The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Moving to Ladner...any advice?

Hey guys,

So my family and I will be moving to Ladner quite soon. Just wondering if any of you are living or have lived there before?

My questions are

1) Which are the times that have the least amount of traffic by the Massey Tunnel?

2) Have you experienced any incidences of breakins or car theft?

Thanks!

Ladner is a nice little bedroom community with little crime.

But that tunnel...oh that tunnel.

As said above, even after 8:30 am is a lot better than the morning rush between 6:00 and 8:30.

The counterflow lane for the morning rush is usually taken out around 9:00 am and goes back in for the afternoon rush around 3:30. Lineups southbound start building back to Blundell around 2:30 pm.

Actually Richmond would be gone too, but English Bluff in Tsawwassen would definitely survive.

If I have to choose between quickly drowning in a beautiful pristine, lower traffic, kind and thoughtful community like South Delta, or slowly dying for years in the rat races of Richmond, Surrey and Burnaby, I'm pretty at peace with my choice.

Thanks for all the replies everyone!

Moving to Ladner...any advice?

Don't.

Haha what makes you say that? Have you lived there before?

Wait till they finish building the new bridge.

I heard the construction starts 2017. Do you think it will finish by around 2020?

Actually Richmond would be gone too, but English Bluff in Tsawwassen would definitely survive.

If I have to choose between quickly drowning in a beautiful pristine, lower traffic, kind and thoughtful community like South Delta, or slowly dying for years in the rat races of Richmond, Surrey and Burnaby, I'm pretty at peace with my choice.

Yea I noticed that too. I feel that Richmond, Surrey, and Burnaby does not have that community vibe to it and is also a chaotic mess when it comes to traffic. I just worry about the long commute that the South Delta residents have to experience everyday.

Don't use Fraser Elliot

Is that the realtor dude? We used the Scott Walker realtor group instead.

Archived