The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Sabres sign Sam Reinhart

Second-overall pick in 2014 signs 3-year, entry-level contract:

The Buffalo Sabres today announced that the team has signed forward Sam Reinhart to a three-year, entry level contract.

The second overall pick in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft, Reinhart (6’1”, 190 lbs., 11/6/95) became the Sabres' highest draft pick since the team selected Pierre Turgeon first overall in 1987. He joins the Sabres organization after playing four years in the Western Hockey League (WHL) for the Kootenay Ice.

In addition to serving as Kootenay’s captain in 2013-14, he was named the WHL 2013-14 Player of the Year and Most Sportsmanlike Player of the Year.

“We are very excited to have Sam under contract,” said Sabres General Manager Tim Murray. “We look forward to watching him develop and become an important part of our organization in the future.”

In 2013-14, Reinhart led Kootenay with 105 points (36+69) in 60 games, tying for fourth overall in the WHL. He also led his team with 23 points (6+17) in 13 playoff games, advancing three rounds before Kootenay fell to the Portland Winterhawks in the Western Conference Championship.

Through his four seasons with Kootenay and the WHL, the North Vancouver, British Columbia native has recorded 254 points (101+153) in 203 games. Additionally, he captained Canada’s gold medal-winning teams at both the 2012 Ivan Hlinka Memorial and the 2013 Under-18 World Championship.

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=726124

Aww I feel so sorry for you.... Were you expecting your beloved Canucks to sign him? God I feel bad for you, I really don't know what else to say.

yeah I should have clarified. What pisses me off is teams like Buffalo. "If we get a great offer were willing to trade the pick". Well they got a great offer and still didn't trade the pick. They already have three first rounds for next draft. Tanking and losing year after year like Edmonton really pisses me off. What pisses m,e off more is they get rewarded for that crap... get it now?

Edit: While I'm at it, your post pisses me off to.

yeah I should have clarified. What pisses me off is teams like Buffalo. "If we get a great offer were willing to trade the pick". Well they got a great offer and still didn't trade the pick. They already have three first rounds for next draft. Tanking and losing year after year like Edmonton really pisses me off. What pisses m,e off more is they get rewarded for that crap... get it now?

Pretty sure you're thinking of Florida.

I suggest you get some fresh air and some gelato. Chill out.

last i checked Edmonton is still on the bottom of the barrel in the NHL and no bright light at the end of the tunnel

even if Buffalo gets Mcdavid there is no guarantee he will save that franchise these teams that lose on purpose create a toxic environment and have no clue how to build a team

Meh. He'll thrive over there until such time as he becomes UFA and like everyone else will abandon ship at which time CDC will erupt in to endless threads about his worth his value and the like.

Your high praise of CDC is so uplifting. Thanks for your continuous praise of CDC. Keep up the good work.

Meh. He'll thrive over there until such time as he becomes UFA and like everyone else will abandon ship at which time CDC will erupt in to endless threads about his worth his value and the like.

And yet you seem to be the most significant contributor to CDC postings over the last calendar year. Are you serving a prison sentence here or something?

Things to remember moving forward:

* CDC is not a single entity

*You are on a site that is most likely over-populated by teenagers and children. Your profile suggests that you are an adult. Are you comfortable proactively calling them out like this?

* Why would you consistently visit a place that you are so adverse to?

And yet you seem to be the most significant contributor to CDC postings over the last calendar year. Are you serving a prison sentence here or something?

Things to think about moving forward:

*CDC is not a single entity.

*You are on a site that is most likely over-populated by teenagers and children. Your profile suggests that you are an adult. Are comfortable consistently calling them out like this?

*Why would you keep coming back to a place that you are so adverse to?

+1

Lol the guy has nearly 8,000 posts in just over a year and he claims it's others on cdc that will have endless discussions. :)

Archived