The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Ivan Hlinka Tournament 2014, August 11-16

Plum

Yup, Canada only let in 3 goals this whole tournament before this game but the US line of Yan-Novak-Boeser is one of the top lines at the tournament and basically carried the team, they did damage this game but we have a better overall attack than the US which lead to 11 goals.

Where can I watch the gold medal game. please tell me

I'd suggest you watch it at home. That's what I'd do.

... In all seriousness I don't know. I'd like to know if there's a free streaming of it as well (I live abroad) but Plum mentioned a couple posts back that no such thing could be found.

Yup we won but USA didn't have their best team although I still think we would have beat them. This was a dominating performance from Canada which is great to see and every player on the team has atleast a point, deep draft with great Canadian players. Marner, Barzal, Strome, Crouse all definitely helped their stock rise.

No McDavid either on this team even though he was eligible.

Canada wins! 7 years in a row, 10 years out of the past 11, 17 out of the last 19, and 19 out of 24 in the tournaments history.

But we can't even medal at the World Juniors. Makes sense.

Hockey Canada has access to the best U18 players for the Ivan Hlinka but that isn't the case for the Junior squad. HC could have used guys like Mackinnon and Monahan last year but they were held onto by their NHL teams. This year they could potentially lose three key centremen in Lazar, Reinhart, and Horvat. They are worse off without any one of those players, let alone all three. Unfortunately, we often don't dress the best team we can for the World Juniors. :(

Yup we won but USA didn't have their best team although I still think we would have beat them. This was a dominating performance from Canada which is great to see and every player on the team has atleast a point, deep draft with great Canadian players. Marner, Barzal, Strome, Crouse all definitely helped their stock rise.

No McDavid either on this team even though he was eligible.

I have a bit of a bias when it comes to Travis Konecny (the Bo connection). My "kind of" reasonable pre-season draft hope would be to take him. My other wish is for him to grow at least another inch taller.

Archived