The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Sabres sign Sam Reinhart

And yet you seem to be the most significant contributor to CDC postings over the last calendar year. Are you serving a prison sentence here or something?

Things to remember moving forward:

* CDC is not a single entity

*You are on a site that is most likely over-populated by teenagers and children. Your profile suggests that you are an adult. Are you comfortable proactively calling them out like this?

* Why would you consistently visit a place that you are so adverse to?

THANK YOU!

Finally someone who understands the "lump logic". Which is a term I use whenever a member of CDC (hypocrite) starts lumping every other member of CDC into one entity.

People who do that are ridiculous.

Good for sam, he has a bright future in the NHL!! Would of been nice to see him putting the canucks blue on on draft day but understandable why buffalo wanted to keep him.

Atleast he knows how bad our organization and fan base wanted him. Possibly it could bear on his future decision come the day he becomes a UFA..

Until then good luck, hope he lights it up.

yeah I should have clarified. What pisses me off is teams like Buffalo. "If we get a great offer were willing to trade the pick". Well they got a great offer and still didn't trade the pick. They already have three first rounds for next draft. Tanking and losing year after year like Edmonton really pisses me off. What pisses m,e off more is they get rewarded for that crap... get it now?

Edit: While I'm at it, your post pisses me off to.

Year after year? They've missed the playoffs 3 straight years now (the first year, they finished 9th, so that doesn't count as tanking), and in the lockout year, they finished with a .500 record. I would only consider last season, and probably this upcoming season as true "tanking". They're just not going down the route of being the tweener team.

They can't really afford to do a 'half-rebuild' cuz they don't have the luxury of having core players like the Sedin's on their team.

yeah I should have clarified. What pisses me off is teams like Buffalo. "If we get a great offer were willing to trade the pick". Well they got a great offer and still didn't trade the pick. They already have three first rounds for next draft. Tanking and losing year after year like Edmonton really pisses me off. What pisses m,e off more is they get rewarded for that crap... get it now?

Edit: While I'm at it, your post pisses me off to.

I get what you mean, but Buffalo wasn't shopping their pick. A 'great offer' is relative too, especially when all we have are rumours as to what was offered (which were debunked afterwards anyway). While we're at it I guess I should mention that the only reward they've gotten to this point is high draft picks - no guaranteed cups in their (or the Oiler's) future.

THANK YOU!

Finally someone who understands the "lump logic". Which is a term I use whenever a member of CDC (hypocrite) starts lumping every other member of CDC into one entity.

People who do that are ridiculous.

Thats my Uncle's nickname for Kassians hockey iq

Would have loved to see Reinhart drop all the way to 6th. Then hope Virtanen drops all the way to 24th. Would have been nice.

But clearly I'm dreaming. Good to see him sign

I think McCann will be better than either of them. There's something about the guys attitude on the ice that makes me think we have a real winner.

I love the Linden/Benning focus on Western Canada players, long over due. Two greatest Canucks, Linden and Smyl were western boys. Virtanen looks more than solid. Congrats to Reinhart, the Kootenay Ice continue to produce talent.

Buffalo's future looks scary.

Already having guys like Hodgson, Ennis, Girgensons, Myers , Foligno

add Ristolainen, Grigorenko, Reinhart, Zadorov, Lemieux, McCabe, Larsson.

This team looks deep in depth and budding stars for the future. Buffalo is building a good team for the future. Adding solid pieces in Moulson, Gionta, Gorges will help stablilize the youth as well. Give them 1-2 years and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they are in the playoffs, all they are really missing is a goaltender.

With the addition of performance bonuses, Reinhart will most likely end up making almost 3.6 million per year during his ELC period. Not bad for a newbie NHL'er.

I wonder what's taking Florida so long in signing Ekblad. He's first overall, just give the kid his max ELC base -max signing bonus -max performance bonuses and be done with it. The amounts are all spelled out in the CBA so Tallon should have had the contract all ready for Ekblad to sign.

Second-overall pick in 2014 signs 3-year, entry-level contract:

The Buffalo Sabres today announced that the team has signed forward Sam Reinhart to a three-year, entry level contract.

The second overall pick in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft, Reinhart (61, 190 lbs., 11/6/95) became the Sabres' highest draft pick since the team selected Pierre Turgeon first overall in 1987. He joins the Sabres organization after playing four years in the Western Hockey League (WHL) for the Kootenay Ice.

In addition to serving as Kootenays captain in 2013-14, he was named the WHL 2013-14 Player of the Year and Most Sportsmanlike Player of the Year.

We are very excited to have Sam under contract, said Sabres General Manager Tim Murray. We look forward to watching him develop and become an important part of our organization in the future.

In 2013-14, Reinhart led Kootenay with 105 points (36+69) in 60 games, tying for fourth overall in the WHL. He also led his team with 23 points (6+17) in 13 playoff games, advancing three rounds before Kootenay fell to the Portland Winterhawks in the Western Conference Championship.

Through his four seasons with Kootenay and the WHL, the North Vancouver, British Columbia native has recorded 254 points (101+153) in 203 games. Additionally, he captained Canadas gold medal-winning teams at both the 2012 Ivan Hlinka Memorial and the 2013 Under-18 World Championship.

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=726124

VAN

Myers

Reinhart

BUF

Matthias

Hansen

Lack

Archibald

VAN

Myers

Reinhart

BUF

Matthias

Hansen

Lack

Archibald

Nice trade for us 2 3rd liners 1 4th liner and a back up goalie for a 2nd overall pick and a 24 year old 1 st round pick d man that is still learning the game. If the Sabres made that trade they really would be tanking for McDavid. :rolleyes:

Archived