The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Benning and Linden hidden agenda (Summary)

J.I.A.H.N

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata

Kassian-Bonino-Burrows

Higgins-Horvat-Vey

Matthias-Richardson-Dorsett

Bieksa-Hamhuis

Edler-Tanev

Sbisa-Stanton

Miller

Lack

yup except Burrows on left and Kassian on right.

Burrows was always a left wing guy even when he scored 35 goals.

He only played right wing with the twins.

Interesting stat: in 67 playoff games Burrows has 19 goals and 13 assists for a total 0f 32 points. that's almost 0.05 point per game in the playoffs. not bad for a tiny guy in the playoffs.

(Left-Wing); Sedin, Higgins, Burrows, Zalewski , Shinkaruk ?.

(Center); Sedin, Bonino, Matthias, Richardson, Gaunce, Horvat.

(Right-Wing); Vrbata, Kassian, Dorsett, Hansen , vey, Jensen ? .

(Defence); Hamhuise, Edler, Bieksa, Tanev, Sbisa, Stanton, Sanguinetti, Corrado .

( My 14-15 Lineup);

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Shinkaruk/Jensen - Bonino - Vrbata

Higgins - Matthias - Kassian

Dorsett - Richardson - Vey

-Sestito-

Hamhuis - Edler

Tanev - Bieksa

Sbisa - Stanton

-Sanguinetti-

What about this? ^^ Please note, im not to educated on defense positions/handedness and Shinkaruk could easily be swapped for Jensen, hansen is dead to me

That doesn't look to bad either for a line up, except you have Dorsett on left wing when he's a right wing guy.

I actually think our line up is not all that bad considering what we had last year. and with some of the young guys coming up I think well do ok. If you add the Willie D factor we might have something to cheer for come May 2015.

Although I would trade Tanev and Stanton together for one upgrade on defense and give Corrado a shot for the 6 spot.

I agree with ya OP. This year is going to be exciting.

Vey is a for sure lock on the roster according to Benning.

Horvat, Gaunce, Jensen, Shinkaruk, are all going to compete for that role. It's going to be interesting who makes the line up and watching them play next year. We haven't had this kind of excitement with our prospects since the Sedins and Kesler. So anyone could really take that 3rd line center position(Gaunce, Horvat). My guess is out of all the prospects, Horvat, Jensen and Gaunce look like the most "NHL" ready players. We don't want to rush things. And hopefully Virtanen can finish his last year with the Hitmens and look to compete for the starting role when Burrows and Higgins get moved. Or one more year in Utica.

Sedin/Sedin/Vrbata

Burrows/Bonino/Kassian

Higgins/Horvat or Gaunce/Vey

Matthias/Richardson/Dorsett

Again bot 6 going to look great, but the top 6 though. Lets hope Vrbata gets more points playing alongside a pass first playmaker in Henrik Sedin. I'm expecting a lot of things from our top 6. If Burrows or Higgins do get traded that opens up space for Shinkaruk/Virtanen/Jensen.

So let's hope the Canucks do well with progressing these prospects. We don't want another Patrick White, Josh Holden, Libor Polasek, Alek Stojanov, Jason Herter and possibly Jordan Schroeder. Boy boy, we were so close to drafting Patrik Stefan. Man if we did... if we did...

I'm glad we picked the Sedins.

I'm okay with another Stojanov, providing he nets us the next Naslund lol

That doesn't look to bad either for a line up, except you have Dorsett on left wing when he's a right wing guy.

I actually think our line up is not all that bad considering what we had last year. and with some of the young guys coming up I think well do ok. If you add the Willie D factor we might have something to cheer for come May 2015.

Although I would trade Tanev and Stanton together for one upgrade on defense and give Corrado a shot for the 6 spot.

I know, i assumed he would be the best fit for LW over vey, ther was no other place to spot vey in the lineup

This has been one of my most favorite summers of hockey! Firings, Trades, Signings, Drafting and Speculation. And we are not even finished the summer!

I have been trying my best to curb my enthusiasm, but so many options, so many opinions, so many illusions, so many dreams! God! What fun!

So, let's talk about the illusions! Right now, with all our Veterans forwards in the lineup we look like this.

Dank Hank Vrbata

Higgins Bonino Kassian

Hansen Matthais Burrows

Dorsett Richardson Vey Spares:Sestito and Zalewski

It is my understanding that none of these players are waver exempt, therefore to waive any of them, there runs a real, almost 100% chance of being claimed. Not a good option!

Benning has said that he has finished tinkering for the summer, unless a team comes calling, no more moves.

But this is the illusion, both Benning and Linden have said they would like to see youth, brought into our line up. This, I believe is the trueth, also.

So my take on this is as follows:

Unless someone comes calling, Benning will enter training camp with this roster (Don't get bogged down on the positions, only for illistration purposes) He will have 3 real prospects competing for postions on the big club, they are Gaunce, Horvat, and Jensen ( 2 of these will make the Canucks)

Which will allow Benning to keep his word of going for the playoffs, playing youth, but trading 2 vets (Hansen and Burrows are my bet) for picks come late Sept. or he will keep them both until the deadline and then pull the plug if we are not in the playoff race

Will we be in the playoffs, well we will be close, will we have extra picks, yes I think so, do I have any idea what will happen this year? Not a chance! It will be interesting!

