The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Linden Vey accepts qualifying offer

Matthias and Richardson both play heavy PK minutes and Richardson's faceoff % means he'll be taking defensive zone draws an awful lot.

Just watch and you will see Vey take those PK minutes from Matthias. It is a huge advantage to have a right shooting centre to take draws on their strong side.

I wonder what Tony Gallagher is going to say about Vey's contract? Wasn't TG talking about a doomsday scenario where Vey was going to play hardball because he was the only RHC on the roster?

When will Gallagher stop talking out of his @$$?

Great signing...I think Vey is going to play a big role on the Canucks this coming season.

good signing, but I think we need another top rated D man not another forward!

If you want to have Higgins or Jensen permanently playing on the second line due to that gaping hole, sure. Truth is we still need a second liner. Our defence is decent.

Need him to step in as the 3c so Horvat gets another year of seasoning in junior and improves his skating even more.

No need to rush any prospects including Jensen and Corrado really.

Fully agree. Bring Bo up for a few games maybe a few others here and there throughout the season. Let's build this mutha right :D

I wonder what Tony Gallagher is going to say about Vey's contract? Wasn't TG talking about a doomsday scenario where Vey was going to play hardball because he was the only RHC on the roster?

Great signing...I think Vey is going to play a big role on the Canucks this coming season.

I think I like Vey even more now that he trolled the cryptkeeper so hard.....lol

Do not even waste the energy thinking about TG's inflammatory and propaganda like reporting.

Am really hopeing he does excellent cause right now i have him pensilled on the third line and kassian in the second but if vey does amazeing check out these second and third lines

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Jensen Bonino Vey

Burrows Matthias Kass

Doorset Richardson Hansen

But i think Kass deservs a shot at more offense and see him on 2R

If you want to have Higgins or Jensen permanently playing on the second line due to that gaping hole, sure. Truth is we still need a second liner. Our defence is decent.

To me we do need a forward,but looking back last couple years plus we havn't had a good D man that could clear the front of the net and we got scored on lots cause of it.We would do better getting another 6'4" plus D man that is a stay at home D man that can out work players for the puck!We have lots of young players who if step up can play on the second line if they have a good year more then we do for a D man!

This team needs a shutdown RH defenseman with some size and a top six left wing. Those are the needs then its tweaking after that. Could be interesting if they can get one or both of those needs filled. If they gel and Miller is the Miller of old, anything is possible. But 2nd line LW (maybe Jensen or Shinkaruk surprise) and a top pair shutdown D are a must in my opinion.

Archived