The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Columbus Blue Jackets extend Brandon Dubinsky

Plum

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=726009

COLUMBUS, OHIO The Columbus Blue Jackets have signed center Brandon Dubinsky to a six-year contract extension through the 2020-21 National Hockey League season, club General Manager Jarmo Kekalainen announced today. As is club policy, further terms were not disclosed.

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 6m

Dubinsky deal's in Columbus: $5.85 M AAV per year and includes no-move, no-trade clauses

I don't think it's that laughable. 2nd overall in points (for forwards) only to Johanssen and plays the game tough. Horton's contract sucks compared to this and wait till you see Kesler's next contract

Almost 6 mil per with a bunch of clauses that limit CBJ for a guy who has maxed out at 54 points?

Its bad business. Guess I can see now why ROR is pissed at the Avs.

Almost 6 mil per with a bunch of clauses that limit CBJ for a guy who has maxed out at 54 points?

Its bad business. Guess I can see now why ROR is pissed at the Avs.

Points aren't everything. I swear everyone thinks the cap is still at $39 million. It's at $70 mil and rising every season. Dubinsky is a leader on that team and plays the game the right way. Good for cbj to lock up a key part of thier team

It's not that bad but these contracts where they are giving out term and top dollar are so bad for business.

The problem is that the GM's have no culpability. They sign these huge contracts and then walk away years before the expire and screw the team over, and by then the GM is working for a competitor with no penalty whatsoever.

It does seem a little high, but it's OK, the cap will continue to go up....until the cost of running a team becomes so high that a ticket will be unaffordable...errrrr, I mean even more unaffordable??

Archived