Anyone else think this ? Or close?

EDIT: Screwed up there......Not what Ban TSN meant! Geesh!

Wow .... dude ... you need to calm down a bit. It's only July. You sound like you're about to have an orgasm. :bored:

I completely agree about Higgins and Hansen on the second line, please no! However I think Higgins and Hansen make a great 3rd line

If Higgins, Burrows or Hansen play on the second line, the Canuxks have some serious depth problems.

If Higgins, Burrows or Hansen play on the second line, the Canuxks have some serious depth problems.

Last year we had nothing beyond our 2nd line for depth. So was our 2nd line last year really a 3rd line ?

That would explain a lot !

Burrows scored 5 goals in 40 games last season, all in the span of a couple of games. He played horribly defensively, and was essentially a 4th liner. If he doesn't improve his game, this is what our roster should look like (he SHOULD NOT be on our 2nd line eating up big minutes that a young kid deserves more):

Sedin - Sedin - Vbrata

Kassian - Bonino - Higgins

Hansen - Matthias - Jensen

Vey - Richardson - Burrows

Burrows scored 5 goals in 40 games last season, all in the span of a couple of games. He played horribly defensively, and was essentially a 4th liner. If he doesn't improve his game, this is what our roster should look like (he SHOULD NOT be on our 2nd line eating up big minutes that a young kid deserves more):

Assuming he does not return to form, I agree. If having the off-season to get his head back on straight after the injury-filled season, and the presumed improvement in coaching next year restore Burr to what we have come to expect from him, then he deserves top 6 hands down.

If he is playing afraid or distracted because of being injured, or has lost a couple steps due to age after a tough year, then he doesn't deserve it.

IMO, he deserves the chance to prove it.

Assuming he does not return to form, I agree. If having the off-season to get his head back on straight after the injury-filled season, and the presumed improvement in coaching next year restore Burr to what we have come to expect from him, then he deserves top 6 hands down.

If he is playing afraid or distracted because of being injured, or has lost a couple steps due to age after a tough year, then he doesn't deserve it.

IMO, he deserves the chance to prove it.

This :towel:

Sedin - Sedin - Vbrata

Kassian - Bonino - Higgins

Hansen - Matthias - Jensen

Vey - Richardson - Burrows

Unless Burrows has another injury riddled season, I'm expecting him to reach 20 goals this year.

I don't get where the hidden agenda is.

You go on to say they are doing exactly what they say they are doing. How is that a hidden agenda?

Good Question.....this is why I think there is a hidden agenda.... based on my opinion...(maybe not reality).....but here it goes

At the end of last year, there was alot of disgruntled season ticket holders that wanted change, but not nessesarily a rebuild.....if I read it right, they were psssd at MG and JT....they wanted change, but from what I read, most said "why would I buy season tickets to watch a rebuild?"

Linden and Benning were brought in, and promised change, but not a rebuild or a retool for that matter. Linden did say, they would be active in the UFA market, which he was

So after moving Kesler, and Garrison for youth, and trading a pick for Vey, you could possibly argue, that that was a bit of a retool.

(They changed some of the parts, but the majority is still here)

At this point, TL and JB have kept their word for the most part, and I don't think many Canuck fans would argue that they didn't do as good of a job as they could, considering the circumstances.....Kesler really did handcuff them with his list of 2!

The hidden agenda part comes in now and for the remaining part of the year as they are not finished. Come the summer of 2015 our rebuild will be completed, as Burrows, Higgins, Hansen and possibly a Dman will have been moved. As Tortorelli said this team is old, and his arguements were not wrong, it was simply too late to be saying it, and it was the wrong messanger!

Linden came in and convinced FA that in fact Tortorelli was right, although, I suspect he already knew, as it was pretty easy for Linden to move his agenda forward.

Linden and Benning then could not move the entire veteran core out, as that would have been foolish, but what they did do, was move some of the disruption out, and players that could not compete long term, or players who they thought had been given enough chances.

The next group leaving, will not be leaving for any other reason than they are getting old and will be replaced with younger talent within a year or so (If not sooner), and /or they had such bad seasons they didn't have as good of value as their actual worth.

Rebuilds are not done in a year, but our talent wasn't that bad, actually pretty good, but old! And in Keslers case disruptive. And secretly for more than one reason, TL and JB are hoping some of these players on the above list, rebound even a little for the season, therefore increasing their market value.

Trevor and Jim can not come out and say this...therefore it is secret....but it is their agenda,and IMO it is a rebuild.

It has to happen within a year regardless......else where are your young players going to advance too?

PS......the Players with NTC will agree to move if they are out played by younger players......because of pride! Which is what they play for, what they understand, and why everyone on CDC says they won't tank!.....Which I respect!

Archived