The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thoughts from the prairies

TheClearingStick

First and foremost, I'd like to say I'm a true Canucks fan and I bleed blue and green. I've read this forum for many years and have never made a topic before. I'm shocked to read that I can create 100 posts a day. (Maybe 100 a year for this guy)

I supported the Moose and stayed true to the Canucks when the beloved Jets came back to town. I lost multiple bets in 08-09, got chirped hard in 2010 and 2011 and picked my battles in 2012-13. I even rock Canucks jerseys in WPG and come fully prepared to stick up for the guys @ "The Phone Booth". I almost got projectile vomited on this year (sticking up for VAN), but I chose to ignore the fool instead. (Always follow your gut feeling heh)

I thought MG got some decent deals and found some real gems. For every good deal he made, he probably chased away some talent and squandered more trades than we'll ever know.

I found Torts entertaining in NY and supported his hire. It was apparent he was a 1 trick pony early on with us though. He seemed emotionally invested but unintelligible and lost when things weren't going our way.

Anyways, I'm here to say I'm happy with the new direction of the team and impressed with JB and #16 at the helm. WD seems like the right coach for our group and we have some great young talent to make the jump in the next few years.

Some of you should cheer up.. or go outside. It's mentally exhausting reading some of the crap on here.

The only other change I'd make; given our new identity, is a new jersey. Johnny Canuck anyone?

Happy Weekend!

TheClearingStick

First and foremost, I'd like to say I'm a true Canucks fan and I bleed blue and green. I've read this forum for many years and have never made a topic before. I'm shocked to read that I can create 100 posts a day. (Maybe 100 a year for this guy)

I supported the Moose and stayed true to the Canucks when the beloved Jets came back to town. I lost multiple bets in 08-09, got chirped hard in 2010 and 2011 and picked my battles in 2012-13. I even rock Canucks jerseys in WPG and come fully prepared to stick up for the guys @ "The Phone Booth". I almost got projectile vomited on this year (sticking up for VAN), but I chose to ignore the fool instead. (Always follow your gut feeling heh)

I thought MG got some decent deals and found some real gems. For every good deal he made, he probably chased away some talent and squandered more trades than we'll ever know.

I found Torts entertaining in NY and supported his hire. It was apparent he was a 1 trick pony early on with us though. He seemed emotionally invested but unintelligible and lost when things weren't going our way.

Anyways, I'm here to say I'm happy with the new direction of the team and impressed with JB and #16 at the helm. WD seems like the right coach for our group and we have some great young talent to make the jump in the next few years.

Some of you should cheer up.. or go outside. It's mentally exhausting reading some of the crap on here.

The only other change I'd make; given our new identity, is a new jersey. Johnny Canuck anyone?

Happy Weekend!

TheClearingStick

Some of the smartest hockey fans are from Winnipeg (I grew up there so I am obviously biased)...nice post. You have to understand, we are influenced by some of the most negative sports journalists in the world, here in Vancouver.

You gotta admit, some of the "cr@p" you read on here may be exhausting, but they're pretty dang entertaining...don't ya think?

Anyways, watch out for the mosquitoes...sure don't miss those nasty critters.

I guess I burned out and didn't click attach on my image. This is from when the Canucks came to town in March. It's a pet peeve of mine when you wear a home jersey to an away game haha so I bought this for th game. I managed to meet Kesler, Kassian, Garrison, Bieksa, Tanev, Sestito, Stanton, Archibald, Edler, Higgins, Garrison, Jensen, Mattias and Markstrom. Tanev is super quiet, Markstrom was hilarious and Sestito sucks at blackjack.

I got burned by Kassian. I was so drunk and happy to get an autograph, that I said "great game tonight". He replied with "I'm suspended" HAHA I knew that too. D'oh!

post-61359-0-68894800-1405117615_thumb.j

lol. I used to wear canucks shirts all the time when I lived in wpg, didn't take that much crap for it tho. I did hear a whole lot of when the Jets were here..... blah,blah, blah.

and I do know that 'peggers talk a lot of trash ( being a rider fan in wpg when the riders won the cup in 07 was well dangerous at times: I wore a champions t shirt one day and a guy told me he was going to rip the shirt off me and burn it. :/ )

I do agree with you that some of the threads get a bit exhausting.

