The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Some fans ruined this team, but I STILL BELIEVE!

kill_the_avs2

34 years old and been big fan since 92... Everyone is so hard on this team. Yea to lose in game 7... Twice.. Ya that was the worst moment of my sports watching life. But here's the thing.

Sports are a crazy beautiful unknown. Anything can happen and that's why we watch and post. Thing I hate reading these boards lately! Everyone is so negative and it's dooooooooooomssssday everyday. People relax!

Are we the best NHL team on paper next year?No

Will we make the playoffs?? Who knows

Are the changes exciting?? F ya

But that's why we watch and that's why no matter if opening night in OCT the Fing Miami heat are the starting line I will still be a fan. Prospects and dreams is what we have.... And that's fine by me

Peace out and goodnight serious internet sports warriors.

At the end of the day results matter.

As much as I am a die hard fan of this team results do not lie and I tend to not blame the masses for their frustration.

We have never won a championship in this teams history.

44 years and counting.....people are/have become impatient.

Pretty hard to be negative about our new management and coaching staff. I've been really impressed with all three and really can't wait for the season to start. Our prospect depth is the best it's been in a while, and I completely trust Benning/ linden to make the right moves to make this team better. Look what they have accomplished so far? If it was still torts and gillis is be negative

I like to be positive too. But sometimes you have to be realistic and look at our lineup then realize that's not going to get very far. On its own our lineup looks average. But when you start to compare with other teams it's obvious we are very lacking. Everything on our team is questionable. The offence(burrows?)and defence(Edler?). The goal tending as well depending on how well miller responds to the change. But even he won't help much if our defense never shows up.

As much as I am a die hard fan of this team results do not lie and I tend to not blame the masses for their frustration.

Winning a cup changes nothing, you still wake up the next day and go to work. As long as I'm entertained I don't really care if they win. Win or lose my life stays the same, being entertained is the reason I watch hockey. I'd rather watch the Canucks lose a 2-1 entertaining game then watch them win 3-0 and suck while doing it.

Lately we aren't getting either.

I think it reflects on the number of years or times you've been disapointed. When the club repeats the failure year..decade after decade and you've been following the team it does tend to wear on you. I've been following the team and buying season tickets since 1973 ....realism does tend to tell you don't get too excited

Winning a cup changes nothing, you still wake up the next day and go to work. As long as I'm entertained I don't really care if they win. Win or lose my life stays the same, being entertained is the reason I watch hockey. I'd rather watch the Canucks lose a 2-1 entertaining game then watch them win 3-0 and suck while doing it.

Lately we aren't getting either.

I agree except I want to see another chance for the cup in our future.

I like to be positive too. But sometimes you have to be realistic and look at our lineup then realize that's not going to get very far. On its own our lineup looks average. But when you start to compare with other teams it's obvious we are very lacking. Everything on our team is questionable. The offence(burrows?)and defence(Edler?). The goal tending as well depending on how well miller responds to the change. But even he won't help much if our defense never shows up.

This.

It's not that people are being overtly negative, it's that they're being realistic. Those who haven't realized how far we've fallen will be reminded again next year why we're a fringe playoff team.

I think "impatient" is absolutely the wrong word to be using.

As a fan for every one of those 44 years, I've been nothing if not patient. Right now I'd prefer to be stocking the prospect shelves instead of signing high-priced free agents, for the dubious benefit of sneaking into the playoffs.

This.

It's not that people are being overtly negative, it's that they're being realistic. Those who haven't realized how far we've fallen will be reminded again next year why we're a fringe playoff team.

Yep. Be positive, be negative...do whatever you want. Be happy. But more important than any of that, be realistic. Realistic people make the best survivors. They don't burn out on emotion.

I think "impatient" is absolutely the wrong word to be using.

As a fan for every one of those 44 years, I've been nothing if not patient. Right now I'd prefer to be stocking the prospect shelves instead of signing high-priced free agents, for the dubious benefit of sneaking into the playoffs.

I'm with you on that the whole way, Rupe. I've been to the circus too many times to believe in sales pitches.

I don't get it, these happy go lucky threads are just as pointless as 90% of the other garbage threads that get posted but for some reason these are accepted?

jgff.gif

most of these happy go lucky threads are people claiming to me fans of for 50 some odd years.

My point is its our fault for showing our grandparents how to internet which lead to these threads.

AASS

Adults against senior surfing

Archived