The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Unbelieveable talent

Hi guys! Found this amazing Norweigan talent born in 00. He has insane technique, great skating, magical hands and maybe even higher hockey iq. So I thought I do everyone a favour to post what I found.

Remember the name, Emilio Peterssen.

If you are intreseted here is his eliteprospect profile.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=274219

Definitely talented no doubt. Two things I noticed:

1. He needs to start playing against better competition to truly see what he's made of and elevate his game.

2. His skills are far superior then the competition in the videos above but he is still very unselfish with the puck, which is a good sign too.

That and the first thing that came to mind is that his fans can shout...

mqdefault.jpg

He's incredible!

He's like...a child amongst children out there :P

Seriously, kids got talent. But while I will remember the name it will only be to make sure I measure it against more talented competition.

True, but if you checked out his profile at eliteprospect you'd find out he plays in the US with players one or two years older than himself.

Been keeping an eye on him the past couple years through HF.

Im honestly surprised he's still that far ahead of the pack in talent, though you can see he doesnt look like Pavel Bure compared to his peers anymore. Here's hoping he continues to succeed! I believe I read that he plans on going to Shattuck Saint Maries or some other prep school.

This new generation of the kids born post 2000 is truly gonna be really scary. With all the advanced sport specific training and nutritional info available along with technology continuing to evolve these days there could be a handful of phenoms that are developed.

Kids are definitely getting more skilled at an earlier age. There are probably 8 year olds who can dangle and do puck tricks on the ice that would put some NHLers to shame especially in the shootout.

By the time these kids hit the NHL the emphasis on concussions will turn the NHL into a more skill, skating and puck possession game while weeding out the 4th line luggers and d-man who can't skate and make a pass out of the zone on the tape.

But Bettman needs fighting to sell tickets in the U.S. so I doubt it will ever be close to a European style Olympic game that is played in the NHL.

Hopefully Canada can too teach kids to forget the older generations dump and chase methods and adopt a skilled approach to coaching kids that puts emphasis on puck possession and worry less about defensive positioning early on and focus on skill development like the Europeans do who don't worry about getting hit and having to fight.

Meh. Doesn't mean much. Too young. Much better then his competition but doesn't look like he's excellent at anything.

Exactly.

You know else dominated like this at his age? Zach Hamill. We all know what happened with that.

Having coached minor hockey for 10 plus years my thoughts are as follows:

1. The kid shows ability.

2. He looks like a triple A Bantam playing against house league or single A Bantams.

3. There are 50 kids with similar skill levels in Vancouver right now.

4. He's too young and the film work does not delineate the skill level of his competition sufficiently to draw any conclusions other than the kid has some ability and might be a good player at the major junior level one day.

5. Any further prognostications are simply guesses.

Meh. Doesn't mean much. Too young. Much better then his competition but doesn't look like he's excellent at anything.

You realize this can be said about pretty much of any prospect that hasn't played yet in the NHL? Of course he has a long way to becoming a player of consequence. Doesn't mean we cannot appreciate the talent, "doesn't look like he's excellent at anything" is pretty laughable as well.

You realize this can be said about pretty much of any prospect that hasn't played yet in the NHL? Of course he has a long way to becoming a player of consequence. Doesn't mean we cannot appreciate the talent, "doesn't look like he's excellent at anything" is pretty laughable as well.

If he can be this good in the CHL then yes he will be good but this is minor hockey. There are a lot of great players in minor hockey. He isn't...

I used to play with Griffin Reinhart when I was little, and it looked a little something like that. Thankfully he was on my team... All we had to do was pass him the puck!

That said, this guy has some serious skill... Tank for him in 2019?

Archived