The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Steve Ott Re-sign with STL

Pretty upset we didn't go after him but I guess we have lots of centres anyways. Not that the Blues don't... Either way I probably wouldn't have been happy if we gave him 2.6 a year for 2 years.

Was hoping he'd follow Miller though.

It was rumoured that he initially was waiting out on St. Louis because he wanted a longer term contract. Then it came out a couple days ago that the Blues lost interest. Guess he looked at his options and realized that nobody was going to offer him more than a year or two.

I was hoping that the Sabres were going to re-sign him, but it looks like Murray couldn't get rid of the winger that he was trying to trade off.

Pretty upset we didn't go after him but I guess we have lots of centres anyways. Not that the Blues don't... Either way I probably wouldn't have been happy if we gave him 2.6 a year for 2 years.

Was hoping he'd follow Miller though.

I'm glad we didn't go after him

I'm glad we didn't go after him

Yeah, Ott is extremely over-rated, and an odd personality to be adding to any mix.

Horrible undelying numbers last year, not a very good puck possession player, was -12 with only 3 points in 23 games in St Louis - never really liked him, and his last season only re-emphasises that the Canucks dodged a bullet if in fact they were looking to acquire him. I too am relieved that never happened. Sobotka on the other hand would have been a hell of an addition.

I would have loved Ott for the rebuild. SabresFan wanted him back in Buffalo, so I'm suspecting he did a pretty good job as captain with their kids. He'd be a good replacement for Kesler on the defensive side as a guy who can kill penalties, irritate the other team, and willing to drop the mitts. Good signing.

Archived