The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) VAN-NSH

VAN Gets Fiala

NSH Gets Mccan, Matthias,Hansen,2016 4th

Why NSH Does this:

Nashville Gets a a prospect in Mccan and 2 roster players along with a pick. Matthias would be a good fit. Hansen Could play with olli jokinen. With Mike Fisher injured, Matthias would get a shot and maybe prove to be very useful on the PK.

Why VAN Does this?

I Personally REALLY REALLY like Kevin Fiala and i think him playing in Vancouver would be icing on the cake.

Guys please stop underrating McCann. He's going to become a beast in the future. His GM and coach both believe that he has serious potential to become an elite scoring no. 1 centre in the NHL. I think he has tonnes of untapped potential. Just watch him rack up 90+ points this season. The reason why he dropped so low is because he hasn't been able to translate his skill onto the stat sheet. He's going to be determined this season to prove the teams that passed on him wrong.

Our prospects really seemed to get along together during the camp and I feel that they've all become good friends. Why break that up? We haven't even seen what McCann can do at the NHL level yet. Rebuilding teams shouldn't be trading away their prospects. Not to mention Matthias who could be our new version of Malholtra.

Also, if Nashville wanted McCann they would've drafted him. As much as I like McCann I'll admit that Fiala at this point has shown that he is better able to translate his skill into a game setting. Nashville is clearly trying to move away from playing a strong two-way game and moving towards playing an offensive style of hockey. McCann doesn't make sense for them. If anything they'd trade Fiala for immediate help on their first line. I don't think they are going into a rebuild phase like us.

VAN Gets Fiala

NSH Gets Mccan, Matthias,Hansen,2016 4th

Why NSH Does this:

Nashville Gets a a prospect in Mccan and 2 roster players along with a pick. Matthias would be a good fit. Hansen Could play with olli jokinen. With Mike Fisher injured, Matthias would get a shot and maybe prove to be very useful on the PK.

Why VAN Does this?

I Personally REALLY REALLY like Kevin Fiala and i think him playing in Vancouver would be icing on the cake.

If you haven't heard the news lately. Benning has stated that 2 or 3 Gm's have been asking about McCann . And he said that he was planning on grooming their prospects for the future of this franchise. Benning stated it was a short conversation.

Maybe we should give Matthias a chance to really play first. He showed a lot of effort when he arrived. I think he will have a real good year. He played 18 games with us last year and If it was a full season he would of been on pace for one of his best seasons. I think after a bit more bonding and consistency with his line mates he will have a break out year.

I like how your reasoning for Van doing the trade was "because I really like Fiala."

I didn't know you had that much pull with our management.

I really like Sidney Crosby. While you are at it, can you see if Benning will whip something up for him?

As far as the trade offer goes btw, I hate it. Ask me again in 3-5 years though when Fiala has had a chance to actually have a career instead of being a month removed from being drafted.

How about Forsberg for McCann, Matthias and Higgins?

They get some depth scorers they lost trading for Neal, get a future center who may only be a smidge worse than Forsberg anyway.

Forsberg may end up being a point-per-game center in the NHL if he's lucky. 90 points in a year max.

Higgins currently puts up a consistent 40 points.

Matthias currently puts up a consistent 30 points, 40-50 points if he's lucky.

McCann looks like he'll be a future #1 or #2 center. That's around a 60-70 point player.

Essentially trading 80-90 points from Forsberg in about 2-3 years for a current 70-80 points from Higgins/Matthias and a future 60-70 points from McCann in about 2-3 years.

Nashville does this because by acquiring Neal they look like they're serious about making changes and going for it now, plus they get a lot more offence back than Forsberg would produce by himself.

Vancouver does this because they need to cut the crap and start building a solid core around a future #1 center. We've had success with Swedes before and Henrik could groom Forsberg perfectly. Suddenly this is our future team in 3-5 years time:

Kassian - Forsberg - Shinkaruk

Jensen - Horvat - Virtanen

Sedin - Sedin - Bonino

UFA - Gaunce - UFA

Guys please stop underrating McCann. He's going to become a beast in the future. His GM and coach both believe that he has serious potential to become an elite scoring no. 1 centre in the NHL. I think he has tonnes of untapped potential. Just watch him rack up 90+ points this season. The reason why he dropped so low is because he hasn't been able to translate his skill onto the stat sheet. He's going to be determined this season to prove the teams that passed on him wrong.

Our prospects really seemed to get along together during the camp and I feel that they've all become good friends. Why break that up? We haven't even seen what McCann can do at the NHL level yet. Rebuilding teams shouldn't be trading away their prospects. Not to mention Matthias who could be our new version of Malholtra.

Also, if Nashville wanted McCann they would've drafted him. As much as I like McCann I'll admit that Fiala at this point has shown that he is better able to translate his skill into a game setting. Nashville is clearly trying to move away from playing a strong two-way game and moving towards playing an offensive style of hockey. McCann doesn't make sense for them. If anything they'd trade Fiala for immediate help on their first line. I don't think they are going into a rebuild phase like us.

I totally agree with this. McCann looked great at prospects camp and I expect him to make a serious push into our line up in the next year or two.

Archived