rd round pick? 2nd maybe?

Your honest opinion.

Awesome, ok, so scrap the first, now what do you think those players are worth as draft picks? As in, is Tanev worth a 3rd round pick? 2nd maybe?

Your honest opinion.

Horvat = 1st, Burrows = late 1st, Tanev = 2nd. I definitely include the 1st if needed though. We'd be a legit contender with him on our D.

Horvat = 1st, Burrows = late 1st, Tanev = 2nd. I definitely include the 1st if needed though. We'd be a legit contender with him on our D.

Ok, so here's what I'm getting at. Right now you're giving up what you believe are players who are in total worth, two first's and a second round pick, wether your right or wrong is besides the point. Im asking you then would you not be willing to Offer sheet Subban for anywhere in the ball park range of $6.7mil-$8.4mil? You're basically giving up the same thing, only one extra 3rd rounder.

(Over $6,728,781 to $8,410,976 Two first-round picks, second-round pick, third-round pick)

Archived