The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Some fans ruined this team, but I STILL BELIEVE!

kill_the_avs2

I don't get it, these happy go lucky threads are just as pointless as 90% of the other garbage threads that get posted but for some reason these are accepted?

jgff.gif

It's all pointless man... This is just a discussion board, nothing will ever change because of what is talked about here. In my opinion, it is more enjoyable to at least be optimistic about the team.

Maybe you don't agree with the signings the team has made, but no matter how much you disagree with it it won't make any difference. So I just go with the flow, I would rather be positive and watch the team for 6 (or 8) months out of the year than try to nitpick every move to death, because it won't change a thing anyways.

That's just my opinion though!

You could call me a homer I guess... But F yea I guess I am, this is my home team and I will always cheer for them.

This team will compete hard next year. I have no doubt that anyone seen as coasting will be traded regardless of no trade clauses!

No, you can't force a trade, but someone can sit in the press box for an extended period as well!

Or waived, there will be accountability this year, that is for certain.

Hello there true Canuck fans. I know there's a lot of people who don't like me and wish I would go away. I think we got off on the wrong foot. I know I can come off a little proactive, and for that I'm sorry. But if everyone could find a place in their hearts for the CDC poster that nobody wanted, I know we can make the Canucks a great team until we grow old together.

We can criticize, but no need to be overly mean. We can question the player's on ice play, but no need for such negativity. It doesn't help the players and only runs them out of town (Lui, Schneids, Hodgson, Booth, etc)

The future's never been brighter. Trev and Benning are on the right track. We can do this!!

Oh, I almost forgot to question how knowledgeable the Canucks fan base is.

Oops, I also didn't mention I've been a fan for many years.

Eh if your a regular your okay in my book. The way I see it (some may disagree) but the regulars on here are the meat and potatoes of canuck army.

While others can simply forget about hockey for the Summer we spend countless hours discussing something that we all cherish and love (The canucks). We all have different ways of showing our love. We need to be patient with one another and remember that we are all on the same team.

CDC meana family

Family means nobody gets left behind

I have never perceived you as annoying. However would you care to describe for me what a true fan is? That statement may affect your credibility as a poster. Everyone is a fan as long as they cheer for the team.

I understand your opinion regarding being subjective with the players and their performance. People here tend to overreact sometimes. I sure know I have.

That being said, I don't think anything that has been posted on this site has ever contributed to a player wanting to leave. At all. Luongo left because of Schneider has usurped him in the eyes of both Gillis and Vigneault. And because the organization had clearly lost it's way.

I agree wholeheartedly with you as far as where the team is headed. The Canucks have truly avoided years of mediocrity by the management overhaul. Bringing in decisive, experienced, and no nonsense people like Linden, Benning and Desjardins is a huge step in the right direction.

Fans did not ruin this team,... they are as diverse as people can be & what they have to say should simply be "white noise" to the players.

Many players say they get just as charged in other rinks as they are at home,...IF the energy level is high, it's not so much what is being... Booed or Luued.... or when. Give your head a shake! Generally, the players if they are competative & of healthy & sound minds,... will acknowledge that having fans who are passionate, rather than indifferent...is a good thing.

I DO believe that positive thoughts, energy, prayers, or what have you... are all helpful to the cause of a winning team...but I do NOT believe that "fans" ran any players out of town here. The Canucks management, head coaching decisions, the players' own attitudes, & in some cases the meddling of agents & or of family members, did those things,....all by themselves.

I sit back a grieve some times...all the players who left us via trade, or because they went un-signed. Plenty of NHL players loved their time spent in VanCity & didnt want to leave us...despite all of the excitable & alarmist fans here.

Hello there true Canuck fans. I know there's a lot of people who don't like me and wish I would go away. I think we got off on the wrong foot. I know I can come off a little proactive, and for that I'm sorry. But if everyone could find a place in their hearts for the CDC poster that nobody wanted, I know we can make the Canucks a great team until we grow old together.

We can criticize, but no need to be overly mean. We can question the player's on ice play, but no need for such negativity. It doesn't help the players and only runs them out of town (Lui, Schneids, Hodgson, Booth, etc)

The future's never been brighter. Trev and Benning are on the right track. We can do this!!

Oh, I almost forgot to question how knowledgeable the Canucks fan base is.

Oops, I also didn't mention I've been a fan for many years.

1384696d1392414404-01-2014-forum-project

Archived