The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Kontinental Haxball League (Season 3.5)

Likewise

hm. Why not do the draft like this?

Rounds 1-4/5: Teams draft only from the 'senior' list. This ensures that every team gets an equal number of players who we know are committed. This should make it so we don't have as many 3v3 games/games in which one or both teams don't show up.

Rounds after/when senior list is empty: Teams are able to pick from the wait list. This helps make the league less exclusive. I don't see how having more people will hurt at all, and I like these leagues to be casual and enjoyable for everyone. Putting someone on a list and asking them to join only if needed isn't going to give them much incentive to play.

Although it's kind of an arbitrary restriction considering most teams will avoid drafting the new players and players they've never seen early on regardless.

e: if the problem is having a multiple of three so that all teams get the same amount of players, ideally all captains would agree not to be upset at one or two teams getting an extra. Otherwise we can still hold another round right now with Swee/BHB/VIC.

hm. Why not do the draft like this?

Rounds 1-4/5: Teams draft only from the 'senior' list. This ensures that every team gets an equal number of players who we know are committed. This should make it so we don't have as many 3v3 games/games in which one or both teams don't show up.

Rounds after/when senior list is empty: Teams are able to pick from the wait list. This helps make the league less exclusive. I don't see how having more people will hurt at all, and I like these leagues to be casual and enjoyable for everyone. Putting someone on a list and asking them to join only if needed isn't going to give them much incentive to play.

Although it's kind of an arbitrary restriction considering most teams will avoid drafting the new players and players they've never seen early on regardless.

e: if the problem is having a multiple of three so that all teams get the same amount of players, ideally all captains would agree not to be upset at one or two teams getting an extra. Otherwise we can still hold another round right now with Swee/BHB/VIC.

This is a good proposition actually. We're still looking for about 5 more senior members but I can definitely see this being implemented after.

The draft order has also been figured out.

Gally has 1st overall.

Otis has 2nd overall.

JE has 3rd overall.

Though after sleeping on it, Gally you're gonna have to change your team name.

Archived