The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Offer Sheets?

Ok, so here's what I'm getting at. Right now you're giving up what you believe are players who are in total worth, two first's and a second round pick, wether your right or wrong is besides the point. Im asking you then would you not be willing to Offer sheet Subban for anywhere in the ball park range of $6.7mil-$8.4mil? You're basically giving up the same thing, only one extra 3rd rounder.

(Over $6,728,781 to $8,410,976 Two first-round picks, second-round pick, third-round pick)

Compensation and pick wise, yes. I still wouldn't do it due to the perception of offer sheets around the league.

Well the thing with offer sheets is that its kinda a no-no for GMs to do cuz the belief is that if you don't offer sheet other team's players other teams wont offer sheet your players.

But if we throw that out the window I would definitely offer sheet Johansen

K, throw it out the window.

We're ArmChair GM'ing. What would your offer sheet be? And why do you think the Canucks should get Johansen over any other player? what is it about him specifically?

LA has 2 good RFAs, one being being Dwight King the other being Brayden McNabb. McNabb is a very good player and they only

have 1 NHL roster spot left. They'd probably get rid of Jordan Nolan to get them both under contract but we should offer sheet those 2 players each $1,110,249.

Or Boston, they have some really good young players, Matt Fraser, Justin Florek, Matt Bartkowski we could give them $1,110,249 too. It'd cost nothing and Boston can't afford to give those players 1.1 million.

Another guy I would go for is Chris Kreider, I'd love to throw $3,364,391 just to see if they match or not, if they match whatever we screwed Sather over.

Benning won't offer sheet anyone though.

None of them. It wouldn't be worth it piss off another GM and make the GMs we don't do it to wary of any dealings with us. Besides, unless we go truly stupid with our offer, they'll just match it any way.

Even if we offer the player over 8.5 million, and it goes through, we've just hobbled our drafting for the next four years. Not to be too morbid, but what happens if we were to offer sheet for Johansen and he dies somehow? The team is screwed.

It's been thrown around a lot on these boards that it looks like Johansen wants out of Columbus as soon as he hits UFA. That's what, 4 years from now? If we're patient, we could get a peaking Johansen for nothing on the free market.

Compensation and pick wise, yes. I still wouldn't do it due to the perception of offer sheets around the league.

Im not asking you about the perception of Offer sheets around the league. I know what it is. You answered my original posts question, so thank you. P.K Subban, and you'd be willing to offer him a contract between $6.7Mil and $8.4Mil which would in turn mean we give them two firsts, a second and a third. Now I just want to know why Subban over say a Tyson Barrie or Torey Krug? You probably wouldn't have to give as much for them. What specifically? other then he's really good of course, because we all know that. :)

Hello All,

I posted this in ArmChair GM'ing for a reason. Benning is going to do, what he's going to do.

I didn't ask what you think he was going to do. I asked, what you would do?

who would you give an offer sheet? how much would you be willing to give up? why do you think the Canucks should do so?

​I would love to hear peoples opinions on who and why, rather then opinions on offer sheets themselves. We all know how they're viewed by the league, and that was never what I was getting at in the first place, I hope I cleared that up.

Im not asking you about the perception of Offer sheets around the league. I know what it is. You answered my original posts question, so thank you. P.K Subban, and you'd be willing to offer him a contract between $6.7Mil and $8.4Mil which would in turn mean we give them two firsts, a second and a third. Now I just want to know why Subban over say a Tyson Barrie or Torey Krug? You probably wouldn't have to give as much for them. What specifically? other then he's really good of course, because we all know that. :)

Well, yeah, then you're just talking "pick the best player(s) available" here..

It would obviously be Subban/Johansen.. Subban because he's a Norris winner (forget about what needs you have and stuff any team would gladly take Subban in) and Johansen because he's the best FWD there.

Archived