The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

To the people saying "trade Burrows" ....

The Listening

Watch this. And remember who you're talking about.

Burrows is our heart-and-soul player. He has the clutch ability other teams pray to have. One injury filled season does not change that. You can't replace a player like Burrows very easily. His ability to perform when it matters most is impeccable. He's willing to shed blood and tears if the team benefits from it. I've been following Burrows since he was a 3rd line grinder and even then, he had the ability to turn games around by himself. He's a leader, and an inspiration for the rest of the team to play as well as he does.

I want the critics to stop saying trade Burrows. It would be the worst decision our management could make if he is moved. I see Burrows rebounding HARD next season.

A simpler answer is where would he agree to be traded to, even if we wanted to move him?

Montreal?

What would we get in return? Doubtful enough to move him.

The return that we would get is not worth moving him. I'd much rather keep him and see him rebound rather than moving him for a lower tier draft pick.

Cool, that was 3+ year, when he was getting paid 2M and playing alongside the Sedin's who were simply unstoppable at that time, so I find that a pretty poor example.

I'm not saying trade Burrows, but he's getting paid 4.5M, and he might just find himself on the 3rd line this year considering Vrbata was brought in to play with the Sedins, and we might see Kassian and Jensen on that 2nd line. I highly doubt someone is worth 4.5M, just because of his "heart and soul" playing on the 3rd line.

If he bounces back? Great, but right now, lets be honest, does hit fit what this team is going for? And is he worth 4.5M, possibly playing on the 3rd line?

His spot is the 2LW spot.

Shinkaruk and Jensen will be running for that even if they're sent to the AHL to start the season.

We aren't winning the cup with this lineup. If there are young players who are ready for a spot in the middle six, we make room for them.

We need to stop living in the past.

If you can get a good deal for Burrows that helps the future of this team,(and he waives) how can you not trade him?

2011 was great, and he's been great for us, no disputing that. But that's all in the past. If he's a piece in

a trade that improves the team going forward, it's the right move to make.

That being said, right now might not be the best time to trade him, considering the return we might get.

I like Burrows and all, but Wayne Gretzky helped Edmonton win 4 Stanley Cups and they traded him, so anyone can be traded in IMO.

That's not to say that Burr should be traded, but it wouldn't shock me if it happened at some point.

Burr is an overpaid, overrated rotten third liner. The only reason he used to score a lot was because of the sedins who are now old.

I got pissed off watching him screw up last year. He is not what this team needs.

I wouldn't say that he's rotten, but he's certainly rotten in the eyes of the refs and the rest of the league. He cried wolf too many times with his diving, to the point where it hurts him and the rest of the team.

Burr was great four years ago and if he wasn't make 4.5M he would be a great 3rd/4th liner for us. The problem is he hasn't done anything lately just because a player was great a while ago doesn't mean he still is I mean would you want Cheechoo on your team just because he scored 56 goals in 2005

Edit: I realize now someone already made a cheechoo reference but my point still stands

bur is a heart and soul guy that every team needs...he was injured and never got back to form last year....much like many players...

some of us want to give him this year to see if he can re-invent himself...i think he can...just my opinion...

bur is a heart and soul guy that every team needs...he was injured and never got back to form last year....much like many players...

some of us want to give him this year to see if he can re-invent himself...i think he can...just my opinion...

AASS

yes lets keep players for past achievements

the core is all but finished the Sedins Burrows Edler and Bieksa will all be traded retired or simply leave during free agency i hate to say it the sooner the better

that is not to say they are completely worthless and awful players they are great players but it's time to move on and build a new core moving Kesler and Luongo was a good thing regardless of the return people holding on to hope they can recapture 2011 magic are delusional

Archived