And I love Johnny Canuck and would welcome that.

oh and lol at your story^ very good.

I wish the team would just make white versions of their third jerseys and relegate the orca jersey to a third jersey.

Just go with the modernized versions of the original, classic Canucks jerseys and don't change them for years to come.

Ever notice how the original six franchises more or less keep their standard jerseys? That's the real way to build a brand, no more new jerseys every 8-10 years.

I guess I burned out and didn't click attach on my image. This is from when the Canucks came to town in March. It's a pet peeve of mine when you wear a home jersey to an away game haha so I bought this for th game. I managed to meet Kesler, Kassian, Garrison, Bieksa, Tanev, Sestito, Stanton, Archibald, Edler, Higgins, Garrison, Jensen, Mattias and Markstrom. Tanev is super quiet, Markstrom was hilarious and Sestito sucks at blackjack.

I got burned by Kassian. I was so drunk and happy to get an autograph, that I said "great game tonight". He replied with "I'm suspended" HAHA I knew that too. D'oh!

LOL doh is right! :lol:

Happy Weekend!

TheClearingStick

Did this pass Elvis's test for thread content quality? :bored:

Glad u like the Canucks though...

Happy Weekend!

TheClearingStick

I did that the other day too! Welcome to the forums.

I don't know what hit me this summer. I have tons of work to do, and yet I got caught up in all the hype/anticipation leading up to the draft.

"Is Kesler gonna get traded?? Is Benning really going to trade up for Reinhart??"

I came to CDC checking for news everyday leading up to the draft, and now I'm kinda just enjoying being part of the message boards.

May I ask, what pushed you over the edge, and made you start a topic?

Good post. My mom was from Sask. Great people out there on the prairies. I've been a Rider fan since I was a little tike growing up in rural Surrey (used to be rural) in the 60s and 70s. I became a Canucks fan when they were in the WHL and I continued as a Canucks fan right up to now.

I went to the game in January (4-3 loss) and it was pretty crazy. I still remember watching the guys when they were Moose lol.

I never got autographs from any of the guys though. Where did you meet them?

Does Southern Alberta count as prairies. I live in Calgary now, but I am from Taber which is close to Medicine Hat. I am forced to watch Flames games and am acquainted with Lanny Mcdonald, which makes me an honorary Flames fan. I have been a Canucks fan from the seventies when we would get the games on Wednesday nights on the old black and white TV. I have suffered through two close calls on two cup runs and the sweep in 1982. I bleed blue.

I look at the crap on this forum sometimes and I wonder if anyone here remembers the seventies and eighties when we barely sniffed .500. Yeah those were tough times. Now we have a couple of early exits from the playoffs and miss them one year and the world is ending. Get off or on the band wagon. True fans stay on win or lose. Grow a pair and cheer the team on whether they win or lose.

Sorry, Had to get that off my chest.

Does Southern Alberta count as prairies. I live in Calgary now, but I am from Taber which is close to Medicine Hat. I am forced to watch Flames games and am acquainted with Lanny Mcdonald, which makes me an honorary Flames fan. I have been a Canucks fan from the seventies when we would get the games on Wednesday nights on the old black and white TV. I have suffered through two close calls on two cup runs and the sweep in 1982. I bleed blue.

I look at the crap on this forum sometimes and I wonder if anyone here remembers the seventies and eighties when we barely sniffed .500. Yeah those were tough times. Now we have a couple of early exits from the playoffs and miss them one year and the world is ending. Get off or on the band wagon. True fans stay on win or lose. Grow a pair and cheer the team on whether they win or lose.

Sorry, Had to get that off my chest.

No.

Please find a nother thread

J/k

:bigblush:

I wish the team would just make white versions of their third jerseys and relegate the orca jersey to a third jersey.

Just go with the modernized versions of the original, classic Canucks jerseys and don't change them for years to come.

Ever notice how the original six franchises more or less keep their standard jerseys? That's the real way to build a brand, no more new jerseys every 8-10 years.

I agree it can be too much, but man the original 6 clubs did a good job out of the gate. A rink with a stick, followed by the lovely red yellow black V´s? Gnarly designs you don`t want to be stuck with. Today changes are mainly about $$$. Adaptions on a theme.. okay, but it is nice to have one definitve logo throughout. Johnny Canuck is cool.

Archived